looking ahead to next year

shagg

We didn't even hand the keys over to true frosh Tommie until after some games. If these coaches are putting all their eggs in that basket, then we're in big trouble. Let's take a trip down memory lane with regards to QB recruits. We recruit this high powered QB named Beck. Even though he left, he wasn't good at all. He's what like 3rd or 4th string now in his senior year? Next comes Freeman. Even though he didn't come here and went to KState, what has he done other than 2 good games against Texas that has really impressed anyone? He's in his 3rd year starting, and he ranks a lot closer to bottom in the Big 12 than top. The jury is still out on Blaine Gabbert. However, I think it's safe to say he won't be starting for Mizzou next year. We won't be able to see how "gifted" he is for another 2 years.

Freeman is an outstanding QB, and Gabbert will start next year. Who do you think is going to start over Gabbert?

Nonetheless, I agree that Lee or Witt will likely be the starter next season. It should be an interesting battle.

I don't. How many top teams are playing QB's with zero experience?

Ummm, I don't know. I am not the one making the decisions, but I get the impression that the reason they aren't playing the backups QBs is because the QB they want to use next year isn't here yet.

or he is running the scout team!

:yeah

The jury is still out on Blaine Gabbert. However, I think it's safe to say he won't be starting for Mizzou next year. We won't be able to see how "gifted" he is for another 2 years.

Gabbert will almost certainly be the starter next season. He's currently #3 behind 2 seniors.

My bad. I don't know your entire roster. I was assuming your #2 that started the 4th qtr. against us was an underclassman. I didn't realize he was a senior as well.

Next comes Freeman. Even though he didn't come here and went to KState, what has he done other than 2 good games against Texas that has really impressed anyone? He's in his 3rd year starting, and he ranks a lot closer to bottom in the Big 12 than top. The jury is still out on Blaine Gabbert. However, I think it's safe to say he won't be starting for Mizzou next year. We won't be able to see how "gifted" he is for another 2 years.

Number 21 in passing yards so far in the season and he's not impressive? Considering the lack of talent around him (with the exception of one individual), I would say that's pretty damn good...

Daniel didn't play the 4th qtr. Why was Ganz still playing in the 4th? What purpose did it serve other than not getting our #2 and #3 any reps at all. Pi$$ poor player management if you ask me.

Again. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think the reason they did not get any reps is because the QB they want to have the reps is not here yet.

As clone says

Opinions may vary...

Freeman is a 3 year starter. He couldn't even put points up against CU. He's ranked in the middle of the pack of the Big 12. Ok, maybe I'm the only one but I'm not impressed. I expected more from a 3 year starter than a measely 13 points against CU.

I don't. How many top teams are playing QB's with zero experience?

they are by no means a 'top' team, baylor's qb is pretty raw, but he's been lightin' it up this season.

you never can tell.

I totally agree with what Baylor is doing. They're in the cellar of the South and right there in the entire Big 12. He's the kind of player you can build a program around. Nebraska isn't there, but with not getting any underclassmen experience we could be there next year. Baylor has nothing to lose by putting a true frosh in there and getting his feet wet. Nebraska has a lot to lose following their lead.

Next comes Freeman. Even though he didn't come here and went to KState, what has he done other than 2 good games against Texas that has really impressed anyone? He's in his 3rd year starting, and he ranks a lot closer to bottom in the Big 12 than top. The jury is still out on Blaine Gabbert. However, I think it's safe to say he won't be starting for Mizzou next year. We won't be able to see how "gifted" he is for another 2 years.

Number 21 in passing yards so far in the season and he's not impressive? Considering the lack of talent around him (with the exception of one individual), I would say that's pretty damn good...

Daniel didn't play the 4th qtr. Why was Ganz still playing in the 4th? What purpose did it serve other than not getting our #2 and #3 any reps at all. Pi$$ poor player management if you ask me.

Again. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think the reason they did not get any reps is because the QB they want to have the reps is not here yet.

As clone says

Opinions may vary...

As for having Ganz in during the 4th Quarter during the MU game, apparantly that is turning out to be a good move. The coaches seem to be pointing to that moment as a turning point in the offensive schemes. Watson wanted to work on some things and felt that getting something going for the first string O, and get wins THIS year, was more important than getting backups in.

The jury is still out on Blaine Gabbert. However, I think it's safe to say he won't be starting for Mizzou next year. We won't be able to see how "gifted" he is for another 2 years.

Gabbert will almost certainly be the starter next season. He's currently #3 behind 2 seniors.

My bad. I don't know your entire roster. I was assuming your #2 that started the 4th qtr. against us was an underclassman. I didn't realize he was a senior as well.

Not to further hijack the thread..... but it is interesting. Same first name of Chase, Chase Patton was a very highly rated, 4 star QB who could have gone to any number of schools... he opted for MU to be with his girlfriend who is now his wife. Then he finds himself behind Brad Smith, then Chase Daniel. On his way to med school.