Congrats Nate!

Yesterday Nate passed Johnny Rodgers as the all time reception leader in Nebraska history.

A 36 year old record.

How substantial is this accomplishment? What are your thoughts on Nate Swift?

Not at all substantial. Swift is a great player but Johnny did it in 3 years. Nate had 4. It should have an asterisk behind it. <_<

An asterisk? Come on! Save the asterisk's for cheaters like Bonds and McGuire. All that Swift has done is come in week after week with a great work ethic. Don't try to diminish this accomplishment by saying Rogers did it in less games. That is a cop out. Records are meant to be broken and Nate did just that. Let's appreciate the fact that one of Nebraska's all time great WR are playing for us right now.

Asterisk, You mean like Roger Maris <_<

I don't think J.Rogers has a problem with it. Most Husker fans know it took swift one more year, besides his record won't last long either. The schems they are useing now, is all about throwing whether to w/r or r/b's. Its got to ge a great feeling for Swift, to get this record. Lets let him enjoy it, while it lasts.

GBR!!!

I was gonna make a comment about JR needing an asterisk for armed robbery but someone beat me to it.

I think it a great reward for a player who has been a stand up guy through coaching and culture changes. He's been a light in a few years of darkness.

I also think his record will be broken many times in the next 10 years. Still a substantial feat..

Yesterday Nate passed Johnny Rodgers as the all time reception leader in Nebraska history.

A 36 year old record.

How substantial is this accomplishment? What are your thoughts on Nate Swift?

Not at all substantial. Swift is a great player but Johnny did it in 3 years. Nate had 4. It should have an asterisk behind it. <_<

Great first post....................... :sarcasm:wacko:

Does anyone know if Johnny R. was at the game yesterday?

He sure was. We were walking to our car after the game and got stopped at an intersection. Somebody brushed up against me and I turned and it was Johnny! I turned to my Mom, and said, "Look who is standing next to me!" He and his family turned and went the other way.

Congratulations Nate! Glad I got to see you break the record!