We got what we asked for.

strigori

About this time last year, and after the season when Callahan was fired, all we were asking for was to play to the wire and not give up. The Huskers have given us that so far this year. OT vs #7 on the road is tough.

Now while the MU game got ugly, people were forecasting the TT game to be a repeat of 70-10.

Pelini has a lot of work to do yet to get us back on top, but I feel we are clearly moving in the eight direction.

As a parting thought, Stoops and Carrol only won 7 games their first seasons, and really most coaches seem to only do slightly better than .500 year one. And often the ones who do extremely well year one flare out(see Coker or Weis). Its hard to have patience, but with as far as we have fallen, it will take time and work to claw back up.

I agree. the last two games brought back many demons from the past. Even though those boys were out there giving there all it still seemed like 2007. Tonight finally gave us some hope IMO, we took the #7 team in the nation to the razors edge, granted a win would of been HUGE, but this has shown us, the coaches, and most important the team, that they can play in the Big 12. I seriously doubt anyone will be aligning us with Baylor any time soon....

My most sincere apologies to Mr. Bo Pelini and the rest of the staff. When they did the pre-game interview and Bo gave the "We're ready to play" line, the only thing I could think of was how Clownahan would say something similar last year before another behind the wood shed thrashing. I really thought that we would be ready to play "in so far as trying to keep the score somewhat respectable" just like Clownahan did against USC a couple years ago. I saw TT's first TD and I though "here we go" but I kept watching because that what Husker fans do, for better for worse.

I kept waiting for TT to pull away, and they didn't, because they couldn't. Our boys were ready not only to play, but to win. The game plan was superb. The coaching was superb. The penalties obviously hurt us at times and need to be improved upon, but that didn't lose the game. The defense still needs to not give up the big gainers, but that ultimately did not lose the game either. I have no problem with the overtime play calls. The first play was just a bit overthrown, and the second play you could argue was a poor decision on Ganz (but I'm not going that direction) but rather a ball that was thrown to nowhere which just happened to get picked. It sucked royally, but I've never felt so good about a loss as crazy as that sounds. That's how the game goes at times and the ball literally bounced TT's way today.

So, Mr. Pelini, you apologized for last week and I forgive you. I hope you will forgive me for this week because I wasn't "ready" the way your team was. If we continue to play like this, only good things can happen and I would like to think this game may have greatly helped as we are turning the corner. Go Big Red.

Yes, its the right direction. But just remember we have a long way to go. I'm gonna say some "hurtful" words and just say that it still is possible for them to loose to a baylor or ISU. Kansas got close to loosing to ISU. I don't think it will happen, but IF it does, don't turn on this team everyone. DONT turn on the team.

So after today, here's how I look at the rest of the year:

-@ ISU W (4-3, 1-2 Big 12)

-BU W (5-3, 2-2 Big 12)-though griffin may hang 400+ yards on us

-@ OU L (5-4, 2-3 Big 12)

-KU W (6-4, 3-3 Big 12)

-@ KSU W (7-4, 4-3 Big 12)

-CU W (8-4, 5-3 Big 12)

Id agree. If we play like we did today, We will win out to everyone but OU.

I think that this football team is heading in the right direction but we got to control our freakin penalties. If we play the rest of the season the same way we played against TT, I think that we could possibly go 8-4 7-5 in the worst case.

Come next year, I believe that Bo and his troops will have everything going their way.