Chances For a Big XII North title...

I think this year while the koolaid is flowin steady, alot of people are gettin riled up. Skersfan is just being realistic. Ive taken a new view on this season. Nothings a gimme, sure we have a chance of beating oklahoma but theres a chance ill get attacked buy a pack of rogue monkeys on the way to work. Or BRI and Drowning will get married (already Lovers). Its ok to be passionate about your team but understand that not everyone is going to be tapin in a koolaid IV. Noones a gimme. LJust buy watchin oklahoma you can see there really good. That alone would make the largest of husker fans nervous.

I can see skersfan's point of view and I understand why he feels that way. I know he would be happy as hell if we beat OU guys, he's just trying to be realistic. That's okay, as that is his opinion which he is entitled to as are all of the posters on the board. I am going to remain optimistic as that is how I am everyday throughout life and hope like hell that we win and think that we have a shot. Your kinda backing him in a corner...................... :dunno

I think he backed himself into a corner! His opinions are one thing, but wanting to bet against the Huskers is another. I think we all know the Huskers are down right now, but we don't need some A-hole (who calls himself a Husker fan) challenging us to a bet to prove it.

Quite frankly, I don't want to win the Big XII North. If we did we'd risk losing to Oklahoma or Texas or Oklahoma State, which I'd prefer to forego. I think we all know that we'll need a miracle to beat Oklahoma. I don't want to risk another loss. We have a decent team this year, not a great team. We simply cannot hang with Oklahoma and Texas on a weekly basis right now. The less we play them the better. I'd rather finish 10-3 than 10-4.

This scenario is so unlikely that it barely merits conversation though, so I'm not holding my breath either way. I just want NU to win as many games as possible this year and get a solid head of steam going into next year. I think Bo will have us going in the right direction and maybe NEXT year we could get the Big XII north title... with Cody Green at the helm? With Zac Lee at the helm? With Patrick Witt at the helm? That's going to be fun to see.

This is already a 3 loss season, but who knows what we could do next year. We're two plays away from being 6-1 right now. I also like a Big XII north title next year without Reesing or Daniel to foul things up.

I can see skersfan's point of view and I understand why he feels that way. I know he would be happy as hell if we beat OU guys, he's just trying to be realistic. That's okay, as that is his opinion which he is entitled to as are all of the posters on the board. I am going to remain optimistic as that is how I am everyday throughout life and hope like hell that we win and think that we have a shot. Your kinda backing him in a corner...................... :dunno

I think he backed himself into a corner! His opinions are one thing, but wanting to bet against the Huskers is another. I think we all know the Huskers are down right now, but we don't need some A-hole (who calls himself a Husker fan) challenging us to a bet to prove it.

Dude, that's probably going to get a response from someone. :dunno

Quite frankly, I don't want to win the Big XII North. If we did we'd risk losing to Oklahoma or Texas or Oklahoma State, which I'd prefer to forego. I think we all know that we'll need a miracle to beat Oklahoma. I don't want to risk another loss. We have a decent team this year, not a great team. We simply cannot hang with Oklahoma and Texas on a weekly basis right now. The less we play them the better. I'd rather finish 10-3 than 10-4.

This scenario is so unlikely that it barely merits conversation though, so I'm not holding my breath either way. I just want NU to win as many games as possible this year and get a solid head of steam going into next year. I think Bo will have us going in the right direction and maybe NEXT year we could get the Big XII north title... with Cody Green at the helm? With Zac Lee at the helm? With Patrick Witt at the helm? That's going to be fun to see.

This is already a 3 loss season, but who knows what we could do next year. We're two plays away from being 6-1 right now. I also like a Big XII north title next year without Reesing or Daniel to foul things up.

You think he's going pro or something?

"I agree we have a chance, slim or what makes no difference. Anytime you play the game you have a chance, and I will cheering for them win or lose, just like I have for the last 50 some years.. But if we lose, I will understand why and hope our team and a coaching staff learned something from it. That is the way I look at it. Do the best you can every game, and let the chips fall where they may".

Thats all I ever wanted to hear you say.. Now your being a little more positive, I like that even though you again are changing your tune once again, so now we have gone from having no chance to having a slim chance.. Making progress maybe by game time we you will be saying we are going to win!!!

Your warning level has been increased for violating the Board's rules on personal attacks against members.

A second offense will result in a temporary ban. A third offense will result in a permanent ban.

AR I noticed that everytime you type this its the same thing. Do you do a cut and paste thing or do you just unconsiously type the same thing.

Just wondering.

Neither. I consiously type the same thing.

During particularly bad times, we get a lot of folks who can't seem to comply. After you type it a few hundred times, it becomes routine.

Ah, if only folks would remember the wonders of the Ignore function...

AR I noticed that everytime you type this its the same thing. Do you do a cut and paste thing or do you just unconsiously type the same thing.

Just wondering.

Neither. I consiously type the same thing.

During particularly bad times, we get a lot of folks who can't seem to comply. After you type it a few hundred times, it becomes routine.

Ah, if only folks would remember the wonders of the Ignore function...

I think the ignore function is nice, but people are too curious, or maybe enjoy being dramatic enough that they NEED to know what is being put out on the board. Personally I don't understand initial attacks against other members, I mean, isn't there enough time in between reading something and typing a response to think to yourself, "...awe screw it, its not worth it" in regards to name callling? IDK, maybe its just me, but I'm not willing to risk losing my access to this board in return for a few seconds of "revenge".....if anything take it to the shed.......or the bikerack after school.....

Not a bad ass by any means, but I get tired of being called negative. Anyone with half a brain would see we are not on the level of Oklahoma. But just because some one says we will win does not make it so.

I support this team day in and day out in many ways. The difference is I see what indicates where we will be and what and how we will do it. Others, not to be mentioned just see us winning agaisnt one of the toughest teams in the country because we beat Iowa State. More so because they want us to. Calling a spade as spade is what I am doing. I do not see the possiblities of it happening. I can list numerous reasons it wouldn't, the opposite side can not list a single reason it would happen other than they want it to.

We are down at QB, Oline, Dline, LB, S, TE, not at home, not beatent a top 20 team in 20 outings, and at this time coaching, I really do not belive that but most would say that. Stoops has not been able to win the big game without Blakes kids.

Show me one area where we are better than Oklahoma.

I agree we have a chance, slim or what makes no difference. Anytime you play the game you have a chance, and I will cheering for them win or lose, just like I have for the last 50 some years.. But if we lose, I will understand why and hope our team and a coaching staff learned something from it. That is the way I look at it. Do the best you can every game, and let the chips fall where they may. Most on this board came into the year hoping for improvement, some had thoughts of NC's and undefeated seasons. And some looked at what we had, who we play and what our past performance indicated, and said this is what will happen. Those have been pretty close, and have not been the ones screaming for a coaching change or this player playing. That is where the rub is. If we get beat like Missouri beat us, which there is a good chance, the coashes will be to blame or one of the kids sucks, even Ganz is fair game remember. Go back and look at the posts after the Missouri game. Some are enough to make you sick.

I am positive we are a better team than we were last year, that we are moving forward, but that we have a long way to go. That as a fan is all I need to do.

Agree 100% with every thing in that post.

Obviously I don't want to get kicked off the board and maybe I did get a little carried away, but I can't believe my post was worthy of a warning! I respect what the MOD's do, but c'mon now I never directed my frustration at a specific member's name. No hard feelings. GBR!!!!!!!!!!