Callahan/Pelini Recruits

Quick question.....

When Pelini took over and his staff was scrambling to keep a lot of the guys that were decommitting because of the coaching change......

The 2008 class was primarily made up of Callahan recruits right?

So can we expect a big turn around in 2009 with guys that were recruited by Callahan and Crew to run a certain set of Defensive and Offensive schemes?

Or should we wait until Pelini has a FULL year to get his own guys... (the 2009 class)

This may seem elementary but I was just a bit unsure.... please keep the snickering to a minimum....

Quick question.....

When Pelini took over and his staff was scrambling to keep a lot of the guys that were decommitting because of the coaching change......

The 2008 class was primarily made up of Callahan recruits right?

So can we expect a big turn around in 2009 with guys that were recruited by Callahan and Crew to run a certain set of Defensive and Offensive schemes?

Or should we wait until Pelini has a FULL year to get his own guys... (the 2009 class)

This may seem elementary but I was just a bit unsure.... please keep the snickering to a minimum....

Big? No, but I would venture that we see more significant results nonetheless.

It's going to be a slow process that will probably take several seasons, at least.

I suppose I agree...BUT...I expect we will see steady improvement over the years to come...

it depends what goal we are talking about. I assume he is talking about getting us back to contending for a big 12/national title, and having a typical bo pelini defense.

Dont expect significant improvement untill year 3 or 4. Untill then its to early to tell. Even after that the guys playing would be Bo's 1st or 2nd recruiting class. Bo's recruiting classes should build by his 4th year which puts those players playing in years 6-8 of his coaching regime. This thing could take nearly a decade to recover from.

My God, a decade to recover from the Callahan years?

I wonder how long it's gonna take the economy to recover after Fannie May/Freddy Mac fiasco of Barney Frank and company.

I certainly want Bo here for 8 years, but I don't know if I'm that interested in Obama being around for a decade to solve the financial mess.

My kids are already pretty upset that they had to surrender part of their candy to give to the kids that did not work the 2 1/2 hours to collect the goodies. As I told them ... we need to "spread the candy" to show how "American" and "compassionate" we are.

LOL ... hope you enjoyed the spin ... but please, lets not take a decade to solve this problem.

SheepdogMark

Dont expect significant improvement untill year 3 or 4. Untill then its to early to tell. Even after that the guys playing would be Bo's 1st or 2nd recruiting class. Bo's recruiting classes should build by his 4th year which puts those players playing in years 6-8 of his coaching regime. This thing could take nearly a decade to recover from.

I hope the husker faithful has the patience to wait that long, I really like Bo and I think he is the guy we need in the upcoming years