One Complete Game

Zaimejs

My wish for the last game of the season is to play one complete game on both sides of the ball.

An interception for a touch down is no way to start a game, and we've done it 2/3 games. Fumbles, penalties, miscues. And the inevitable Big Play™ given up by our defense for a score. 95 yard kick off return? Why not.

When we play Colorado, I don't care what the score is. I just want to see us hold on to the ball, avoid stupid penalties, and allow Colorado to move the ball, but DO NOT GIVE UP A HUGE PLAY. Stay behind the receivers. Don't over-pursue. Contain.

This is my wish for next Saturday. A win will be nice, and it will definitely be a huge win if NU can follow my simple instructions.

I get what your saying....but we want to play fast and aggressive. When you play this way you are going to give up some big plays and have some mistakes. Don't get me wrong discipline is important, but honestly I love watching our guys fly around and try to make big plays themselves. I want a defense that is going to try and dictate what the offense does.....so much different from the CozandCally years.

I want to see us play a complete game too.....but I know I want us to play with reckless abandon and PASSION!!! :bonez:bonez

On the offensive side, we put the ball on the ground too much...but hopefully that department will continue to improve as well.......The one thing you can say about the KSU game is we rebounded from our mistakes and played fearless!

The defense is putting tons of pressure on the offense. Gave up 247 total yards to KSU. The defense only gave up 14 points, the TD by Freeman was a miracle throw and catch(West actually had good coverage). The other TD should not have been a TD(4th and goal stand). The ref blew the whistle before Coffman crossed the goal line, play should have been dead. The defense is playing with tremendous fire, the offense has been pretty explosive. I agree, the kick coverage has been suspect and the turnovers will hurt if they continue. This team is about 180 degrees from where they were against VT or in the first 3 games. The defense played with tremendous fire, I think they all want to keep those blackshirts.

I agree that we're playing better and with more passion. I just don't want to spot Colorado 14 points and have to come back. I want to see us drive down, score, and then have a 3 and out like we should.

We have the talent and ability to do this if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

I think your last statement is a bit contradiction. I think the reason they sometimes shoot themsleves in the foot is due to the talent level. Ganz is the perfect example of this. A tough, good QB, but not so good (a la a ebow or such), that he can just walk on the field and be the best player on it. Hence the crazy mistakes sometimes.

When they get the type of talent that was here in the 90's, you'll see the games more "perfectly" played.

The defense is putting tons of pressure on the offense. Gave up 247 total yards to KSU. The defense only gave up 14 points, the TD by Freeman was a miracle throw and catch(West actually had good coverage). The other TD should not have been a TD(4th and goal stand). The ref blew the whistle before Coffman crossed the goal line, play should have been dead. The defense is playing with tremendous fire, the offense has been pretty explosive. I agree, the kick coverage has been suspect and the turnovers will hurt if they continue. This team is about 180 degrees from where they were against VT or in the first 3 games. The defense played with tremendous fire, I think they all want to keep those blackshirts.

Exactly, take away that 60+ yard "beautiful" pass by Freeman and you have exactly what this game was by our D, an A$% WHOOPING!!!!

I've got no problems right now at all.

The guys are playing hard and with heart - didn't happen last season.

Everybody is running to the ball - didn't happen last season.

People - coaches and players - are accepting responsibility - didn't happen last season.

I'm looking forward to a better Husker future - last season........was cruel....I'm so sorry for the guys playing under the former management. Imagine their different experience at NU under Bo~

Go Big Red

RiverRunner

J U S T W I N B A B Y ! ! ! !

The good thing about negative aspects in a game...it makes you realize that you aren't just going to win without doing what you need to do, and make you hustle to do your job. So negatives aren't all bad, as long as you have a bigger number on the scoreboard than they do.