Better Bowl

Aboud a dozen topics on this already but as far as bowls go. Which would be better for NU to have and who against. If i were to think out loud i would say alamo bowl against iowa. Why, I think both teams would travel well to the alamo bowl, its a respectable bowl and Iowa cant seem to score over 25pts per game. Weve done it 10 times. Just curious on which bowl you folks thought would be better for the program and which opponent would be as well.

I just hate having to go down to Florida and play a Florida team - that is like they are getting a home game, which isn't really a level playing field for us to begin with. I would rather see the Alamo Bowl against Iowa, neutral site. The bowl committees in Florida are giving home games to home schools. If they can do that, we should just have our own bowl in KC or Denver and make sure a Big 12 school is in it every year.

I think the Florida schools should have to travel just like everyone else.

I would love to see an Alamo Bowl matchup between the Huskers and Hawkeyes!

HuskerJosh, I've lived in Des Moines now for 8 years, after 24 years born and raised in Omaha. I am a devoted Husker fan, and proudly take heat for it here in Iowa. Being a resident, I can tell you that Iowa is a good football team. They do not, as you put it "suck". They never get the talented recruits that the Ohio States and Michigan teams do, but they have the coaching to make up for it. They may have 4 losses this year, but each one was by 3 points.and most were lost at the end of the game. This Iowa team could very easily be undefeated and they did beat the #3 team in the country.(Fluke or no fluke...it's something we haven't done in a very long time) In fact, they have easily beaten more top 25 teams in the last several years than we have. I've been here, I've seen it, I know. People under-estimating them is exactly why they are able to win big games. We are only just starting to play well again, so don't get on your high horse just yet. Show them some respect.

Notre Dame??? Are you serious?? Do your research Josh!

Although I do believe that the Big 12 is far superior when it comes to offensive output, the Hawkeyes pride themselves on hard-nosed defense....and defense wins games. We all know what the Big 12 "m.o" this year has been....allow points, and just score more points than the other team. OU does it. UT does it. NU does it. I think it would be a great game against a solid team. Potent offense vs. gritty defense! (Oh and by the way, they have the best RB in the country by far. 100 yds+ in every game this year)

Beyond that, I think it would be fun to have a border matchup. Think of how many people grew up in one state, and now live/work in the next? There are tons of Husker fans at my office here in Des Moines, and undoubtedly there are the same types of things going on around cities and towns in Nebraska. The Iowa fans travel very well, and are good fans when it comes to sportsmanship.

Lets give them some respect and hope for a chance to get friends and family together for a rare bowl game border battle!

Bo Big Red!

Yeah I understand we'd have to play Miami in Tallahassee but Nebraska vs. Iowa doesn't have that pop with the national media that Nebraska vs. Miami would have... or even Nebraska vs. Florida State which is another possibility.

We'd get more media mileage out of the gator bowl matchups than anything else. Similar to the mileage we got out of the Michigan bowl game two years ago... except magnified by being a New Years game and people already saying Miami is "back". Beating the U on New Years on National TV would be a great coming out party leading into what should be a relatively easy schedule next year with a very young team.

gator bowl would be nice..new year's day bowl but we'll probably being playing a florida team. it'll be like another home game to them...alamo bowl might not be as attractive as far as national perception but we'll get a chance to play a big ten team...and we all hate the big ten...there's nothing better than getting a chance to beat a big ten team....maybe we might even get to play michigan :rollin:rollin:rollin

I would love to see an Alamo Bowl matchup between the Huskers and Hawkeyes!

HuskerJosh, I've lived in Des Moines now for 8 years, after 24 years born and raised in Omaha. I am a devoted Husker fan, and proudly take heat for it here in Iowa. Being a resident, I can tell you that Iowa is a good football team. They do not, as you put it "suck". They never get the talented recruits that the Ohio States and Michigan teams do, but they have the coaching to make up for it. They may have 4 losses this year, but each one was by 3 points.and most were lost at the end of the game. This Iowa team could very easily be undefeated and they did beat the #3 team in the country.(Fluke or no fluke...it's something we haven't done in a very long time) In fact, they have easily beaten more top 25 teams in the last several years than we have. I've been here, I've seen it, I know. People under-estimating them is exactly why they are able to win big games. We are only just starting to play well again, so don't get on your high horse just yet. Show them some respect.

Notre Dame??? Are you serious?? Do your research Josh!

Although I do believe that the Big 12 is far superior when it comes to offensive output, the Hawkeyes pride themselves on hard-nosed defense....and defense wins games. We all know what the Big 12 "m.o" this year has been....allow points, and just score more points than the other team. OU does it. UT does it. NU does it. I think it would be a great game against a solid team. Potent offense vs. gritty defense! (Oh and by the way, they have the best RB in the country by far. 100 yds+ in every game this year)

Beyond that, I think it would be fun to have a border matchup. Think of how many people grew up in one state, and now live/work in the next? There are tons of Husker fans at my office here in Des Moines, and undoubtedly there are the same types of things going on around cities and towns in Nebraska. The Iowa fans travel very well, and are good fans when it comes to sportsmanship.

Lets give them some respect and hope for a chance to get friends and family together for a rare bowl game border battle!

Bo Big Red!

Lot of talented recruits at Michigan right now? All of that propaganda you just spewed for Iowa ignores one thing

THE ENTIRE LITTLE 11 SUCKS. Period. They are all overrated, and you will see it even more when bowl season starts. They all suck, including Iowa. I'm being completely honest here, I think PSU would be about 6th or 7th in the Big 12. They are too slow, way too slow. The entire conference is too slow.

Think about it, do you really think they could handle any of these:

Texas Tech-I'd like to see what Michael Crabtree would do to Penn St's defense, ha

Texas-come on, the DL run sub 4.6 40s

Oklahoma-this is probably the best team in the country, honestly

Oklahoma St-still, too much speed

Missouri-two words Jeremy Maclin

Nebraska-Here's where you get to close games. PSU could win, but it is a toss up IMO.

Kansas-I think KU could give 'em a game, but unlikely

The rest of the B12 would probably lose to them

Think about that. The class of the Little 11 would be a middle of the road team in this conference. That is why Iowa does suck.

travel well to the alamo bowl, its a respectable bowl and Iowa cant seem to score over 25pts per game. Weve done it 10 times.

That's cuz NU and Iowa haven't played yet.

Let's hope they meet in a bowl!! Maybe NU could be the first to keep Shonn Greene UNDER 100 yards, he averages 144.

Maybe.

But Iowa needs to somehow beat minnesota at home. Tough game. I dougbt the hawks pull it off. But then I said they'd probably lose to purdue. Kirk tried to blow the game.

BEAT CU!!

Think about that. The class of the Little 11 would be a middle of the road team in this conference. That is why Iowa does suck.

Uh... I hate to break the news to you, but

pssst... <whisper> The best team in the north (MU) is nearly a middle of road team in the B12. </whisper>

they murdelated NU, using your "logic", does that mean nu sucks??

:dumdum

Iowa/nu may be a closer matchup than you realize.

BEAT CU!!

Best bowl would be the Gator because it is more prestigious being on New Years day. It is an outside chance now but if USC smokes Notre Dame it might happen. While unfair they probably would place Florida State or Miami as the opponent. Of course if they want tickets sold it will be Florida State because Miami fans won't cross the street to watch their team.