give it time

:yeah

ISU fing sucks

:bs: You get flagged for unnecessary BS...that comment was totally uncool.

Really... there should be no reason to dis ISU, that is kind of a :nutz

Yea that because isu totally disses itself, im sorry i had to. But yea dont like ISU but show some class. Believe it or not i think there going to be one of our better games this year. And winning in ames hasnt been easy these past few times.

Alright, who gave chase daniel a username and password :rollin

That's blatant disrespect right there.

I invite Chase Daniel to join this board, maybe then he would learn how to show some self-respect for himself and how to act when you do win. I would protect his right to free speech just as I would anyone else's, but I would also expect to have some explanation when your going to flame some one or another team. Nothing I hate worse than "drive by flamings".

F off to all of you :sarcasm

The big thing that is probably frustrating people is that OU was able to fix it in two years, USC came on pretty quickly, Illinois did/has done some good things in a short time, and Florida made progress quickly with the offense. We all thought once BC got "his" players in here that NU would be lighting up the scoreboard again, but as we all know, that never happened....well the scoreboard was being lit up, but by the wrong teams. With time, I believe that Bo will bring NU back. It might take a year or two longer than any of us expected...the damage was huge and it runs deep. I just hope the staff can continue to recruit the athletes they need even with the outcome of last week or other games coming up.

Dude...that was rude, especially considering we cleaned out half the Big 12 North cellar for you last year just so you'd be comfortable even though we were used to having it all to ourselves... <_<

:rollin:cheers

Anybody who's been to an ISU game knows them folks are good people. They certainly don't need to be berated.

The big thing that is probably frustrating people is that OU was able to fix it in two years, USC came on pretty quickly, Illinois did/has done some good things in a short time, and Florida made progress quickly with the offense. We all thought once BC got "his" players in here that NU would be lighting up the scoreboard again, but as we all know, that never happened....well the scoreboard was being lit up, but by the wrong teams. With time, I believe that Bo will bring NU back. It might take a year or two longer than any of us expected...the damage was huge and it runs deep. I just hope the staff can continue to recruit the athletes they need even with the outcome of last week or other games coming up.

That is the frustrating part of this...it is like we took 4 years off, didn't even play football, now we all want the program back to what it was. It may very well take 3 or 4 years to get everything in place to have a good team again. At least we know what it is to have a good team, and know kind of how to get there. There are a lot of schools still trying to figure that one out. I hope we never have another AD that has the same pie in the sky dreams that Ped had, to completely change the face of the program by bringing in a completely foreign system, thinking that he can take the tools that are there and make them work and do something that the current system just is not geared for.

We will be back... :restore

If you look at Oklahoma in the 1990,s, they were down for a few years. After Bob Stoops was hired, they went 7-5 his first year. Then the next year, Oklahoma wins the national title. many great teams have their down time and it takes time to get back where they belong. I was not expecting much this first year from the huskers. History shows that many times when teams are down it takes one spark to start a fire. i would not be surprised to see our huskers in a BCS bowl game next year. We have a very good quarter back coming to Lincoln and a runnig back from texas who reminds me a lot of Dan Alexander.

When Oklahoma was beating us with the wish bone, Tom Osborne ran the I. maybe we need to adjust to the new spread. i say we try to get Chip Kelly from Oregon as a new OC.

I am with you 100%

[ At least we know what it is to have a good team, and know kind of how to get there. There are a lot of schools still trying to figure that one out.

... <_<

Hey Cy, have heart man, ISU is coming around, slowly. Even if they never make it to the top, fans like you will be rewarded in football heaven. You can ride with us any time you like. :)

[ At least we know what it is to have a good team, and know kind of how to get there. There are a lot of schools still trying to figure that one out.

... <_<

Hey Cy, have heart man, ISU is coming around, slowly. Even if they never make it to the top, fans like you will be rewarded in football heaven. You can ride with us any time you like. :)

:angry: You just wait. I'll have you know that I overheard Chizek telling a reporter that ISU was doing excellent in all areas....

... <_<

:angry: You just wait. I'll have you know that I overheard Chizek telling a reporter that ISU was doing excellent in all areas....

:sarcasm Then you should have picked ISU over Baylor this weekend??? Hmmm? Just think...ISU tied with Nebraska...there is a thought!!

... <_<

Where have i heard that before hmm.... <_<

If you look at Oklahoma in the 1990,s, they were down for a few years. After Bob Stoops was hired, they went 7-5 his first year. Then the next year, Oklahoma wins the national title. many great teams have their down time and it takes time to get back where they belong. I was not expecting much this first year from the huskers. History shows that many times when teams are down it takes one spark to start a fire. i would not be surprised to see our huskers in a BCS bowl game next year. We have a very good quarter back coming to Lincoln and a runnig back from texas who reminds me a lot of Dan Alexander.

When Oklahoma was beating us with the wish bone, Tom Osborne ran the I. maybe we need to adjust to the new spread. i say we try to get Chip Kelly from Oregon as a new OC.

Why was Oklahoma down in the 90's? It was because Switzer nearly landed the program on sudden death with NCAA probation and sanctions. I hate it when people start comparing us to OU because the situations aren't even close. Now if you want to compare OU to Alabama, then I'm all for it. However, a comparison of OU to NU is like apples and oranges.

Maybe it's just me, but I never thought Dan Alexander was very good. Isn't he one of the RB's Solich takes a lot of crap for because he quite simply wasn't up to par with RB's that we normally had?

Unless this QB you speak of is in the same league as Frazier who lost to lowly ISU his freshman year btw, we're not going to be led to a BCS bowl with a true freshman QB.

If you truelly have to compare us to OU, then we're one coach away from the promise land. OU after Switzer had Gibbs, Schnellenburger, Blake, then Stoops. We've had Solich, Clownahan, and Pelini. Who's the 4th coach to come in and put us back into the BCS picture?