So now we ask ourselves...

I am I

We played hard, we played to the finish, we fought back, we got tough on offense and defense...There was much infighting in HuskerNation last year because some of us said, "If we were playing hard, the Nebraska Way, etc...we can deal with the loses and give the staff time, etc..." And others said, "Bullcrap, everyone would be calling for heads no matter how the team fights, if we're losing...Don't give me this mythical "Nebraska Way"...

So here's the question: Are we true to our word? This team is obviously starting to have an attitude shift more towards the Nebraska Way of fighting and such.

I for one hated losing yesterday, but actually held my head high cuz we fought hard the whole game and showed some friggin life out there. With the last staff, in my own mind, they were on a very short leash cuz the players they were coaching straight up quit during games. But with Pelini, I truly am willing to give him time cuz his players fight hard.

your thoughts?

I think what we're in right now is the raw pit of reality. I think a lot of people had the sense––even I had it––that Bo's mere presence was going to win ball games. Well, that's just not the case. Defense wins ball games, and Bo doesn't have the players he needs to run his defense.

But I remember at the beginning of the season I promised that I would be satisfied as long as we were competitive in most of our matchups. So far there's only been one game we haven't been competitive in, but they also happen to be one of the better teams in the nation and the finest team in Missouri's history. There's only so much you can do. The fact that we played Tech to the wire, really had the game won, and then lost only because our QB was desperate to make a play, that's actually positive.

See, we have to remember where we're coming from. This was a 5-7 unit from last season that lost most of their games in staggering blowouts. The fact that we have the ability to compete with Texas Tech and Virginia Tech is a sure sign of slow but steady progress. A year or two from now, with a defense that can actually secure a turnover now and again, we'll be dishing out punishment to our opponents. The key for now is a bowl game. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Insight.com or something. Play the Hawkeyes. We need the bowl practices for the youth on the team.

I think the team really showed their metal out there and grew up alot this past week. Now if they come out and play weak against ISU I will be really disappointed. The offensive play calling was much better and geared to what our guys are capable of and not geared towards some fantasy offense. The defense began to play much better and the team never quit. I agree there are no moral victories, but they played with passion and that was friggin awesome to see!

This isnt a kool aid thread. Im not saying that we are going to beat world. That being said...

I am extremely happy with the gameplan yesterday. The team seems to be finding a chemistry and starting to bye into Pelini . No we didnt win. Yes that f'ing sucks. Think of it this way though. We still have many very good games left this season that should be highly competitive.

Last week I really couldnt say that I felt like we were starting to (Get it).

Now I have a feeling that tells me we are on that track and there might be some bumps in the road but overall we will see a product that we can be proud of as a fan base.

I for one will be pissed if they cant play very good against isu. Keep punchin up the field like that. Dont go all out, keep it simple against isu and it will work. What game plan they had worked, and i think it would work with just about anyone. Its gonna be a long week in iowa with the iowa state fans and there New Big Red shirts.

I for one will be pissed if they cant play very good against isu. Keep punchin up the field like that. Dont go all out, keep it simple against isu and it will work. What game plan they had worked, and i think it would work with just about anyone. Its gonna be a long week in iowa with the iowa state fans and there New Big Red shirts.

Every year that goes by makes me hate ISU fans even more. No offense to you Cy, but they are always like, "New Big Red" and blah blah blah. It's annoying..................................

Every year that goes by makes me hate ISU fans even more. No offense to you Cy, but they are always like, "New Big Red" and blah blah blah. It's annoying..................................

Just reaffirms what we knew about Iowans, they sure aren't very intelligent. Cardinal is not RED

When you look at the next 6 games here is how they shake out to me:

ISU - they are very down right now and I think we will beat them in their house if we can play like this again.

BU - this game is going be closer than we all had hoped for, but I think we pull it out.

OU - again I think this game is closer than we think it will be, but still end up losing this one.

KU - I'm still not buying into KU this season and I think ISU showed that they are very vunerable.

KSU - Oh, I can't wait to stomp these bastards again. We win

CU - We know this game is always competitive, but with us at home we win this one IMO.

So that would make us 8-4, a HUGE improvement over 5-7 last season and we meet Iowa in the Alamo Bowl for a slug fest. :cheers

Just reaffirms what we knew about Iowans, they sure aren't very intelligent. Cardinal is not RED

Easy on the Iowa putdowns...............wanna compare IQ's. :box

I like your assessment BRI, I agree to an extent. I am interested to see how this team responds next week on the road against ISU. If they play like they did yesterday, they should win. If they stumble and lose, yesterday may end up looking like a fluke. I certainly hope not.

Easy on the Iowa putdowns...............wanna compare IQ's. :box

Sure mine is 5' 9", how bout yours??? :LOLtartar

When you look at the next 6 games here is how they shake out to me:

ISU - they are very down right now and I think we will beat them in their house if we can play like this again.

BU - this game is going be closer than we all had hoped for, but I think we pull it out if we can play like this again.

OU - again I think this game is closer than we think it will be if we can play like this again, but still end up losing this one.

KU - I'm still not buying into KU this season and I think ISU showed that they are very vunerable if we can play like this again.

KSU - Oh, I can't wait to stomp these bastards again. We win

CU - We know this game is always competitive, but with us at home we win this one IMO if we can play like this again.

So that would make us 8-4, a HUGE improvement over 5-7 last season and we meet Iowa in the Alamo Bowl for a slug fes if we can play like this againt. :cheers

The motto for the rest of the year is if we can play like this again I hope like hell they will. But there will be ups and downs for the team. Still need to improve on the mental errors.

I need to calm down, take a deep breathe and take a step back. After the first three games the expectations were guarded optimism. After VTech, concern. After MU, we the fans "knew" we were in for a losing season, the players can't play coaches can't coach. Now, we are destined for #2 in the B12 North. Don't get me wrong, I think it might be possible. For the rest of the season I swear to celebrate any wins and not slit my wrists after any loss.

I'm glad they are playing with heart but that has to get us a big win sometime and so far it hasn't. There was improvement from last week which is a good thing. This is by far the best game we have played this year. If we would have played like this against Va Tech we would have won that game.

I still don't like the "as long as we played hard" and being ok with a loss thing, but I never will.

After last year, yea I am just happy this team hasn't quit in the midst of a three game loosing streak. They fought hard yesterday which is a direct refelction of the coaching staff. If we can continue to improve on the previous game all the pieces will start coming together.

This team has a four year hangover, them learning how to fight hard and finish games isn't going to be fixed over night.