Sun Bowl

While I hope that the Huskers end up going to the Gator or Alamo bowls, I am a little disappointed that the Sun Bowl seems to be the frontrunner. Not so much that it's a lower tier bowl, but that it's at noon on a Wednesday that I am assuming most people have to work on. Unfortunately, commerce will not stop for a football game, even here in Lincoln. Unless you DVR the game, the only audience that this game will reach will be people watching Sportcenter for the highlights of the game. I don't think this bowl helps Nebraska much as far as national exposure.

While I hope that the Huskers end up going to the Gator or Alamo bowls, I am a little disappointed that the Sun Bowl seems to be the frontrunner. Not so much that it's a lower tier bowl, but that it's at noon on a Wednesday that I am assuming most people have to work on. Unfortunately, commerce will not stop for a football game, even here in Lincoln. Unless you DVR the game, the only audience that this game will reach will be people watching Sportcenter for the highlights of the game. I don't think this bowl helps Nebraska much as far as national exposure.

Yeah, I don't like the Sun Bowl for the same reason. I really hope my office closes early that day!!

Yeah, I don't like the Sun Bowl for the same reason. I really hope my office closes early that day!!

I don't like the Sun bowl because they are having the village people perform at halftime. Seiously!! The village people!!?? ugh......

On the other hand, a big win over CU would get us a good look at the Alamo Bowl.

Damn, sounds like some folks need jobs with better vacation packages! Guess I should'nt take my four weeks paid, and week of the holidays time for granted.

Remember......when you say that most people won't be able to watch the game, what are your objectives

1. If it is to impress the voters (AP and coaches) they will watch the game anyway, that is their job

2. Recruiting....meaning High School and Juco football players...the game is on New Year's Eve and all

of the potential recruits will be on Christmas break so YES, the recruits can and will see the game. In

fact, this game will be the only one on tv, so any young football fan will absolutely be "tuned in". Heck,

if we are in the Gator (which is where we would all like), there is a less chance of recruits watching,

because of the time and conflicts with other big time bowls. Actually, the Sun is perfect for recruiting.

3. Now, if you objective is to impress "Joe the Plumber " in Alambama, then yes, the Sun Bowl slot is

a bad timing issue. A lot of "fans" of other teams will not get to watch, but in my book, the fans don't

vote or have already used up their eligibility.

It's all in the way you decide to look at it .

Remember......when you say that most people won't be able to watch the game, what are your objectives

1. If it is to impress the voters (AP and coaches) they will watch the game anyway, that is their job

2. Recruiting....meaning High School and Juco football players...the game is on New Year's Eve and all

of the potential recruits will be on Christmas break so YES, the recruits can and will see the game. In

fact, this game will be the only one on tv, so any young football fan will absolutely be "tuned in". Heck,

if we are in the Gator (which is where we would all like), there is a less chance of recruits watching,

because of the time and conflicts with other big time bowls. Actually, the Sun is perfect for recruiting.

3. Now, if you objective is to impress "Joe the Plumber " in Alambama, then yes, the Sun Bowl slot is

a bad timing issue. A lot of "fans" of other teams will not get to watch, but in my book, the fans don't

vote or have already used up their eligibility.

It's all in the way you decide to look at it .

:yeah

Being in West Texas, might even get a few kids from the area to attend.