Wanna have some fun?

SkerMin8r

Well we certainly got it handed to us tonight.

Are we a good team? I still think so.

Are we an elite team? Absolutely not.

I'm trying to figure out what percentage of this debacle was due to pure talent differential, deficiencies in coaching/preparation, and fallout from last week's loss to OSU. I imagine it's some combination of all three, I just don't know in what proportions.

Although I'm very disappointed, I'm not angry at Pinkel or anybody else. Some of the plays called on offense upset me, but what am I gonna do?

A lot of my fellow fans are saying they've been conned, but I don't think coaches work that way. They win when they can, and everyone else interprets it.

Misjudging the talent of a team is a risk we all take. It's also part of the fun of it.

I just hope the guys bounce back and play hard, maintaining their dignity along the way. That's all I can ask for as a fan. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the space. I figured I should check in with you guys when we're down as well as when we're up.

TrueMizzou out...

as the mizzo posters we have over here are nice i won't be a dick, in all honesty i thought what really screwed you was that first play you had, it put you guys so far behind the 8 ball and with the insuing drive from texas i wonder if it was a "here we go again" moment for the tigers.

I'm trying to figure out what percentage of this debacle was due to pure talent differential, deficiencies in coaching/preparation, and fallout from last week's loss to OSU. I imagine it's some combination of all three, I just don't know in what proportions.

Although I'm very disappointed, I'm not angry at Pinkel or anybody else. Some of the plays called on offense upset me, but what am I gonna do?

A lot of my fellow fans are saying they've been conned, but I don't think coaches work that way. They win when they can, and everyone else interprets it.

Misjudging the talent of a team is a risk we all take. It's also part of the fun of it.

I just hope the guys bounce back and play hard, maintaining their dignity along the way. That's all I can ask for as a fan. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the space. I figured I should check in with you guys when we're down as well as when we're up.

TrueMizzou out...

as the mizzo posters we have over here are nice i won't be a dick, in all honesty i thought what really screwed you was that first play you had, it put you guys so far behind the 8 ball and with the insuing drive from texas i wonder if it was a "here we go again" moment for the tigers.

I completely, absolutely agree with you. One-thousand percent.

That first play call on our first possession is really haunting me. It got us off to a horrible start, and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say its effects were felt for the rest of the first half.

Stupid, stupid, stupid call...

TrueMizzou out...

Great post TM..

Times like these the truly great fans like you really shine.

Sorry to see you guys lose so bad..I hope you win the rest of the season and represent the Norse Division well.. :horns2

While I certainly don't wish Mizzou fans ill, I have to say I relished every second of that. Not because of the fans. Mostly because of Chase Daniel. I dislike the way he carries himself, particularly with respect to the Nebraska program. A slice of Humble Pie is just what the doctor ordered.

But to speak to the game, somebody better call Pinkle and the Mizzou fan base and inform them that no team in the history of football that I'm aware of ever had sustained success with a defense that mediocre. Let's face it, you have a perfect storm right now in your passing game. Daniel, Coffman, and Macklin are a tandem most of the football world would kill to have. But once that storm has passed, I don't see the future of Mizzou with any steady success. Offensive teams built around this kind of situation are like the house built on sand.

Stout defense is the first staple of any long-term success, and I'd put a consistent running game right behind that. We'll have to wait to see what the future holds, but this unimportant independent forecaster sees a bit of rain on the Tiger's horizon.

I'm not going to revel in their loss since they whooped our a$$es. I don't like Chase Daniel one bit so it's nice to see him be humbled in one way, but we all know what it's like to lose and lose big. The Mizzou posters we have over here are pretty good people from what I've read. Texas is for real..................

TrueMizzou out...

I'm not sure anyone could have beaten Texas in that stadium last night. Missouri did come out fighting in the second half, which was impressive.

I'm not sure it was a matter of people misjudging Missouri as much as it was people misjudging Texas. I really hadn't watched them other than last week against OU and had no idea they were that good. I figured when OU lost it was another Stoops team choking in a big game and didn't give Texas much credit. Not after last night, though. I consider Missouri to be a great team, but Texas is just on a different level.

Sorry bro, it's hard to watch when it's your team.

Texas can be the top team in our BIG12.

TAH I think can still get BIG12 N, but what ever team can win the BIG North will lose Texas 9 of 10 time"s.

GBR put butt whip on ISU and so good job for you"re fan on this.

Now TAH will play CU in Faurot.

After TAH lose 2 in row some fair weather fan will now leave and bad word the Tiger"s.

This has been bad 2 week"s I have for sure seen worst than this. I now

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

Texas can be the top team in our BIG12.

TAH I think can still get BIG12 N, but what ever team can win the BIG North will lose Texas 9 of 10 time"s.

GBR put butt whip on ISU and so good job for you"re fan on this.

Now TAH will play CU in Faurot.

After TAH lose 2 in row some fair weather fan will now leave and bad word the Tiger"s.

This has been bad 2 week"s I have for sure seen worst than this. I now

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

ke5Mr5eCF2U

Texas proved they are the #1 team in the country without a doubt, because mizzou has a great team and texas depantsed them last night. Makes nexts week game with okielite that much more intriguing. Keep your head up mizzou fans, like some else said, NOT ONE TEAM could of beat them last night. All of us on this board know what its like to be slaughtered on national tv, and it's not a good feeling.

TrueMizzou out...

I completely, absolutely agree with you. One-thousand percent.

That first play call on our first possession is really haunting me. It got us off to a horrible start, and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say its effects were felt for the rest of the first half.

Stupid, stupid, stupid call...

i think it's what the laymen call "getting pinkled"

I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't suggesting that anyone go to that board and "flame". In fact I believe I specifically said don't do that and while I may have been reveling in their loss a bit, it was the fan reaction that I was calling out. I find it curious that so many would turn on their coach so fast...but then again...I've seen it here too.