Colorado Game

also, scout is reporting that :star CB Dejon Gomes a 6'1" 190lbs 4.41 JUCO from CC of San Fransico is planning a visit to us for the Colorado game.

:frenchy 1 * JUCO. And we want this guy because.......?

Cause Rivals has him as :star :star :star 5.6, but Nebraska may or may not take him based on results with other recruits.

Oh, k, well I just saw the one star there in the post. I dunno, weren't Murillo and Assante 3 star JUCOs?

I'm basically tired of JUCOs in general, unless it is as certain as possible the guy is going to be great.

If we are ever going to compete with OU or TX, though, we're going to have to do better all the way around rgdg recruiting. The 3 star path isn't going to cut it, IMO.

also, scout is reporting that :star CB Dejon Gomes a 6'1" 190lbs 4.41 JUCO from CC of San Fransico is planning a visit to us for the Colorado game.

Cause Rivals has him as :star :star :star 5.6, but Nebraska may or may not take him based on results with other recruits.

Oh, k, well I just saw the one star there in the post. I dunno, weren't Murillo and Assante 3 star JUCOs?

I'm basically tired of JUCOs in general, unless it is as certain as possible the guy is going to be great.

They were both 4 star players..

BTW Brandon Kinnie will be here this weekend . Very well could commit. His size and speed remind me of Mo Purify...

They were both 4 star players..

BTW Brandon Kinnie will be here this weekend . Very well could commit. His size and speed remind me of Mo Purify...

Well, Murillo 'underachieved'. Assante's a bust as far as I'm concerned. No way he's a 4 star player, maybe 2.

Is Kinnie a JUCO? Also, what's the latest with that McBurse guy?

Kinnie is a juco 3 to play 2. Likely to commit. We win big and we should fill the class very soon.

Mcburse situation has been very quiet as he is starting to get alot of interest.

Yea, thanks, I looked Kinnie up on Rivals. So far we have no WR commits which seems odd to me since we can be considered a passing team now.

I wonder what's going on with that Hetzer JUCO TE we brought in from Cali...he broke his leg last spring...he musta redshirted. Guy is 6'6".

If we are ever going to compete with OU or TX, though, we're going to have to do better all the way around rgdg recruiting. The 3 star path isn't going to cut it, IMO.

Star ratings are overrated IMO. Not saying I dont want 4* or 5* guys at Nebraska, but stars arent everything. Look at Oklahoma, with all the success they're having they should be having no problem recruiting but 13 out of their current 19 commits are 3*, as was pointed out in another thread. IMO a big part of that is not b/c of recruiting trouble but b/c Bob Stoops is looking for guys who fit his system without regards to their rivals star ranking.

Basically my point is that just because most of our recruits are 3* doesnt mean its a bad class, lets wait for them to take the field before deciding if its a good or bad class.

Kinnie is a juco 3 to play 2. Likely to commit. We win big and we should fill the class very soon.

Mcburse situation has been very quiet as he is starting to get alot of interest.

Yea, thanks, I looked Kinnie up on Rivals. So far we have no WR commits which seems odd to me since we can be considered a passing team now.

I wonder what's going on with that Hetzer JUCO TE we brought in from Cali...he broke his leg last spring...he musta redshirted. Guy is 6'6".

Hetzer was 2-2.

I don't think he has even played this year, but I will need to check the participation reports. Even if he hasn't, I doubt they would milk it for a medical RS. Too many TE's on the roster and most of them are young. It's basically giving away a scholarship to keep him around for another year when he isn't likely to unseat any of the players we already have.

Hetzer was 2-2.

I don't think he has even played this year, but I will need to check the participation reports. Even if he hasn't, I doubt they would milk it for a medical RS. Too many TE's on the roster and most of them are young. It's basically giving away a scholarship to keep him around for another year when he isn't likely to unseat any of the players we already have.

yea, I think Hetzer is pretty green as a fb player, but Cali wanted a tall TE.

Star ratings are overrated IMO. Not saying I dont want 4* or 5* guys at Nebraska, but stars arent everything. Look at Oklahoma, with all the success they're having they should be having no problem recruiting but 13 out of their current 19 commits are 3*, as was pointed out in another thread. IMO a big part of that is not b/c of recruiting trouble but b/c Bob Stoops is looking for guys who fit his system without regards to their rivals star ranking.

Basically my point is that just because most of our recruits are 3* doesnt mean its a bad class, lets wait for them to take the field before deciding if its a good or bad class.

You are right, 3 star guys make up the majority of recruits in cfb. Perfect example of star rating problems is Helu(3 star?) vs Lucky(5 star?). Helu is a much better back. I still would say NE has to get more 4-5 star guys. There are always some people that say, "star rating make no difference at all, it's all heart", etc. but I dare any team to take a bunch of 1-2 star guys and go play OU, TX, FL, USC, yada yada....

There's also the scenario where a bunch of really good players are going to go under the radar of the the rating services.

It looks to me like OU goes for a particularly type of player for sure--a particular body type. They all seem TALL, and run like gazelles. All FAST and very athletic. Excellent physiques. Difference makers, or at least they make them into difference makers. I think they just coach the heck out of them, but they all look like five star guys to me.

Their '09 class is currently #15. NE about #42(?), as per Rivals. I think it makes a difference, the ratings usually show the best teams having the highest rated classes. ND is the big exception to that rule as their team play does not reflect their recruiting rankings. GO FIG! :sarcasm

Of course there also vast differences in the ratings between Rivals and Scout. For instance I believe Crabtree at TT was a :star :star on one service and :star :star :star :star on the other. Now that low rating might have been due to other factors besides talent, prehaps the likelihood of qualifying. :dunno

FWIW I know this does affect the ratings of a few of the Nebraska commits. So I won't be surprised if 2 or 3 guys don't make it come August (that's one of the reason Nebraska will take extra), but if they do make it, the talent level will be greater than the star ratings indicate.