Kody Spano & Spread offense?

rkhufu7

NU spread can be like OSU's, with some option from the I-formation mixed in. This way you get the best of both worlds, but you need to recruit the dual threat QBs like Spano and Robinson at Okie State. Zone read, passes of the read action on boots and drops to Paul, Holt and Gilleyen. Could be Danerous! Spano ran no huddle offense in high school at S-ville, his HC coaches Garrett Gilbert, #2 Drpback QB in nation an UT commit.

NU spread can be like OSU's, with some option from the I-formation mixed in. This way you get the best of both worlds, but you need to recruit the dual threat QBs like Spano and Robinson at Okie State. Zone read, passes of the read action on boots and drops to Paul, Holt and Gilleyen. Could be Danerous! Spano ran no huddle offense in high school at S-ville, his HC coaches Garrett Gilbert, #2 Drpback QB in nation an UT commit.

Well we signed and redshirted Spano, and have a commit from Cody Green so I would guess we will probably be moving away from the WCO to the spread, or Watson just wants a dual threat QB to run his WCO, but I doubt that is going to happen.

I think it is obvious we are headed for a psuedo spread. Maybe not everyone down sitting in the shotgun type of spread, but definately the ability to that plus run the ball effectively with some option ability as well. We definately have started to accumulate that backfield for it. QB's who can run and throw, along with RB's that can catch and run between the tackles. I would almost bet the offense we are going to run in the near future will be something of a spectacle with no real name for it, since we are beginning to use everything.

I think it is obvious we are headed for a psuedo spread. Maybe not everyone down sitting in the shotgun type of spread, but definately the ability to that plus run the ball effectively with some option ability as well. We definately have started to accumulate that backfield for it. QB's who can run and throw, along with RB's that can catch and run between the tackles. I would almost bet the offense we are going to run in the near future will be something of a spectacle with no real name for it, since we are beginning to use everything.

:yeah I hear by declare it the SPREAD COAST offense!!! :yeah

:yeah I hear by declare it the SPREAD COAST offense!!! :yeah

hear by??

take the week off bo!!

After watching the OSU/Mizzou game I was thinking how it would be nice to have a QB that is mobile and can light it up through the air like Robinson. I wouldn't trade Ganz but however down the road it would be awesome to have a kid like Robinson. IMO How do you gameplan for that?

Well check out the latest video highlights of Cody Green and you'll see that we already have a QB like that lined up. Of course, recent memory would suggest that we should temper our excitement about highly-touted QBs who commit early to NU.