Cy Picks The Winners...Again!

Lots of “Make or Break” games this week as the heavyweights of the conference pound on each other in order to put some other weak, pathetic loser of a Big 10 team back into the BCS Championship game because they play nobody while the best of the Big 12 pummel each other throughout the season… Cy, with his unbelievably accurate football prediction record of 25-7 thus far has the rundown:

Texas (5-0) at Oklahoma (5-0) - Unfortunately this game is one that will knock a potential BCS champion out of the championship game and hand it over to some unworthy like Penn State. Both teams have spent most of the season pounding toddlers but Oklahoma has done it in a variety of ways while Texas has relied mainly on Colt McCoy to do all the work. Oklahoma stops McCoy…Oklahoma stops Texas

Oklahoma (6-0) over Texas (5-1)

Colorado (3-2) at Kansas (4-1) - Hawkins just got a contract extension so he has no pressure on him to do anything spectacular this season…which is a good thing since his team has underachieved all year thus far. A lot of people are trying to throw Kansas under the bus this year but I think Colorado will find out Mangino makes a hell of a big speed bump.

Kansas (5-1) over Colorado (3-3)

Kansas State (3-2) at Texas A&M (2-3) – Lets see…KSU scores a lot but their defense sucks. Texas A&M barely scores at all…and their defense sucks. You would think the advantage would go to KSU but the fact is, both teams are really horrible. Texas A&M is less horrible at home than Kansas State is on the road. Home field advantage wins this one if nothing else

Texas A&M (3-3) over Kansas State (3-3)

Nebraska (3-2) at Texas Tech (5-0) – Never fear, Husker fans! ISU comes up after this game so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend though…TT will cut through the secondary like butter. Hopefully Ganz can get something rolling and keep this track meet close but, if not, it’ll look like Usan Bolt competing at the Special Olympics…

Texas Tech (6-0) over Nebraska (3-3)

Iowa State (2-3) at Baylor (2-3) – Ah, the good old days when playing Baylor was like finding a rest area when you really had to go. If ISU can beat Baylor on the road, they face what could be an easy three-victory stretch and possible respectability. Baylor has possibly improved…or possibly not. However…Chizek’s record on the road is 0 and all of them. At least neither team will be looking ahead to their next opponent…

Baylor (3-3) over Iowa State (2-4)

Oklahoma State (5-0) at Missouri (5-0) – Yet another game that will knock a potential champion out of the BCS hunt. I am still not impressed with the Missouri defense but I am impressed with the OK State running game. The “other” team in Oklahoma is flying under the radar right now but if take out the Tigers this weekend, the rest of the schedule makes them a major bowl contender.

Oklahoma State (6-0) over Missouri (5-1)

Standings After Week 7

North

Kansas: 5-1

Missouri: 5-1

Colorado: 3-3

Nebraska: 3-3

Kansas State: 3-3

Iowa State: 2-4

South

Oklahoma: 6-0

Texas Tech: 6-0

OK State: 6-0

Texas: 5-1

Baylor: 3-3

Texas A&M: 3-3

Feel free to make yourself appear as foolish as you wish by attempting to use your feeble football logic to disagree with any or my predictions….

Nebraska (3-2) at Texas Tech (5-0) – Never fear, Husker fans! ISU comes up after this game so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend though…TT will cut through the secondary like butter. Hopefully Ganz can get something rolling and keep this track meet close but, if not, it’ll look like Usan Bolt competing at the Special Olympics…Texas Tech (6-0) over Nebraska (3-3)

Cy You kill me Man. Only you can make a monumental loss funny.

disagree on this one this week...

Oklahoma State (5-0) at Missouri (5-0) – Yet another game that will knock a potential champion out of the BCS hunt. I am still not impressed with the Missouri defense but I am impressed with the OK State running game. The “other” team in Oklahoma is flying under the radar right now but if take out the Tigers this weekend, the rest of the schedule makes them a major bowl contender.

Missou wins at home.

BEAT TT!!

Missou wins at home.

BEAT TT!!

That's the difference between me and you

Cy - WEEK 7 Predictions

Clone - WEAK 7 Predictions

Bwhahahahah....I slay myself :clap

Missou wins at home.

Cy,

I dont know if MU wins this one or not. I think they will. The only thing I dont really agree with is the OK St running game. OK state has played some of the worst running D teams in College football and were actually held below that teams avg. (Ok St held 10 yrds below ATM avg allowed, 66 yrds below Wash St. allowed avg) Mu on the other hand is the #15 rushing D in the country and that includes games against Ill and Nevada who rank #18 and #4 in the country in rushing O. I think if Ok St gets MU this week it has to be through the air.

Missou wins at home.

BEAT TT!!

That's the difference between me and you

Cy - WEEK 7 Predictions

Clone - WEAK 7 Predictions

Bwhahahahah....I slay myself :clap

there are a couple of differences between us.....

#1. While I agreed on the rest of your picks, I was right and you were wrong on these four....

week 5

A few differences--

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) – No upset-- OU wins this one.

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) – KSU wins this one at home.

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) – This is my upset game of the week. Trap game, NU will be looking ahead to Mizzou. Road veterans, the touchdown underdog VATECH squeeeeeks by the untested huskers in LINCOLN by the smallest of margins.

week 6

I'll disagree with this one...

Texas (4-0) at Colorado (3-1) – Frankly, because of the intangibles, I’m going to give this one to Colorado in an upset. Yeah…I hate Colorado with a passion but still…Texas will be sucking wind at that altitude and Colorado always plays well at home. If the Buffs can ride out the first quarter without getting lit up, they will take the Longhorns down…if only to totally ball up the Big 12 North standings

Colorado (4-1) over Texas (4-1)

BTW-- Speaking of ignorance.... I was right on all three of my disagreements last week.

It will be five after this week and Mizzou wins at home.

#2. I wash my hands after using the bathroom. :horns2

BEAT TT!!

Missouri wins a close one at home...and Cy, I am ashamed of you...I have to take Iowa State over Baylor...Iowa State looked pretty good last week(actually I listened to the game on Sirius)...and besides, nobody should ever lose to Baylor. Never thought I would see it....ISU tied with Nebraska in the standings at week 7!!

Missouri wins a close one at home...and Cy, I am ashamed of you...I have to take Iowa State over Baylor...Iowa State looked pretty good last week(actually I listened to the game on Sirius)...and besides, nobody should ever lose to Baylor. Never thought I would see it....ISU tied with Nebraska in the standings at week 7!!

Iowa State hasn't won a game on the road since...hell...since before the invention of the road! It's been so long since they last won that they didn't even call it a road game...they called it an Oregon Trail game. Last time my Cyclone football team won an away game it was against the Donner Party...

Don't ask what they ate for the post-game meal... <_<

Not to mention that if you told half the players here they are playing Baylor on Saturday they would show up at the local farm implement dealer if left to their own devices...

Iowa State hasn't won a game on the road since...hell...since before the invention of the road! It's been so long since they last won that they didn't even call it a road game...they called it an Oregon Trail game. Last time my Cyclone football team won an away game it was against the Donner Party...

Don't ask what they ate for the post-game meal... <_<

Not to mention that if you told half the players here they are playing Baylor on Saturday they would show up at the local farm implement dealer if left to their own devices...

:nutz always got to keep us Iowa boys down :rollin

I think the mildcats win a squeaker in College Station and Mizzou beats Okie State, especially in the Hillbilly Mecca of Central Missouri (I am not calling all MU fans Hillbillies, but there are strong Hillbilly representation in that part of the world). Otherwise, I concur.