Dillard?

Wow, I didn't know Dillard was hurt, too. That really makes me stop and do a double take for this game, because, all told, Pelini is operating with a bare cupboard - Dixon kicked off team(pretty good on the interior line), Turner out for the year (maybe our best DL), Glenn out, and now Dillard out?

If Dillard and Glenn can heal quickly, I like our chances vs. ISU and getting to a bowl.

p.s. this was by far Asante's best game as a husker.

Completely agree here. Now if Mirillo can learn how to play we have a chance. That kid looked like a turd in a punch bowl. Completely out of place and makes you wonder WTH.

agreed..why the hell was he looking at the qb on that long pass play to michael crabtree?..no wonder he got burned

Completely agree here. Now if Mirillo can learn how to play we have a chance. That kid looked like a turd in a punch bowl. Completely out of place and makes you wonder WTH.

agreed..why the hell was he looking at the qb on that long pass play to michael crabtree?..no wonder he got burned

where was the safety?

where was the safety?

Asante tried to jump the underneath route...Murillo had underneath Crabtree but still should have been on him like stink on....

Take away the long TD on 3rd down in the 1st and we did a great job shutting him down

where was the safety?

Asante tried to jump the underneath route...Murillo had underneath Crabtree but still should have been on him like stink on....

Take away the long TD on 3rd down in the 1st and we did a great job shutting him down

Asante was supposed to be over the top on Crabtree, that was not Armando's fault.

Yeah - amazing, considering we played this game without our top 2 LBs...one of them being replaced by a true freshman walk-on.

Matt Holt started in place of Glenn, in the dime package. He is a preferred walk on. Matt's a friend of mine, and from what I could tell he never had a ball thrown his way because of tight coverage. Lawrence also saw some time.

The amazing thing about Holt, and some here may disagree, I don't think NU missed Dillard or Glenn all that much in this game. :o And you're correct, they never did throw his way because of his tight coverage. P. Dillard for all intensive purposes is a liability against spread teams like TT and Mizzou. I actually would've love to see this defensive game plan vs. Mizzou.

Holt looks good, hopefully he can gain weight/increase his speed in the next few years and develop.

Yeah - amazing, considering we played this game without our top 2 LBs...one of them being replaced by a true freshman walk-on.

Matt Holt started in place of Glenn, in the dime package. He is a preferred walk on. Matt's a friend of mine, and from what I could tell he never had a ball thrown his way because of tight coverage. Lawrence also saw some time.

The amazing thing about Holt, and some here may disagree, I don't think NU missed Dillard or Glenn all that much in this game. :o And you're correct, they never did throw his way because of his tight coverage. P. Dillard for all intensive purposes is a liability against spread teams like TT and Mizzou. I actually would've love to see this defensive game plan vs. Mizzou.

Holt looks good, hopefully he can gain weight/increase his speed in the next few years and develop.

I agree, though it sounds bad, we didn't look like we necessarily missed our 2 starting linebackers tooo much. Granted, Holt is not the run stuffer that Glenn or Dillard might be, but he reads the o line well and gets to the right spot. And he will get bigger i'm sure, but he's fast enough as it is which is why hes playing, and why he can cover well. He ran down #17 of tech on a potential TD saving tackle. He runs a legit 4.5. The trick will be to keep that speed as he gains weight.