Sending a message

Culbert and Prince didn't play Saturday because they can't figure out the defense. Not because they were injured. Less experienced ppl are playing in front of them b/c they get it.

Smith and Huff didn't play in the second half because, well, they sucked it up on back to back holding calls (Smith was credited with both, but Barney said one was on Huff). Remember Bo barking at Barney? Well, he apparently listened. No more holding.

With these guys, you don't perform, you don't play. Unlike the last 4 years when players played b/c of how many stars they had coming out of HS, not b/c of how good they were.

Whether it be high school, college, or pro; ref's could call holding each and every play. If they were benched because they weren't getting the job done, that's one thing. If they were benched for getting 1 holding call a piece, well that' entirely another thing. Why does Suh seem to get a pass for each and every personal foul he commits?

Whether it be high school, college, or pro; ref's could call holding each and every play. If they were benched because they weren't getting the job done, that's one thing. If they were benched for getting 1 holding call a piece, well that' entirely another thing. Why does Suh seem to get a pass for each and every personal foul he commits?

it wasn't just holding calls. they were back to back inside the red zone, killing chances for points. that's what gets you in the dog house.

So, getting a holding call anytime you're not in the red zone is ok? I didn't think either or the holding calls were that bad, but they were called end of story. I don't think a holding call is worthy of benching unless the said player just isn't getting his job done. Suh wasn't pulled after hitting the QB late giving them 15 yards and a 1st down which VT consequently scored a TD and beat us by less than a TD. If you're going to bench players for penalties, at least make it consistent is all I'm saying.

Culbert and Prince didn't play Saturday because they can't figure out the defense. Not because they were injured. Less experienced ppl are playing in front of them b/c they get it.

Smith and Huff didn't play in the second half because, well, they sucked it up on back to back holding calls (Smith was credited with both, but Barney said one was on Huff). Remember Bo barking at Barney? Well, he apparently listened. No more holding.

With these guys, you don't perform, you don't play. Unlike the last 4 years when players played b/c of how many stars they had coming out of HS, not b/c of how good they were.

So, let me get this straight, regardless of talent, if you don't understand what the coaches are teaching you, you aren't going to play, despite the kid being a possible playmaker? Sounds a lot like the last guy that got ran out of town...

People have been calling for Culbert to be playing for 3 years, maybe he will never get it, no matter who the coach is.

no, you're saying that playing awful (which penalties will show) shouldn't make you lose your job. umm, i think it does.

Who is saying they were playing awful? One penalty a piece does not make a pattern. I didn't pay particular attention to either, so I don't know if they were playing awful or not. If they were playing awful, yeah bench them. However if this was the case, then don't come off saying they were benched because each received a holding penalty and this is punishment for getting one flippin penalty. I'll take a holding penalty by an OL anyday over a false start or illegal formation for not having enough bodies on the line of scrimmage. These are stupid penalties that are not acceptable.

Now if you wanna see a pattern, look no further than personal foul himself Suh. How many halves or quarters for that matter has he been benched? Dare I even bring up the spitting incident? The coaches can punish players for penalties how they see fit. I just want to see some kind of consistency when they do it.

Unlike the last 4 years when players played b/c of how many stars they had coming out of HS, not b/c of how good they were.

J. Bullocks, Seppo, Pilkington, Carriker, Fluellen, Herian, Mann, Todd, Shanle, Austin, Brothers, Byford, Dailey, DeLone, Green, McKeon, Patrick, Phillips, Brandenburgh, Christensen, Ganz, Huff, B. Jackson, Nunn, Panico, Sievers, Steinkuhler, Swift, C. Thomas, Congdon, Cryer, Glenn, Hickman, Z. Taylor, Tiedke, T. Peterson, Turner, Wilson, Slauson, Culburt, Holt, M. Smith, C. Young, Blue, Titchner, Henery, and Kunalic.

What do these guys have in common? They were all rated 3 Stars or less by Rivals and saw action under Billy C. and the boys.