IF we beat OU???

If we were able to pull off the upset and beat OU, where would this rank in NU history? Obviously in recent history it would be huge!

Nearly as many answers as there are posters.

It would rank somewhere between '97 and 2007.

opinions vary widely.

If we were able to pull off the upset and beat OU, where would this rank in NU history? Obviously in recent history it would be huge!

I'll place it up there w/ the Michigan State game. Not sure many people picked us to win that one under all the changes and turmoil that were going on.

I agree with you about us not being picked to beat Michigan State, but I think this one would be a bigger win because we've been down for so long and because OU has been good for so long.

no doubt beating a ranked team would be important, but is it a turning point for us? Not really, finishing 8-4 or 7-5 and a bowl win, would be a big turning point for this team right now and the direction we are heading in. Of course nothing would be better than Pelini beating Stoops on his first attempt head to head! :nutz

After watching KU get totally dismantled by TT, what makes you think beating KU will be an upset? Talk about falling on hard times. I guess it just proves almost everyone but the BCS right saying KU was a fluke last year due to an extremely weak schedule. There was a point in the last 2 weeks I thought KU would beat Mizzou. After watching their play Saturday, there's no way in hades they come even close to Mizzou.

i think the big win over a ranked opponent is SOOOOOOOOO overrated. look at KSU and CU. both have a big win over a highly ranked opponent under their belts. and both have been rebuilding for a while now and both programs look like crap.

Maybe the win itself is over rated, but I think it has more to do with how you follow it up. NU beats OU and just like what happened after the wins you mentioned for KSU and CU, a lot of hype will come NU's way. National Pundits will suddenly declare that NU is back on the way up. Recruits will take notice too and I think you would see several of the big timers commit this season, just like it helped CU. However if NU wins then subsequently goes back to a 50% or sub 50% winning record for the rest of this year and next, the win was nothing but a nice footnote in history.

After watching KU get totally dismantled by TT, what makes you think beating KU will be an upset? Talk about falling on hard times. I guess it just proves almost everyone but the BCS right saying KU was a fluke last year due to an extremely weak schedule. There was a point in the last 2 weeks I thought KU would beat Mizzou. After watching their play Saturday, there's no way in hades they come even close to Mizzou.

LOL...My bad, good point.