Here is your history of the Big XII North fans:

HUSKER 37

They hate us too. Sux to be the second best school in a small midwestern state. Okie State, Iowa State, Colorado State, and Kansas State. Sorry you are the left over school boys. All are red-headed stepchildren to the main school in their state. Tough deal.

Too bad they didn't include themselves on that list...they don't have anything good to say about anyone, so they would fit in well.

Talk about someone being irrelevant...they need a serious reality check. They haven't been serious contenders ever, and they have the gall to talk about the other teams in their conference like they are beneath them? I was tempted to go on their board and flame this guy, but know it wouldn't do any good, and just get me banned. I hate stupid people.

Who or What is "Sal"

I believe he was a colorado player that died...tragically....and some NU fans (a looong time ago) showed NO CLASS and made a sign (bumper sticker) that made fun of the situation.....

I'm only 33, and you're making me feel very old right now. He died I believe in 1988 or 1989. He was somewhat immortalized after his death. It was kind of like the win one for the gipper. It is true that he knocked up the coach's daughter which I'm sure pissed off McCarney. However, he no qualms at all about using Sal's death to motivate his team.

It is true about the bumper stickers. The Husker faithful were way out of line there, and they did add fuel to an already burning fire. However, we aren't the ones who started the fire. McCartney himself is the one who threw the first match. He circled the date on the calendar for the game against NU and single handedly started the CU/NU rivalry.

The fact that most of it revolves around NU speaks volumes about their inferiority complex. We are the standard. They can bite me.

BAM, just what I was thinking when I was watching it.

Like someone above pointed out, the post is a bit old. We once were the standard, but now OU and Texas are the standard. Even Bo says we're trying to get like OU.