castille has to be converted

I think converting him because of the fumbles is premature. It's definitely a concern, though, and he needs to get it fixed. At this point I would just ride Lucky and Helu and give Castille another season to get things figured out.

to me its more than that. IMO our depth at RB is the best on the team. even if he didnt fumble he is getting outplayed, and doesnt deserve time. its a shame to have that much talent on the bench when we are SO thin on D

I think converting him because of the fumbles is premature. It's definitely a concern, though, and he needs to get it fixed. At this point I would just ride Lucky and Helu and give Castille another season to get things figured out.

to me its more than that. IMO our depth at RB is the best on the team. even if he didnt fumble he is getting outplayed, and doesnt deserve time. its a shame to have that much talent on the bench when we are SO thin on D

Yeah, that's why I said ride the other two and give him another season to figure it out. If he's still got fumble problems by next season, then maybe it's time to look at a new position. He's shown too much raw promise for me to think he should be converted yet.

Most D-I running backs are great athletes; what makes you think he will make a great linebacker? One running back translating into a great linebacker doesn't mean all will.

Castille just needs to take care of the fumbles. We're not going to have a lot of depth next year at RB. There's no sense in having only one RB next year with real experience.

Most D-I running backs are great athletes; what makes you think he will make a great linebacker? One running back translating into a great linebacker doesn't mean all will.

Castille just needs to take care of the fumbles. We're not going to have a lot of depth next year at RB. There's no sense in having only one RB next year with real experience.

We dont know he will be a good lb... but right now he is a POOR rb. and like I said we need LB much more than RB

Because most schools recruiting him were going to use him as a LB. He was rated higher as a LB than running back coming out of HS. Because he looks to hit people with reckless abandon and forgets he's running the ball sometimes therefore fumbling.

That what you want from a LB. Speed, intelligence, and agression.

However, let's see what Bo and Carl think about it. I am of the opinion that these two are very gifted defensive minds. It is like poetry when this defense executes, albeit rarely. Getting more and more consistent every game.

Because most schools recruiting him were going to use him as a LB. He was rated higher as a LB than running back coming out of HS. Because he looks to hit people with reckless abandon and forgets he's running the ball sometimes therefore fumbling.

However, let's see what Bo and Carl think about it. I am of the opinion that these two are very gifted defensive minds. It is like poetry when this defense executes, albeit rarely. Getting more and more consistent every game.

I'm under the impression that we dont have a choice. :thumbs

Excellent point, sir!

Excellent point, sir!

and let me say I am totally comfortable with that. I am VERY happy with the coaches so far

Yes put "The Fumbler" on D I hate holding my breath everytime he touches the ball.

Amen. I don't see how watching him fumble for another year and then moving him makes any sense. Make the move now and give him time to grow into a D position, I really think he could be dominant. But, I can live with whatever the Bo and Carl decide.