What do we do different?

What changes do you guys see us making this week from last. Also, what are the differences between TTech and MU. IMHO, I think TTech has less explosive offense than Missouri and is a little weaker against the run.

The only real changes I see are on defense where I think Bo will go back to our base Nickel/Dime package most of the time (of course I still expect to see him blitz regularly).

I'd like to see us change our running game. I'd like to see some "quick hitters" from the full back. I'd definitely like us to run out of the shot gun a lot more than we did against MU, more zone read and more option. But I'm not sure we will see that. Well, if we ever see the FB/HB run the ball again I'll be very suprised.

I say, lets be in "attack mode" for the first 3 series and put some points on the board. Last week our first drive we took it to them and scored, then settled into our "game plan" and got pounded. We have nothing to lose, take it to them and make them remember that this is NEBRASKA. :thumbs

oh, and i couple shots of this :koolaid2:

I'd like to see us change our running game. I'd like to see some "quick hitters" from the full back. I'd definitely like us to run out of the shot gun a lot more than we did against MU, more zone read and more option. But I'm not sure we will see that. Well, if we ever see the FB/HB run the ball again I'll be very suprised.

Might be hard to do considering the starting spot may go to a TE.

Might be hard to do considering the starting spot may go to a TE.

That is why I doubt we will see them, and I doubt we will see them any time in the near future. Also, to clarify, I do think that TTech is a GREAT offensive team. I think just a little less explosive than MU. And, just about anyone can stop our running game at this point, so being a little weaker against the run doesn't help us much.

Texas Tech throws way more than Mizzou. They dont have the running attack that Mizzou and Harrell isnt as dangerous as Daniel out of the pocket (even though I dont remember Daniel taking off ever) I think their defense isnt as solid as Mizzou (neither are good). If we dont rush for atleast 150 yards I think we will be in trouble. I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but our secondary just gets picked a part when we sit in zone. We would stop Mizzou for the first two downs and then sit in zone and let Daniel find the receiver that found a hole in the defense. I would much rather see us play aggressive man defense instead of getting picked apart play after play. WE NEED TO RUN THE BALL!!!

My prediction TECH 42- Nebraska 34.. Hope I am wrong...

What changes do you guys see us making this week from last. Also, what are the differences between TTech and MU. IMHO, I think TTech has less explosive offense than Missouri and is a little weaker against the run.

The only real changes I see are on defense where I think Bo will go back to our base Nickel/Dime package most of the time (of course I still expect to see him blitz regularly).

Those only work for OPTION teams, or teams that have I-backs that are killing folks on the pitches.

I agree totally.. Nebraska needs to be aggressive on both offense and defense. Knock the QB on is back and get some pancakes. It's time to get payback from 2004. The players who were freshmen for that game are seniors. Nebraska hopefully had a weeks worth of motivation too. They need to be able to look in the eye of a fellow player and not just see a guy who'd lay down and die for them, but one that would stand shoulder to shoulder and make the very hounds of hell run away in retreat. The attitude needs to be one that says "WE'RE STILL NEBRASKA!!" No retreat and No surrender!

I'll make this simple:

Execute.

Amen!!

Inded.

But also, NU should try not to snap the ball until there are 3 second left or less --- that is kill the clock in every way conceivable. Also, and I hate to say this, but we need to get first downs running the ball. We have to eat the clock. I would also instruct Ganz to take off running unless the receiver is wide open. Also, Ganz needs to not take the sack --- move out of the pocket so that if the rush is on you tuck it and run or, if that is not possible and a sack is immanent --- heave it into the stands.

They need to play time management so as not to allow TTech too many possessions.

And.... punting must improve. Field position is important.

Lets try not moving until the ball is snapped, not taking 2 seconds more than the play clock to run a play, not tackling a receiver until he touches the ball . . . .

:yeah

Shedding penalties isn't just something we need to get rid of for TT, but for the rest of the year. They're killing us.

Texas Tech throws way more than Mizzou. They dont have the running attack that Mizzou and Harrell isnt as dangerous as Daniel out of the pocket (even though I dont remember Daniel taking off ever) I think their defense isnt as solid as Mizzou (neither are good). If we dont rush for atleast 150 yards I think we will be in trouble. I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but our secondary just gets picked a part when we sit in zone. We would stop Mizzou for the first two downs and then sit in zone and let Daniel find the receiver that found a hole in the defense. I would much rather see us play aggressive man defense instead of getting picked apart play after play. WE NEED TO RUN THE BALL!!!

My prediction TECH 42- Nebraska 34.. Hope I am wrong...

IMHO man to man would be a disaster.......we couldn't begin to match up to their receivers.