Cy Picks The Winners In Week 11

i dont think NE beats KU. But that game is a toss up as far as i'm concered.

All others look good except KSU and MU

Its KSU, It's in Columbia, its a night game, & its senior night. Plus MU has been on a every-other game cycle of crappiness. Good, Bad, Good, Bad. KSU gets the good week.

With the KSU HC announcing his stepping down, this puts KSU in precarious position. So in light of this, I just don't see a upset vs Mizzou. Then again in Prince's first yr, he fired a bunch of kids on the spot before a game and they won that week.

Texas Tech is riding high this week. The question is, do they get grounded enough to beat a ever improving OSU team. I think they will in a good old fashioned shootout. It will take another solid defensive effort this week.

ISU @ CU is a pickem game for me. So is the KU @ NU game. CU has a ton of injuries to overcome and ISU's young pups have a chance to mature on the road. I'll go with the home team but don't bet the morgage on it. Both KU and NU have fought consistency all season. Especially on defense. This game could take 4 days to complete should either team not find its running game. Who ever gets out fast and first wins this one. I'll go with the home team on this one too in a thrilla.

Cy pretty much hit the other ones IMO.

I think that Mizzou smokes KState. And I'm not sure that the Cyclones can beat Colorado.

Agree.

I kinda like Pokes over Raiders though.

So is Prince quitting or what? I missed that memo...

He was made to resign, as I understand it.

So soon after his contract extension?

Who does that?

I think that Mizzou smokes KState. And I'm not sure that the Cyclones can beat Colorado.

Agree.

Who does that?

lol

Agree.

Who does that?

As I work near K-State country, the rumor is that the buy out in the extension was actually smaller than the original one. This rumor is not well sourced and could be BS. Or should I say BC? :). Fine point either way.

Big week this time. Lots of teams with lots of things to play for. Bowl bids, Big-12 Division titles…winning records. Lots of interesting match ups. This is the one time of year when an underdog can play a big role in determining the fates of some of the big dogs of the conference. A great time to ball things up a bit. With this in mind…here are the winners for Week 11

Oklahoma State (8-1) at Texas Tech (9-0) – After watching OK-State demolish the best and worst that the North has to offer both offensively and defensively, I am convinced that, at this point in the season, this team is at least the second if not the best team in the Big 12. They can rush the ball and pass the ball…solid all the way around. Texas Tech is good…no denying that, but after watching them against Texas, I don’t think the defense has the stamina to stick with OK-State for the whole game. Texas didn’t pound them all four quarters but OK-State will. If Texas Tech can put a lot of points on the board in the 1st half, they could hold on to win. I don’t think they will.

OK-State (9-1) over Texas Tech (9-1)

Baylor (3-6) at Texas (8-1) – Baylor’s number is up this year going on the road against a Texas team that will be pumped up after a loss. Don’t expect anything pretty out of Baylor this weekend. Texas knows that in order to make it to the B-12 Championship game, chances are they will have to win out...any loss now will knock them out of the title. Their schedule looks the most favorable with Baylor, A&M and Kansas left. Don’t expect to see them show any mercy as they use these games to fine tune for the Championship game.

Texas (9-1) over Baylor (3-7)

Oklahoma (8-1) at Texas A&M (4-5) – TAM has had their triumphant journey through the bottom of the Big 12 having bashed Iowa State and Colorado…now they must return back to the reality which is the Big 12 South…and reality ain’t pretty Oklahoma is playing at a level right now that TAM can only dream of achieving. Solid on all fronts offensively and defensively good enough to humiliate a team of Texas A&M’s limited caliber. Look for a four-way tie in the South after this weekend.

Oklahoma (9-1) over Texas A&M (4-6)

Kansas State (4-5) at Missouri (7-2) – I don’t know what the deal is but, for some reason, Missouri just has not inspired me with a lot of confidence this year. There’s just something about their play lately that tells me Pinkey and crew are ripe for an upset from some unknown loser team…and that team is Kansas State. I don’t like Kansas State much and they have lost three in a row but their offense has shown flashes at times this season (though they still have no running game). A Missouri loss here sets up more fun for the Big 12 North title. Wistful thinking?

Kansas State (5-5) over Missouri (7-3)

Kansas (6-3) at Nebraska (5-4) – Two sometimes decent offenses face off against two somewhat sub-par defenses. Kansas is done with the bottom feeders of the North and now start a three week march against Nebraska, Texas and Missouri. Could they be looking ahead? Nebraska needs to put up some points early while keeping Kansas off the board. I think we’re going to see Nebraska finally put together a complete game this week after the embarrassing lose to OU. I’m sure everyone on the team is aware that if they can take out KU, they have a good chance of winning out. 8-4 would look really good to Pelini

Nebraska (6-4) over Kansas (6-4)

Iowa State (2-7) at Colorado (4-5) – The only thing Iowa State has going for it is the nation’s second longest road game losing streak. UAB (the record holder) has a bye week and then plays a horrible Tulane team on the road…which means ISU could end up with the record all to themselves! Except they will find a way to screw that up too. The one chance at notoriety they have this year and they will blow it by beating the Buffs in Boulder. The Buffs offense is horrible…30 total points in the last 3 games. This is a team that has digressed almost to the point of giving up. Iowa State may suck but all the players are freshmen and too stupid to know when to give up.

Iowa State (3-7) over Colorado (4-6)

As usual, feel free to display your vast football ignorance by disagreeing with me, especially considering a couple of the upsets mixed in there (to satisfy all you nay-sayers that complain that I always pick the “sure thing”).

There goes your record, Cy.

Tech wins. (OK state is good, will be fun. Tech loses to OU, not these guys)

Texas wins (agreed)

OU wins (agreed)

Mizzou wins (K-State is gonna get OWNED)

KU wins (SHould be close, could go either way, but I stick with my call, we are favorites and should be)

CU wins (You not gonna win on the road with this team, sorry)

For the record

Jayhawk 5-1 (I would mis my own team, and I am sad about our loss, but such is life)

Cy 3-3

Well, you are funnier than me, and a better read, so you have that going. Also, I would be happy to be wrong on the the other 5 if I could have gotten the one I missed to be correct, but unfortunately no one is offering to swap all the results...