Big XII North scenario

What if Oklahoma beats Nebraska, Nebraska beats Kansas & Kansas beats Missouri. Suppose after this scenario, Nebraska, Kansas & Missouri all finish the season with 3 conference losses. Who plays for the Big XII championship?

Nebraska - losses to Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma

Missouri - losses to Oklahoma State, Texas, Kansas

Kansas - losses to Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Nebraska (upset win over Texas - yeah, I know highly unlikely)

I would think Kansas would go over Missouri because of the head-to-head victory & they wouldve beat Texas who beat Missouri. The question is would Nebraska go over Kansas because of the head-to-head victory or would Kansas go over Nebraska because Nebraska lost to Missouri & Kansas goes over Missouri?

What if Oklahoma beats Nebraska, Nebraska beats Kansas & Kansas beats Missouri. Suppose after this scenario, Nebraska, Kansas & Missouri all finish the season with 3 conference losses. Who plays for the Big XII championship?

Kansas - losses to Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Nebraska (upset win over Texas - yeah, I know highly unlikely)

I would think Kansas would go over Missouri because of the head-to-head victory & they wouldve beat Texas who beat Missouri. The question is would Nebraska go over Kansas because of the head-to-head victory or would Kansas go over Nebraska because Nebraska lost to Missouri & Kansas goes over Missouri?

my head hurts. :blink:

Honestly I dont want to play in the title game and get our asses handed to us by Texas. I'm just looking forward to seeing them play in a bowl game. Heck the way we play some days it is going to be a struggle to win any one of our last 4 games. NOTHING is a Give me game anymore Unless you are playing Iowa State sorry CY but I dont see you guys winning an other game all year.

I want a Big XII title game appearance. I think the players want it too, no matter how daunting. They don't need to be babied

Here's to hoping Mizzou drops a couple more and we beat KU.

:yeah Why would you not want it, just because you might get blown out? The players need to play in these big games, to understand what it takes. You saw the team take a big leap forward after the MU game, both the coaches and players changed. The coaches modified their game plans to the team's current strengths and the players started practicing better.

I want a Big XII title game appearance. I think the players want it too, no matter how daunting. They don't need to be babied

Here's to hoping Mizzou drops a couple more and we beat KU.

:yeah Why would you not want it, just because you might get blown out? The players need to play in these big games, to understand what it takes. You saw the team take a big leap forward after the MU game, both the coaches and players changed. The coaches modified their game plans to the team's current strengths and the players started practicing better.

:yeah especially for a relatively young defense... that'd be great experience for next year when we win it :koolaid2:

Honestly I dont want to play in the title game and get our asses handed to us by Texas. I'm just looking forward to seeing them play in a bowl game. Heck the way we play some days it is going to be a struggle to win any one of our last 4 games. NOTHING is a Give me game anymore Unless you are playing Iowa State sorry CY but I dont see you guys winning an other game all year.

You sound like BC

You sound like BC

WOW! Hold the phone!

Dude, that is uncalled for. Why don't you just accuse him of cannibalism, incest, puppy kicking and whatever else you can come up with. Saying someone sounds like BC is too harsh. That is to awful to fathom.

There's no way to sort them out head to head, nebraska beats KU, but loses to MU, MU beats NU, but loses to KU, KU beats MU, but loses to NU...

so you go to record in the North...where each of these teams would have one loss...

so you go to record against the number 4 team in the north....assuming it's colorado, all three teams will have beat CU.....

so you go to record against the number 5 team in the north....assuming its KSU, all three teams will have beat KSU....

so you go to the last team in the North...ISU....all have beaten ISU...

so you go to record against common conference opponents, which is just the North record because there's no South teams against which we all play.....

so you go to highest BCS ranked of the three teams....that should decide it...it's unimaginable that one of the three would not be ranked, but if that somehow happened, you would go to winning % including non-conference opponents

There's no way to sort them out head to head, nebraska beats KU, but loses to MU, MU beats NU, but loses to KU, KU beats MU, but loses to NU...

so you go to record in the North...where each of these teams would have one loss...

so you go to record against the number 4 team in the north....assuming it's colorado, all three teams will have beat CU.....

so you go to record against the number 5 team in the north....assuming its KSU, all three teams will have beat KSU....

so you go to the last team in the North...ISU....all have beaten ISU...

so you go to record against common conference opponents, which is just the North record because there's no South teams against which we all play.....

so you go to highest BCS ranked of the three teams....that should decide it...it's unimaginable that one of the three would not be ranked, but if that somehow happened, you would go to winning % including non-conference opponents

So if it gets to that point Mu would have the advantage in both the BCS rankings and Winning %. 1. assuming that since both KU and NE are not ranked and MU is currently #14. 2. And since both KU and NE lost a Non-con game (South Florida and VT) then MU would win that tiebreaker because of their 4-0 non con. what a way to win the division <_<

BTW, Please tell me you found that on the Big 12 website or something. If that is knowledge just sitting in your brain.....how do you remember your phone # with all that other crap in there? ;)