A few thoughts and questions about Callahan...

A few rambling thoughts about Callahan and some what ifs...

1. If we had beaten Texas in Lincoln in 2006, or Austin in 2007, would he still be our coach right now?

2. What was the "last straw" game that broke Billy's back?

3. What would our record be right now if Billy was coach?

4. I wonder what he thinks about NU now?

5. What was his fatal flaw (if you could just name one thing)

Here are my answers:

1. Quite possibly

2. Oklahoma State 2007

3. One less win than right now

4. I bet he tries to forget about it, though I bet he watches NU

5. Obstinence. Trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Knowing full well you don't have the personnel to run a WCO, yet you run it anyway, even if it means you get blown out 70-10.

I don't think it would have mattered if they would have beat Texas. The only way he would have kept his job is if Pud wouldn't have got fired. T.O. was brought in to weed Billy C and his boys out so nothing except for maybe firing Cosgrove would have saved him. Alright if they would have won out maybe he would still have a job.

I'm sure he still pays attention to NU. He did recruit most of these players and whether people on here like it or not a lot he had a relationship with those guys.

His biggest flaw was not accepting the fact that a lot of fans and players hated him from the get go. He made the mistake of trying to run his own system, the system he knows and not catering to the masses on doing things the "Nebraska Way". He also was hired by Pud so that was a huge flaw as well.

1. If we had beaten Texas in Lincoln in 2006, or Austin in 2007, would he still be our coach right now?

Here are my answers:

1. Quite possibly

2. Oklahoma State 2007

5. Obstinence. Trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Knowing full well you don't have the personnel to run a WCO, yet you run it anyway, even if it means you get blown out 70-10.

i have only one comment...........WHY??? :madash

Here are my answers:

1. Quite possibly

2. Oklahoma State 2007

1. No, I think it would have taken more. Being competitive against USC last year and being bowl eligible might have saved him or given him a bit more time.

2. Ball State. The nailbighter and then the onslaught that followed killed him.

3. I would say 2 less than right now primarily because he never won a game when trailing at halftime. With the way the team laid down after halftime last year, we more than likely would have lost the Baylor game this year and the Kansas game.

4. The only time he thinks about NU is when he counts all his money.

5. Fitting square pegs into round holes seems to be the norm. Look at Michigan right now. I think what did him in was his inability to make changes during the games. When other teams took things away from us, he just continued to keep doing the same old thing. What did it for me was in 2004 during the TT game when he puts a freshman in there to keep throwing up ducks.

Now, if you really want to get to the biggest what if of them all: what if Nebraska wins the NC in 2001? Is Solich still our HC?

Callahan was "done" in my book when he let the team get their a**es handed to them in Lubbock on that fateful night. The was an unforgivable sin in my book and a complete embarrassment to the university, the city of Lincoln, the state of Nebraska, and, what the heck, the whole world.

As for Frankie, yes, had he won the Rose Bowl, he would be our coach right now.

My luck on attending NU games hasn't been so good lately. Here are my last ones:

2008 - NU at OU - need I say more?

2007 - USC at NU - need I say more?

2006 - Texas at NU - we should have won this

2004 - KU at NU - we barely won

2004 - NU at Tech - need I say more?

2002 - Rose Bowl - need I say more?

Just figuring in my head quickly, my last 6 Nebraska games, the score has been in the neighborhood of:

Opponents: 286

NU: 130

I'm a bad omen for the 'Skers.