castille has to be converted

Yes, he has fumbled some, but I have also seen him on a number of occasions knock the defenders right on their ass. The coaches know about it and will work on it. He'll be okay...

I know this...given the choice of having to tackle any of our running backs, it would not be him!

but If I was given the chance to play against any of the 3 top backs it would be castille. even without the fumbles he is the least of the 3. with the fumbles.....its not even close

Used to be when unlimited recruiting was allowed, NU would recruit 10-15 running backs and very few DBs. If a player washed out at I back he would be moved to DB.

Different time and a different team! I can't say enough how people our undervaluing the LB spot. Sure you could throw a dozen athletes into the position. And you would end up with a bunch of half ass LBs, who can't tackle to save their lives. (And frankly we have to many poor tacklers to begin with!)

LB is NOT a throw away position. It may well be the most important on the defense!

Yeah - thats what I meant about a bygone era. Now days DBs are very precious recruits. I sent before I put that part in. I was going to edit it, but last time I did that I got blasted because I didn't say I edited it.

Yes, he has fumbled some, but I have also seen him on a number of occasions knock the defenders right on their ass. The coaches know about it and will work on it. He'll be okay...

I know this...given the choice of having to tackle any of our running backs, it would not be him!

I don't think he should be converted, but he has fumbled more than "some".

He and the coaches always say they are working on it, but look where we are.

What i notice about Q when he has the ball is that he hardly ever covers it with both hands when in traffic. He always tucks it away and supermans into the crowd with the free arm. I played RB in high school and the first thing we were taught was to cover the ball with both hands when running into traffic. Maybe they should put down a rule for him that if he's caught not covering the ball with both hands that he personally gets to run extra sprints per instance.

I still don't know why he didn't just bounce to the left side... everyone was blocked down he would have walked in.

I noticed that to from where I was sitting. I was wondering why in the hell he would dive like that and one not just try to run over someone and two just bounce to the outside and he's got a TD? I don't know, but he can't seem to shake the fumbleitis.

we've always been stacked at the RB position...sometimes 7 deep...so if a kid has realistic potenial at a different position then by all means move him around...makes no sense having somebody ( not necessary talking about castille) sitting on the bench when you can use their athlethic ability somewhere else...we just want the 11 most athletic guys on the field...a lot of teams do this

^^^ The key word here being REALISTIC potential^^^

yes realistic. he might not cut it, but the other option is sitting the bench. bob just go look at his stats. fumbles aside he is only our 3rd most productive back.... add in the fumbles... its not good. its gettting to the point were it is defense or nothing. what do we have to lose here by moving him?