Bo Pelini will have an awesome 2nd season

Aim9

I hope we finish better than 7-5 next year............

I agree with you, but we all need to remember to not get unrealistic expectations again because that just brings down the whole damn fanbase when all of us get like that. I don't think we have to worry about this with Bo as our coach though because he wants and expects the best. He wants those Big XII titles and NC trophies because it makes his job that much easier as far as recruiting goes.

I agree BRI. the prospect of us possibly winning out and going 9-3 both excites me and scares me. I hope people dont get unrealistic expectations

Well, going 9-3 is kind of impossible because we already have 4 losses. I stand by that my assertion of a husker team with anywhere from 1-4 losses contingent upon quarterback play next year is quite reasonable.

As a side note, I grow weary of predicting 4 and 5 loss seasons, which I (and a lot of other people) have been doing for 6 years now. There is nothing wrong with getting excited for next year and I think I have sufficiently tempered my enthusiasm. I think Nebraska will be back next year. Not national championship back, but back to the point where we will be in the top 25 every week. Next year we gain relevance again.

thanks... I meant 4. the 9 win part is what I am concerned with. i think some fans will look at that and think the next logical step is a big 12 title... I dont think we are going to be at that point by next year

Just curious as to what you predicted this year? I saw a whole lot of 7-5 predictions on this board, also quite a few at 6-6. 8-4, and maybe 9-4, is a real possibility. Could you saw Bo overachieved by going 9-4 this year? He did after all take over a team with one of the worst defenses in the country the previous year. Would that mean that he underachieves next year by going 7-5? Should we expect a drop down to 5-7 like we did last year? I don't think it is unfair to think this team could at least win 8-9 games in the regular season next year. The level of talent is not taking a dive down, in fact it should be better overall. Look how many players Bo has redshirting, the team may be a bit younger but definately more talented. You will not see 5-6 walkons contributing like this year. The D-Fence WILL be much improved next year, of that I have NO doubt.

I predicted 7-5. I am thrilled with the progress made. would 7-5 be a underachievement next year... depends on the situation. if we are relatively healthy?? yeah, imo it would be underachieving... but not by much. as of right now I expect 8-9 wins.

For several years, Nebraska hasn't really had much luck just "plugging" in a new QB. This all started back a decade ago. Crouch and Newcombe didn't just come in and replace Frost. We lost what 4 games. Lord didn't juct come in and replace Crouch. We lost what 7 games. Dailey didn't just come in and replace Lord. Well, you get the picture. I think we're going to struggle next year primarily because the QB will have no experience. Frazier, Berringer, and to some extent Frost spoiled us. Even in 96', Frost had some bumps along the way replacing Frazier and Berringer. We're going to lose a/some games next year.

ganz and taylor both stepped in with no experience and were fine.

Oh really? What was our record last year with Ganz as the starting QB? Considering 2004 was one of the biggest flops in NU history, I would hope the QB that stepped in could do a better job.

I guessed on another board this year 9-4 with the bowl game.

As for next year and still thinking it's too early to tell, I think we should still be pretty similar even with a new QB taking the helm. I think Bo will bring these kids back and get them going quickly and will have a new QB ready by the time we roll into Blacksburg next season. Only time will tell of course, and it's fun to guess.

For several years, Nebraska hasn't really had much luck just "plugging" in a new QB. This all started back a decade ago. Crouch and Newcombe didn't just come in and replace Frost. We lost what 4 games. Lord didn't juct come in and replace Crouch. We lost what 7 games. Dailey didn't just come in and replace Lord. Well, you get the picture. I think we're going to struggle next year primarily because the QB will have no experience. Frazier, Berringer, and to some extent Frost spoiled us. Even in 96', Frost had some bumps along the way replacing Frazier and Berringer. We're going to lose a/some games next year.

ganz and taylor both stepped in with no experience and were fine.

Oh really? What was our record last year with Ganz as the starting QB? Considering 2004 was one of the biggest flops in NU history, I would hope the QB that stepped in could do a better job.

there were many reasons for us losing those 2 games.... and joe ganz is at the bottom of the list