Don't get Crazy!

Did Turner get a legitimate shot at the NU job? I have watched him coach Buffalo a few times this year including tonight and I think he has done a heck of a job with that program. I am in NO WAY calling for a coaching change I am just asking a question.

I honestly believe that it wasn't the right time for him. He's just getting going at Buffalo, and if he can take this kind of team to a few bowls, and does it from the bottom, of the MAC! :o Then NU might not be the best job Gill is offered!

I'm glad you posted this because it's still lingering in the back of my head. And I totally support Bo and will support any HC of NU football forever.

Most say TO hired who he thought was the best candidate for the job. Our defense being totally screwed and watching NU turn into a finesse team didn't help. Taking off my red colored glasses makes me see that NU football isn't much different then football in the SEC and other major football machines where big time donors (Cooks) honestly call the shots.

Look I know Bo can coach, but still in the back of my mind is did he have impeccable timing while making career moves that were totally stacked in his favor? NU 2003-9 future NFL players started on his defense, T. Johnson, R. Bingham, L. Smith, D. Williams, B. Ruud, TJ Hollowell, Bullocks Brothers, F. Washington. Then moving onto an already stacked OU team then to venture to LSU where the team was stacked.

Bo has never been apart of a team less talented then the one he has right now where he is the HC. And this is the part that scares me, he was never known as a good recruiter at OU or at LSU (not that recruiting there is that hard).

I don't know if he will ever be able to go toe to toe with Stoops/Brown in Texas, very hard challenge for anyone, but Gill was one of NU's ace recruiters and I feel confident he could roll with those guys. Doesn't hurt that he's from Ft. Worth either.

It will be interesting to see what Shannon does at the U. I will also be watching how Gill does as well.

Did Turner get a legitimate shot at the NU job? I have watched him coach Buffalo a few times this year including tonight and I think he has done a heck of a job with that program. I am in NO WAY calling for a coaching change I am just asking a question.

I honestly believe that it wasn't the right time for him. He's just getting going at Buffalo, and if he can take this kind of team to a few bowls, and does it from the bottom, of the MAC! :o Then NU might not be the best job Gill is offered!

If Gill pulls that off and potentially wins the MAC in the next couple of years it may be too little too late- :o

Some other BCS school will scoop him right up if he pulls that off.

If Gill pulls that off and potentially wins the MAC in the next couple of years it may be too little too late- :o

Some other BCS school will scoop him right up if he pulls that off.

May be much sooner than some think...Over the past few weeks he has really impressed me. His sideline demeanor reminds me of someone we all know very well and you can tell by the way his guys play that they would run through a brick wall for this guy. He is the real deal but we all knew that.

I'm glad you posted this because it's still lingering in the back of my head. And I totally support Bo and will support any HC of NU football forever.

Most say TO hired who he thought was the best candidate for the job. Our defense being totally screwed and watching NU turn into a finesse team didn't help. Taking off my red colored glasses makes me see that NU football isn't much different then football in the SEC and other major football machines where big time donors (Cooks) honestly call the shots.

Look I know Bo can coach, but still in the back of my mind is did he have impeccable timing while making career moves that were totally stacked in his favor? NU 2003-9 future NFL players started on his defense, T. Johnson, R. Bingham, L. Smith, D. Williams, B. Ruud, TJ Hollowell, Bullocks Brothers, F. Washington. Then moving onto an already stacked OU team then to venture to LSU where the team was stacked.

Bo has never been apart of a team less talented then the one he has right now where he is the HC. And this is the part that scares me, he was never known as a good recruiter at OU or at LSU (not that recruiting there is that hard).

I don't know if he will ever be able to go toe to toe with Stoops/Brown in Texas, very hard challenge for anyone, but Gill was one of NU's ace recruiters and I feel confident he could roll with those guys. Doesn't hurt that he's from Ft. Worth either.

It will be interesting to see what Shannon does at the U. I will also be watching how Gill does as well.

Hmm, I'm confused by your post. Solich was supposedly let go because we couldn't recruit right? Then, you go on to say that Gill was one of NU's ace recruiters. Wasn't Gill here the entire time Solich was HC? If memory serves me correctly, Pelini did pull one or two big time recruits into Oklahma that had originally verbally committed to NU.

:sarcasm If Turner Gill would show that passion that Bo does on the sidelines, the job would have been his!!

Seriously, though, I am sure that Dr. Tom looked at him seriously, because Gill always looked to Dr. Tom as a mentor, and they probably have weekly conversations to this day. I really believe that somewhere down the line that TG will be HC of the Huskers. I think he probably needs some seasoning. Coaching Buffalo and coaching at Nebraska is two different leagues entirely.

Too bad we couldn't morph TG and BP into one coach...we would have another Dr. Tom.

I also think TO asked Solich about it as well. I'm pretty sure I read where Solich said TO had called him and asked about Pelini. I'm sure there were discussions about Gill as well. I just keep thinking there's a silver lining out there somewhere. Last year, Alabama was on fire at the beginning of the season. Then, they had some pretty big breakdowns and lost like 4 or so in a row. I'm hopeful of a 7-5 regular season. Next year will be very telling as to what direction we're headed and how fast.

Well, look at Fulmer at Tennessee...not sure if he was "asked to leave" or left on his own, but if he left on his own, I give him credit for that. But he had been at Tennessee for a long time, and could have probably made into another season if he really wanted to with his accomplishments there...not sure if Solich had built up that much gravitas at Nebraska.

We are doing better than we were last season, and Bo is doing that with someone else's recruits. I think once he brings in his people, we will be back to winning again. Dr. Tom has to believe that also, or he would have never brought him back. We also needed someone that would come in and spit some fire...we got him, but don't think we realized exactly how much fire we would get. It is all a learning process...and Bo will learn as he goes. He knows football...he just needs to learn to be a HC. And he will.