Game Breakdown NU VS KU

JGS30

What impresses me about KU is Reesing, Meier and Briscoe.

Reesing is deceptively fast, Meier has transcended his old QB duties well and has turned into asolid possession receiver, while Briscoe is always a home run threat.

Truthfully, I haven't seen much of KU defensively that stands out. I see them giving up some points most every game (with the exception of LA Tech)- heck even Colorado moved the ball pretty well against them in the first half.

I think NU wins by 7-10 points, but could be closer. If we DON'T win, we don't have the coaching staff we think we have.

It's prediction time:

After many many hours in the lab I've come to this conclusion. NU wins in a hard fought game.

Reasons:

1. Kansas has turned the ball over 16 times this year. That is a scary stat for any ball club, especially in a game like this. NU wins the turnover battle.

2. Kansas' receivers. As I mentioned before, they're quality players, but none of them are home run threats. Great possession receivers, but I see NU defenders giving less cushion this week and containing them. Reesing will get his 300 yars in the air, but again, the turnover factor will come into play and KU will leave many points on the field because of it.

3. Ganz. He is the gamebreaker here. He can elude the rush and wear down the Kansas defense. He does a great job of buying time in the pocket with his feet and forcing opposing defenses to cover receivers longer.

4. The NU O-line is gelling. The running game is back and Roy Helu is a major reason why. He has turned into a gamebreaker that can hit the homerun at any time. Look for the shovel pass to Helu to go for huge yards.

5. Nate Swift, Todd Peterson, and Mike McNeill. You can't cover these three: only hope to contain them. If NU gets down they'll go to them often, and Todd Peterson is the king of converting 3rd downs.

The thing that worries me is the atmosphers in memorial stadium and the emotion from both their players and fans. This is a true revenge game and it won't be easy for the Jayhawks. A win over KU would solidify this season as a sucess for Bo being it's his first year.

I don't see KU weathering the storm. It will be a great game and I suggest if you're not going to order it on payper view.

KU 24 NU 34

JGS30

USF Beat KU 37-34. Damn that freshman kicker of theirs!! Happy now Saunders? :)

Fixed your post.

It's prediction time:

After many many hours in the lab I've come to this conclusion. NU wins in a hard fought game.

Reasons:

1. Kansas has turned the ball over 16 times this year. That is a scary stat for any ball club, especially in a game like this. NU wins the turnover battle.

2. Kansas' receivers. As I mentioned before, they're quality players, but none of them are home run threats. Great possession receivers, but I see NU defenders giving less cushion this week and containing them. Reesing will get his 300 yars in the air, but again, the turnover factor will come into play and KU will leave many points on the field because of it.

3. Ganz. He is the gamebreaker here. He can elude the rush and wear down the Kansas defense. He does a great job of buying time in the pocket with his feet and forcing opposing defenses to cover receivers longer.

4. The NU O-line is gelling. The running game is back and Roy Helu is a major reason why. He has turned into a gamebreaker that can hit the homerun at any time. Look for the shovel pass to Helu to go for huge yards.

5. Nate Swift, Todd Peterson, and Mike McNeill. You can't cover these three: only hope to contain them. If NU gets down they'll go to them often, and Todd Peterson is the king of converting 3rd downs.

The thing that worries me is the atmosphers in memorial stadium and the emotion from both their players and fans. This is a true revenge game and it won't be easy for the Jayhawks. A win over KU would solidify this season as a sucess for Bo being it's his first year.

I don't see KU weathering the storm. It will be a great game and I suggest if you're not going to order it on payper view.

KU 24 NU 34

JGS30

Fixed your post.

I can't believe you took the time to do that. The closer to gametime, the more optimistic I become. KU by 14!!!

It's prediction time:

Reasons:

KU 24 NU 34

JGS30

Fixed your post.

I can't believe you took the time to do that. The closer to gametime, the more optimistic I become. KU by 14!!!

Well how did that prediction turn out for you? :nutz

Kansas loses because ISU ran up 20 (should have been 23...stupid Chizik not kicking the field goal) unaswered points on them in the first half and made them look like total dog crap...then ISU totally disappeared in the 3rd quarter and still...playing only 3/4 of the game...almost nailed you in the end. Nebraska does not suck as hard as Iowa State and will play for 4 quarters thereby making the final score:

NU 45

KU 38

Unassailable logic my friend....

good call. very close

It's prediction time:

Reasons:

KU 24 NU 34

JGS30

Fixed your post.

Well how did that prediction turn out for you? :nutz

Somebody post that pic of Andy Bernard.