Helmet to Helmet?

I knew it!!!!!!!!!! he just hit him so damn hard it looked like it was helmet to helmet.

I agree, it was such a violent collision that the stripes felt there just "had" to be something illegal about it, although there clearly was not. It was a pu&&y call plain and simple. It also led to one of the only two TDs KSUcks put up against our D yesterday. Mr. Bones is very happy with the Shirts today.

:yeah

The hit was so hard I think it is what eventually led to Freeman being taken out. But it was not a helmet to helmet. Might have hurt Freeman less if it was...

As far as I remember QBs are just another position on the football field. Man they are treating them like pampered primadonna's. If a QB takes a big hit, that's on the BLOCKERS not that the defender did anything wrong.

Ugh, these new QB protection rules take so much of the character away from football games. I thought every player taking the field new the risks and isn't it up to THEM to not take big hits? I mean you CAN throw the ball away before the defender gets to you, or roll out of the pocket, or blah.. shouldn't it be the blocksers and QBs responsibility to not allow big hits, and not the refs?

:bang the bones could have easily held KSUck to 21 or maybe 14 if had it not been for the down right trash officiating...did anyone else see the block in the back on the kick return?! holy moses that was ridiculous...the ref was to worried about getting his fat a** in gear to the endzone that he paid no attention...i guess 5 yards away is an understandable amount of distance to not have been able to see the block.... :sarcasm

isnt it possible that the helmets hit after the pic was taken? or that they had already hit and freemans head was in the process of snapping back?

I didnt agree with the call....I'm just saying

Isnt the rule to not lead with the head...???

or how about taking into account that he is what 6'7"..... its going to be hard for him not to make some contact with the helmet

Once again I was at a Watch Party with family and friends and about 250+ Husker fans. We invited the KSU alumi chapter to come to the party to share the game with us. They were very nice and polite people. All 12 or so. We had alot of jokes going back and fourth, between myself and the group of them. When this helmet to helmet shot was called, I said "WOW I didn't know KSU had enough money to pay the reffs". The one KSU fan, without missing a beat and laughing while he said "We fired our coach, we have a little left over" We all laughed pretty good at that one. Over all they were great fans and we all had fun watching the game.

GBR

I don't think so...

img8425dn9.jpg

You can see the members of the band in between the helmets of Freeman and Potter. Horrible call that could of cost us right before the half.

That photo is AFTER contact was made and Freeman's head is lashing back, creating the space. Just look at the film. Was definitely helmet to helmet.

Sorry, this is called football. He did NOT lower his head, lead with helmet, he did what we teach at the high school level, and that is "see what you hit".......and run through the tackle !!!!!! This was not malicious, cheap or illegal.....the only thing wrong is that he is the same height as Freeman, causing helmets to make contact.... Good hard, clean tackle, bad call !!!!!

Yeah, U are right, but they HAVE to call it if the helmets collide, which they did. No malice intented by Potter.