Husker reputation

C'mon guys. Even though you're Nebraska fans, and I'm a Mizzou fan, we're all midwesterners, right? We know you gotta call it like you see it...

Was it Pelini's intent to be disrespectful towards Chase ('I don't know that he's the best I've seen...') or Mizzou's offense (shutout comment)? Let's go ahead and say 'no.'

But were they wise things to say given the current status of the two programs? I don't think so. Did anything that comes even close to those notions need to be implied by a guy who's leading a team that is in desperate need of some confidence? Heck no!

The worst thing a coach can do - the absolute worst thing he can do - is make things things tougher for his team. Pelini and his staff have already done that, hurting your team in two different games. He did it with his personal foul in the VT game, he did it with his ambiguous comments last week, and his defensive coordinator did it as he giggled out loud about his super-secret defensive scheme ('We were ready by Tuesday...').

There was one time during the game that I saw Bo just totally berating one of your players. The kid was shrinking back, as if he thought Pelini was going to slug him. The capper was when Brother Pelini rolled in to get his pound of flesh too. It happened folks, I saw it.

What's wrong with this guy?! And what is his agenda? Is it about Nebraska football? Or is it about Bo?

Do you think there might be any correlation between Pelini's lack of personal discipline and the team's lack of discipline on the field? Or the spitting allegations? That has nothing to do with Callahan's tenure, or with the players he left behind.

The post-game press conference he gave was unbelievable. Literally. He came off as being totally phony to me, like a guy who knows he's screwing up and is already worrying about his job. It was a contrived performance, and you guys swallowed it all.

The ball cap that points straight up, the giant wad of gum, the plumber's sweatshirt... This guy's a joke, a caricature of a big-time coach, and everybody in the Big-12 sees it but you.

Of all the problems your program has to face, the most pressing one is the coach you have now. He's out of control.

You're all great guys, and I love reading your posts. But your inability to see this Bo-foonery amazes me. I know it sucks to think this guy might be another miss, but geez. I guess he could still end up being a great coach, but only if he changes himself first. He's just a loose cannon, a clown with a big 'N' on his chest. Great for us I suppose, but not so good for Husker Nation...

One question: Why didn't you hire Turner Gill?!

Asbestos suit now donned...

Wow. After 5 games you've got us all figured out. Good for you.

What were you saying about Pinkel after his first couple years?

The worst thing a coach can do - the absolute worst thing he can do - is make things things tougher for his team. Pelini and his staff have already done that, hurting your team in two different games. He did it with his personal foul in the VT game, he did it with his ambiguous comments last week, and his defensive coordinator did it as he giggled out loud about his super-secret defensive scheme ('We were ready by Tuesday...').

How is expressing confidence in one's game plan hurting the team? What was he supposed to say, "Yeah, we really have no idea how it's going to turn out. Could go either way, really."

There was one time during the game that I saw Bo just totally berating one of your players. The kid was shrinking back, as if he thought Pelini was going to slug him. The capper was when Brother Pelini rolled in to get his pound of flesh too. It happened folks, I saw it.

I saw it, too, and I approved 100%. This is the University of Nebraska we're talking about. Coach Pelini expects perfection. He's made that clear since the start. The fans stand behind his demand for perfection.

The post-game press conference he gave was unbelievable. Literally. He came off as being totally phony to me, like a guy who knows he's screwing up and is already worrying about his job. It was a contrived performance, and you guys swallowed it all.

Which postgame were YOU watching?

The ball cap that points straight up, the giant wad of gum, the plumber's sweatshirt... This guy's a joke, a caricature of a big-time coach, and everybody in the Big-12 sees it but you.

Wow, he doesn't dress the same way as other head coaches I've seen, he must be a phony. Killer assessment. :thumbs After all, you Tiger fans sure would know how to spot a killer head coach. You've had so many.

You're all great guys, and I love reading your posts. But your inability to see this Bo-foonery amazes me. I know it sucks to think this guy might be another miss, but geez. I guess he could still end up being a great coach, but only if he changes himself first. He's just a loose cannon, a clown with a big 'N' on his chest. Great for us I suppose, but not so good for Husker Nation...

Tom Osborne trusts him. I've met and spoken with Tom Osborne on multiple occasions and if he trusts Pelini, then Pelini is worth it.

Ok, if Chase Daniel was a man, he'd have confronted Bo, told him who it was that allegedly spit on him. I'm sure Bo would have more respect for him than Chase acting like a little high school girl, and putting his business out in the street.

This just proves to me that he's a drama queen. Then saying that we're the dirtiest team, thats something done in High School, not in division I college football.

Chase Daniel needs to man up.

We need to call the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance for Chase Daniel, and make sure he gets to the whiner's hospital...

C'mon guys. Even though you're Nebraska fans, and I'm a Mizzou fan, we're all midwesterners, right? We know you gotta call it like you see it...

Was it Pelini's intent to be disrespectful towards Chase ('I don't know that he's the best I've seen...') or Mizzou's offense (shutout comment)? Let's go ahead and say 'no.'

But were they wise things to say given the current status of the two programs? I don't think so. Did anything that comes even close to those notions need to be implied by a guy who's leading a team that is in desperate need of some confidence? Heck no!

What's wrong with this guy?! And what is his agenda? Is it about Nebraska football? Or is it about Bo?

Do you think there might be any correlation between Pelini's lack of personal discipline and the team's lack of discipline on the field? Or the spitting allegations? That has nothing to do with Callahan's tenure, or with the players he left behind.

Of all the problems your program has to face, the most pressing one is the coach you have now. He's out of control.

I made no mention of you or your fellow fans. My post was about Pelini.

To answer your question, I wanted Pinkel to go after the 2004 season. I went back to Columbia for the MU-KU game, and saw a listless and completely unmotivated Mizzou team lose to the Jayhawks.

However, in 2005, Pinkel started to change his style of coaching, taking a more collaborative approach with his older players. I think a lot of this was precipitated by the death of Aaron O'Neal that previous summer.

Had he stayed in the same mode he started with, I doubt things would have gotten much better. But he changed himself, and after that everything else followed.

Hard for me to understand how you guys can't see your young coach's shortcomings. I'm not saying he's a write-off, but I do think your recovery will take longer than necessary as long as his antics continue. It's your team though...

Still... Why didn't you guys hire Turner Gill? His team played a heckuva game against us. In our own back yard no less...

To answer your question, I wanted Pinkel to go after the 2004 season. I went back to Columbia for the MU-KU game, and saw a listless and completely unmotivated Mizzou team lose to the Jayhawks.

However, in 2005, Pinkel started to change his style of coaching, taking a more collaborative approach with his older players and becoming less rigid overall. I think a lot of this was precipitated by the death of Aaron O'Neal that previous summer.

Had he stayed in the same mode he started with, I doubt things would have gotten much better. But he changed himself, and after that everything else followed. In retrospect, one thing I've always liked about him is his unassuming manner. Missourians detest loudmouths and showboats, and he seems to understand that.

Hard for me to understand how you guys can't see your young coach's shortcomings. I'm not saying he's a write-off, but I do think your recovery will take longer than necessary as long as his antics continue. It's your team though...

Still... Why didn't you guys hire Turner Gill? His team played a heckuva game against us. In our own back yard no less...

Ok, if Chase Daniel was a man, he'd have confronted Bo, told him who it was that allegedly spit on him. I'm sure Bo would have more respect for him than Chase acting like a little high school girl, and putting his business out in the street.

This just proves to me that he's a drama queen. Then saying that we're the dirtiest team, thats something done in High School, not in division I college football.

We need to call the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance for Chase Daniel, and make sure he gets to the whiner's hospital...

Sounds like sour grapes to me. At what point is Chase not a man? I disagree 100% with you. A player from an opposing team should not confront the coach of the opposing team.

However, in 2005, Pinkel started to change his style of coaching, taking a more collaborative approach with his older players and becoming less rigid overall. I think a lot of this was precipitated by the death of Aaron O'Neal that previous summer.

Had he stayed in the same mode he started with, I doubt things would have gotten much better. But he changed himself, and after that everything else followed. In retrospect, one thing I've always liked about him is his unassuming manner. Missourians detest loudmouths and showboats, and he seems to understand that.

I think it is treading on dangerous ground to espouse such things about another programs coach/team.

We are not in Nebraska to see everyday how Coach Pelini runs the program. It sounds to me like you are basing your opinion on two games. Just because we won does not give us Mizzou fans a license to start thinking we can assess a football program. Especially a program whose fans are some of the most knowledgable fans in the game. You have a point about rose colored glasses, but, I have those same glasses on about the MU program.

Just my two cents worth.

Ty

Never fear Nebraska fans...once Daniel finds himself digging Jesse Smith's forearm out of his teeth and Kurtis Taylors shoe out of his ass he will completely rethink his reassessment of the dirtiest team he has ever played against... <_<

One nice thing about shooting off your big mouth...it pretty much paints a target on your back for the rest of the year. Always someone out there who thinks "Huh? NEBRASKA is the dirtiest team ol Chubby has ever played? Why...we'll show HIM!"

Silly Missouri fans...wasn't it just last year you fellows were cheering for a guy who called himself "Pig"? Now THAT guy was possibly the cheap shot king of the league.

The only way to get back the respect that some talking heads, seem to think we have lost, is to start winning again. This same group of players is all ready showing some thing that was missing the last four years. Playing hard right up to the end. That is one of the things Bo has instilled in this team already. If you think getting in a players face doesn't help that player remember his mistakes or makes him a better player your wrong. Bo's track record of great defenses, speaks for it self. His approach on the side lines is mild, compared to a Bob Devaney, Frank Kush or Bear Bryant and they seemed to get the best out of their players and have successful carriers.

Let Bo be Bo and get off his back. He has the fire to bring this program back to where we want it. Tough, clean, hard nose football.

GBR!!!

Sounds like sour grapes to me. At what point is Chase not a man? I disagree 100% with you. A player from an opposing team should not confront the coach of the opposing team.

There's a difference between sour grapes, and being a man.

Well, then he doesn't need to cry in front of everyone. Being a man is taking care of something, without having to whine and moan to the whole world about something that we're not even sure happened.

He could have handled it much better than he did. I'm pretty disappointed, as well should be his team mates. He is the face of Tiger football. He just made it ok for the rest of his team to be whiney little girls.

I am still angry that this was made out to be a matter of "blatant disrespect".

Those are serious allegations to just throw at somebody. For a 20-something year old QB to come out accusing grown men of disrespecting him, I can only marvel at both Chase Daniel's arrogance and astonishing lack of critical thinking skills.

I'm angry because it makes no sense. Be smarter than this, people.

Captain.. I couldn't disagree with you more. Daniel, obviously upset by the spitting incident, took it public. Pellini needs to address this, Daniel would have no reason to make this up, you don't want these type of athletes representing your program. It may be that Pellini uses this to clean up some renegades still left over from Callahan..

Daniel is a great competitor and a great leader, he has never made any accusations of any other team in his three years as a starter.. maybe NU needs to clean up.. just my thoughts.

Dare I say, I disagree. In the NC run, look at all the thugs we had playing for us. From my seat, it appears as though we need some of these renegades playing for us. I believe it was in the 95' NC game we had like 7 players that either had or was going through some sort of indictments. Look at some of the thugs OU had playing for them years and years ago. Miami had some during their reign as well. If we can't get the best players out of high school, then we need to get back to old school and get the best out of prison. :sarcasm

you don't have to like him, hell you don't even have to respect him.

teams try to kick daniel's ass in every game he plays. they haven't had a lot of luck.

Wasn't Mizzou 12-1 last season?

will he play in the NFL?? Who knows? I don't even care.

sure, he's a whiner and a booger eater, but he's a cool customer when the ball snaps and one helluva college QB.

That's for sure.

BEAT TT!