Colorado Game

Another factor is the evaluation period. Many of the top rated recruits have played for their high schools varsity team for some time and also camped several places over the summer and some even camped between soph and junior years. The recruiting services have all kinds of info and film on them.

Now guys who are just starting their senior year don't have much film to look at and are even at the mercy of their coaches or high school staffs to put together highlight films to send out. At least one of the JUCO recruits visiting noted that with staffing turnover his senior year, tapes never got sent out, so he kind of got lost in the recruiting process.

Anyway, here are the services explanations for their ratings:

Scout

ABOUT OUR PLAYER EVALUATIONS Scout.com's player evaluations are made by our team of Recruiting Experts, who attend off-season combines and camps on college campuses, go to hundreds of games, and review miles of game film. Starting in June each year, the Scout.com recruiting staff makes monthly updates to our consensus player rankings.

Rivals

Probably the most important ranking will be the player's numerical and star ranking on a national level. Not only will the player be rated quantitatively, he'll also be ranked qualitatively. The top players at each position will be ranked at his position from one to 100 and also will be ranked with stars from five stars being the best to one star meaning not ranked.

Junior college prospects are not ranked with the high school players like they were in the old Rivals.com rankings. However, the junior college players are ranked numerically with the other junior college prospects in order from one to 50 at this point. They are also ranked by stars and do count in the team rankings – so teams that do recruit heavily on the junior college level will get rewarded for landing quality players just like they would with high school prospects.

Oku would have to come as an unofficial visitor. He already had his official visit at Nebraska when we played Virginia Tech.

Same deal if Latu Heimuli is able to make the game. He already visited before but might make an unofficial, but I am not Rivals subscriber so I can't read the post about it here.

I think our unofficial visitor list may be more impressive than our official visitor list if everything falls right for us. Still a few guys out there who have visits up in the air.

Oku would have to come as an unofficial visitor. He already had his official visit at Nebraska when we played Virginia Tech.

Same deal if Latu Heimuli is able to make the game. He already visited before but might make an unofficial, but I am not Rivals subscriber so I can't read the post about it here.

I think our unofficial visitor list may be more impressive than our official visitor list if everything falls right for us. Still a few guys out there who have visits up in the air.

Who all are we potentially getting here unofficially?