Notre Dame sucks

We talk about recruiting busts for NU, how about Jimmy Clausen???? I believe he said they were going to win or contend for 4 NC? How about try getting to a bowl game first!

:yeah

I really think this is where the NFL mentality has completely F'ed them. In the NFL, it's acceptable to start a rookie QB and let him take his lumps and (except for some very rare occasions) completely suck. You are working for year 3 or 4 when he's figured things out. You just can't do that in college football. A losing record will get you fired. Throw a guy out there before he is ready (and screw over the rest of the QBs that have been in your system for 2 years) and you get what you deserve.

Notre Dame is horrible. If they don't fire Weiss, they'll fire his entire staff. This has got to free up recruits. Who can Nebraska steal?

I recall Cierre Wood being a Nebraska recruit. Anyone else?

How about CB Marlon Pollard?

Not a bad idea. I don't see how Weiss can survive another mediocre season. If they don't win next year, he'll be out which means guys like Wood and Pollard are never going to see the field with this ND staff if they redshirt next year for example. Good idea...let's give these two a call! :woo

Ha ha ha

Gaffney enjoys time in South Bend

Running back Tyler Gaffney (San Diego, Calif./Cathedral) took his first official visit of the year this past weekend to Notre Dame.

Cathedral, ranked No. 11 in the state by CalHiSports.com, was idle this past weekend and Gaffney used the bye as an opportunity to check out one of his three finalists.

"It was a lot of fun," Gaffney said. "There's a certain energy you feel at Notre Dame that was pretty incredible. It didn't matter where I was, everywhere I went, I could just feel it there.

"The game was pretty crazy. The fans were throwing snowballs all game long, they must have thrown over a 100 of them. I saw some people getting arrested for hitting police officers, it was wild but they're passionate about football there, that's for sure.

"Dayne Crist was my host and he was real cool. He's a California guy and he told me he really likes it there and you can tell everyone feels the program is going in the right direction. They lost a lot of close games this year but I think they're close to turning things around."

Gaffney said he plans to take visits to USC and Stanford, his other finalists, after the season.

"This visit was great but I don't have anything to compare it to," Gaffney said. "I have USC (Dec. 12) and Stanford (Jan. 9). If were still playing and have a shot at playing for a state championship, I'll have to move that visit to USC back a little."

OTOH maybe we don't want the kind of guys impressed with this clown. How the crap is he able to recruit? By showing off his NFL resume. He struck-out big time with Pryor:

The guy who once boasted he "could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow" strolled into Jeannette High School in the spring of 2007 to recruit superstar quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

Jeannette coach Ray Reitz knew a bit about Charlies Weis and his reputation. Still, he was stunned by what he describes as a level of conceit he never had seen from the dozens of college coaches he had visited with over the years.

Weis certainly made a lasting impression.

"Arrogant as hell," Reitz said.

When Reitz told Weis that Pryor might attend a USC quarterbacks camp, he remembers Weis replying: "Why send him there? If he's with me for one day he'll be good, two days he'll be great and three days he'll be incredible."

Later, unprompted, Weis asked the Jeannette coaches if they wanted to take a picture of his Super Bowl ring. "I did it, just to be polite, and then gave [the picture] to one of the kids," Reitz recalled.

When Weis visited Pryor's school in 2007, Reitz recalled, he said that if Pryor couldn't cut it at quarterback, "we'll use him on the outside."

No other school introduced the idea that Pryor might play receiver.

"Here's the best part," Reitz recalled. "He says to Terrelle: 'Call me tomorrow at 6. I'll be watching where Brady Quinn gets drafted.' "

Pryor never called. He chose Ohio State.

Oh and about that stellar recruiting:

Weis' supporters point to his extensive charity work with his daughter's foundation and his supposedly stellar recruiting.

Rivals.com ranked his 2006 class eighth nationally. The 28-man class does not have one great player. Seven are no longer on the roster, including last season's original starting quarterback, Demetrius Jones. An eighth, tight end Will Yeatman, has been shelved by legal issues.

OTOH maybe we don't want the kind of guys impressed with this clown. How the crap is he able to recruit? By showing off his NFL resume. He struck-out big time with Pryor:

The guy who once boasted he "could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow" strolled into Jeannette High School in the spring of 2007 to recruit superstar quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

Jeannette coach Ray Reitz knew a bit about Charlies Weis and his reputation. Still, he was stunned by what he describes as a level of conceit he never had seen from the dozens of college coaches he had visited with over the years.

Weis certainly made a lasting impression.

"Arrogant as hell," Reitz said.

When Reitz told Weis that Pryor might attend a USC quarterbacks camp, he remembers Weis replying: "Why send him there? If he's with me for one day he'll be good, two days he'll be great and three days he'll be incredible."

Later, unprompted, Weis asked the Jeannette coaches if they wanted to take a picture of his Super Bowl ring. "I did it, just to be polite, and then gave [the picture] to one of the kids," Reitz recalled.

When Weis visited Pryor's school in 2007, Reitz recalled, he said that if Pryor couldn't cut it at quarterback, "we'll use him on the outside."

No other school introduced the idea that Pryor might play receiver.

"Here's the best part," Reitz recalled. "He says to Terrelle: 'Call me tomorrow at 6. I'll be watching where Brady Quinn gets drafted.' "

Pryor never called. He chose Ohio State.

Wow...what a brutal article about Weis. There is no doubt this clown is gone from ND...over under is 2 years.