castille has to be converted

I love how one RB getts converted to LB, now any player not playing well at there position should be converted to LB. Do you really think it's that easy? If they where that intrchangeble, we would have NO depth issues at LB.

Guess I'm tired of people acting like anyone with speed can play LB. It takes smarts, and a killer instinct to play at that position. Give Glenn some respect, what he has done is quite a feat!

again...if we had tons of depth there i would say its not worth it..... but we dont....plous as is the kid wont see the field. he is NOT a good rb right now. its about trying to get your best players on the field

We just have so much depth at RB?

If Castille converts to LB now, it's a lost season for him. Glenn took a spring and fall to get to where he is now. This is mid-season.

If this were Callahan, btw, and Castille were converted, we'd be jumping down his throat for mismanaging and juggling players around...just saying.

If Castille converts now, its a lost season for him??? If Castille fumbles near the goal line again in a situation where the game is on the line, he may cost us a freaking game!!!

Think about this HK. What are you willing to risk when your O'line is doing what they're asked to do & you get the rock, you're called in as the tough down back, and several times you fumble it away?

Why wait for a pivotal moment you mentioned, when you know very well that no turnover is easy to dismiss?

Huskers - Do you want to be among the best or,, among the top three in the North?

Not calling you out or any other. Just thinking that people are missing the point and are inserting X into O like it's part of the Sun coming up.

Castille puts the ball on the turf more often than 19 yd TD runs against ISU. Fact.

You want to give QC another chance? Okay, I'm all for that. Then do something with that opportunity. Or else you will be discussing it again down the road. With the same "hopefully it doesnt happen in this situation" conversation.

Personally, I think bro dawg needs to keep his speech quiet until he proves he is accountable and putting up a string of solid games together. Then repeat it.

Finish first or finish among the top three.

Well, next year Lucky is gone, so if they moved him to linebacker, the next running back behind Helu would more than likely be Mendoza, who has taken very limited snaps this year. If he starts stinking it up next year, then you may need to move him, but as for right now i think that would be a dumb move.

Well, next year Lucky is gone, so if they moved him to linebacker, the next running back behind Helu would more than likely be Mendoza, who has taken very limited snaps this year. If he starts stinking it up next year, then you may need to move him, but as for right now i think that would be a dumb move.

moving him now also gets mendoza snaps. as for the comment that the season is lost for him.... if he moves now he would be ready by next year. there are still times glenn is out of position this far into the transition... that wouldnt be the case with Q

I love how one RB getts converted to LB, now any player not playing well at there position should be converted to LB. Do you really think it's that easy? If they where that intrchangeble, we would have NO depth issues at LB.

Guess I'm tired of people acting like anyone with speed can play LB. It takes smarts, and a killer instinct to play at that position. Give Glenn some respect, what he has done is quite a feat!

again...if we had tons of depth there i would say its not worth it..... but we dont....plous as is the kid wont see the field. he is NOT a good rb right now. its about trying to get your best players on the field

We just have so much depth at RB?

If Castille converts to LB now, it's a lost season for him. Glenn took a spring and fall to get to where he is now. This is mid-season.

If this were Callahan, btw, and Castille were converted, we'd be jumping down his throat for mismanaging and juggling players around...just saying.

If Castille converts now, its a lost season for him??? If Castille fumbles near the goal line again in a situation where the game is on the line, he may cost us a freaking game!!!

Think about this HK. What are you willing to risk when your O'line is doing what they're asked to do & you get the rock, you're called in as the tough down back, and several times you fumble it away?

Why wait for a pivotal moment you mentioned, when you know very well that no turnover is easy to dismiss?

I understand that fumbles happen but Castille has proven to be a consistent fumbler. Perhaps Castille wont want 2 be a linebacker but since he is such a good blocker why not make him a fullback?

I have thought also that Castille could be a good LB but I don't see it happening because:

1) Lucky is a senior and thus Castille will be #2 behind Helu next year.

2) Castille is a bruiser back that fills a need on the offense. Helu is not this type of back and Mendoza appears to be shifty, skatback type.

3) The depth behind him is not proven...I believe we have Fr. Okafor and Fr. Ward who have yet to see action unless I missed any snaps where they were in.

Castille does need to fix the fumbling issue though or he simply may lose snaps to other IB's...but I sense the coaches like having him as a short yardage weapon...just remains to be seen if he will hold up his end of the bargain...if not we will have to go elsewhere and another player will get his snaps. I hope he can turn it around...he is an exciting, aggressive player that is a definite force when he holds onto the ball. The continued fumbling is a real downer so hope he turns it around.