Senior Class

As senior day approaches I was thinking about the top quality guys that we will be losing. Has there been a class that has been through more junk then these guys? Has there been a class that has done more damage on the record book then these guys (Ganz, Swift, Lucky)? This is a total mixed bag of kids, there are the under appreciated (Lucky, Murtha, Murillo) the golden boys (Swift, Ganz) the Nebraska guys (Potter, Peterson, Wortman, Steinkuhler, Huff) the steady players (Slauson, Titchner, O’Leary) and we can’t forget about the suspended (Glenn).

This class contains 2 of my All Time favorite players in Lucky and Swift. I think Marlon has gotten a bad rap ever since he signed just because the recruiting sites marked him a 5 Star. I think people totally over look his accomplishments and if you ask me they do so because of the hype. Also I hope people realize how much we are going to miss Swift next year. This guy has been nothing but money his whole career and should go down as one of the best WR to ever play here.

I’m sure when the players are announced Ganz will get the biggest ovation and that is fine, he deserves it all. However I just hope people don’t forget about the rest of this class and exactly what they have done for this University (kind of like some have forgotten about what Zac Taylor meant) and all the crap that they have been through. They could have walked away when things went south but they didn’t they stuck it out, worked harder and laid the foundation for what is to come.

We as fans owe it to these seniors to give them the credit that they deserve. This team would not be what it is today if it wasn’t for them.

Todd Peterson will probably move into the top 5 in both receptions and yards for his career. This gets overlooked on occassion with the great things that Nate has done. Not trying to take away from what Nate has done, but Todd is going to be in the record book as well.

In addition, between the two of them, whoever finishes with the most catches this year (right now nate is ahead by about 4) they will set the single season reception record.

I think because of all the turmoil over the past few years some of these players didn't get the credit they deserved, maybe they got lost in the shuffle over the anger toward Pederson & Callahan, I don't know.

I have no doubt that the seniors will receive a nice send off and leave NU with a big win over CU.

As senior day approaches I was thinking about the top quality guys that we will be losing. Has there been a class that has been through more junk then these guys? Has there been a class that has done more damage on the record book then these guys (Ganz, Swift, Lucky)? This is a total mixed bag of kids, there are the under appreciated (Lucky, Murtha, Murillo) the golden boys (Swift, Ganz) the Nebraska guys (Potter, Peterson, Wortman, Steinkuhler, Huff) the steady players (Slauson, Titchner, O’Leary) and we can’t forget about the suspended (Glenn).

This class contains 2 of my All Time favorite players in Lucky and Swift. I think Marlon has gotten a bad rap ever since he signed just because the recruiting sites marked him a 5 Star. I think people totally over look his accomplishments and if you ask me they do so because of the hype. Also I hope people realize how much we are going to miss Swift next year. This guy has been nothing but money his whole career and should go down as one of the best WR to ever play here.

I’m sure when the players are announced Ganz will get the biggest ovation and that is fine, he deserves it all. However I just hope people don’t forget about the rest of this class and exactly what they have done for this University (kind of like some have forgotten about what Zac Taylor meant) and all the crap that they have been through. They could have walked away when things went south but they didn’t they stuck it out, worked harder and laid the foundation for what is to come.

We as fans owe it to these seniors to give them the credit that they deserve. This team would not be what it is today if it wasn’t for them.

Wow. I can't think of anything to add to that, very well put.

At least these seniors will end on a high note, a bowl game. The seniors I felt the most sorry for were last year because of the way the season went down and all the things that happened during the season (Pud fired) and after the season (Clownahan fired). I'd say the seniors last year were the ones that got the shaft just because of all the things that happened during and after the season and then how the season ended by getting throttled by CU.

well put everyone.

however last years seniors I think should shoulder some of the responsibility for what happened to them. I overwhelmingly agree their attitude and performance were a result of their coaching, but they could've rallied around each other and those supporting them to grind it out.

We see this yr's class as proof that most of these guys are upstanding young men who actually played FOR Nebraska and each other.

Wow. I can't think of anything to add to that, very well put.

Very well put indeed!!!!!!!

This group of men have shown tons of leadership by taking on adversity, keeping their heads up, doing what's been asked, excelling on the field , helping the underclassmen, and so on. They've been inspirational. These seniors ROCK!!!

Very well said :horns2

At least these seniors will end on a high note, a bowl game. The seniors I felt the most sorry for were last year because of the way the season went down and all the things that happened during the season (Pud fired) and after the season (Clownahan fired). I'd say the seniors last year were the ones that got the shaft just because of all the things that happened during and after the season and then how the season ended by getting throttled by CU.

:yeah I am glad that this years seniors are going to get to a bowl game... hopefully it can end on a even higher note and win a bowl game

Even though I am a Missouri fan I can respect the effort from the Players and Coaches. I've always liked NU even when Mizzou would lose by a stupid amount of points.

Please put a hurt on TT and Oklahoma next year! Even though we are in the Big Twelve North I think we all hate the south more.Spank them badly.

I was talking about this same thing last night with a friend of mine, and I don't think we realize yet how much we are going to be missing Peterson and Swift next year. I am in NO WAY trying to overlook the contributions of the rest of this class, but these two have been simply awesome this year. They have been absolutely clutch all year long. We've got some good receivers coming back, but these two - as players and leaders - are going to be sorely missed.

Good luck to, and God bless all the seniors. Thanks for everything.

GBR