25 Most Disappointing College Football Coaching Eras

Would Pinkel make this list if they don't win a Big 12 title, or NC then start a decline. I remember people calling for his head a couple years ago. Talk about going from 0 to hero. Things are starting to look grim for Ferentz also.

I was watching the game last night between Troy and Florida Atlantic. They have this interactive thing where people text message in. Some clown texted in that Pat Hill at Fresno State needs to be fired because they lost to Hawaii. Next thing we know, they'll be calling for the head of South Florida's coach if he loses again this year. They think we NU fans are tough, wow.

Would Pinkel make this list if they don't win a Big 12 title, or NC then start a decline. I remember people calling for his head a couple years ago. Talk about going from 0 to hero. Things are starting to look grim for Ferentz also.

If they put him on the list that would be stupid. Althought is see where your coming from on the disappointment angle, there is just no way. As I pointed out to another on this board. Before Pinkel, Mu had 2 winning seasons since 1983 (97' 7-5 & 98' 8-4) and adveraged a little over 3 wins a year. Pinkel with this year will have 5 winning teams in 8 seasons with an avg of 7 wins.

If they put him on the list that would be stupid. Althought is see where your coming from on the disappointment angle, there is just no way. As I pointed out to another on this board. Before Pinkel, Mu had 2 winning seasons since 1983 (97' 7-5 & 98' 8-4) and adveraged a little over 3 wins a year. Pinkel with this year will have 5 winning teams in 8 seasons with an avg of 7 wins.

no doubt.. just looking ahead, if Mizzou does begin to slide, is he back to goat? I don't know that he is at the "elite" status of coaches yet. just my opinion, not throwin punches :box

no doubt.. just looking ahead, if Mizzou does begin to slide, is he back to goat? I don't know that he is at the "elite" status of coaches yet. just my opinion, not throwin punches :box

No I see where you are coming from. Diff. not elite yet. But he has a chance to really cement himself in MU history. I know people will be dissapointed if there is a slide, but if he is still winning games I think he will be alright.

It will be pretty hard for him to be a goat, but that would also depend on how hard the fall is

[/quo

No I see where you are coming from. Diff. not elite yet. But he has a chance to really cement himself in MU history. I know people will be dissapointed if there is a slide, but if he is still winning games I think he will be alright.

It will be pretty hard for him to be a goat, but that would also depend on how hard the fall is

True, True, just hoping this won't be a Pelini discussion in a couple years. We need to give the man a break.

True, True, just hoping this won't be a Pelini discussion in a couple years. We need to give the man a break.

I think alot of people have forgotten he is still a first year head coach. Like you said, give him a break. The only question I have is if it will take 4-5 years, will he get it?? I would hope so after BC got the time he did.

[/quo

I think alot of people have forgotten he is still a first year head coach. Like you said, give him a break. The only question I have is if it will take 4-5 years, will he get it?? I would hope so after BC got the time he did.

I think so, he brings a lot of energy and enthusiam with him, eventually players will get on board. I will say Pinkel has wised up the last couple of years and Mizzou has not been Pinkl'd as often...that did not help. :lol:

Meh. Billy C was bad, but I don't think he's the worst. Several coaches did much worse with much more... if Callahan had followed TO and not FS than yeah he'd be the worst, but the program was already headed down when he got here.

Plus these are the same idiots that say 2001 Miami was a better team than 1995 Nebraska, so therefore nothing they say has any cred IMO.