Gilmore to interview for HC job at Wyoming

HuskerRob

we better pay him to make him stay

Definitely would not push for him to stay. If he wants to stay, more power to him. But I wouldn't open the pocket book for him or twist his arm either.

is he not that good of a coach?

i only say this because staff continuity is so important in these times. can you imagine the huskers without all the famous assistants not staying?

Definitely would not push for him to stay. If he wants to stay, more power to him. But I wouldn't open the pocket book for him or twist his arm either.

I sort of feel the same way. Wouldn't like to see him go, but if that's where he wants to be then best of luck.

I'm just worried about any negative effects, due to his position as recruiting coordinator.

i only say this because staff continuity is so important in these times. can you imagine the huskers without all the famous assistants not staying?

He's not a bad coach, but he isn't the type of coach you would bust your nuts to save either. He isn't the same as Watson was last year when we had to do the right things to make sure he didn't go anywhere.

It doesn't really matter anyway if we did pony up. With the lack of African-American head coaches, him getting an opportunity to be a HC and it being at his alma mater will likely pull him away if he gets the job offer.

Not sure how I feel....since he is one of the recruiters, it would be hard to see him go to hurt chances of signing guys, but since he did play there he might get a chance.

He's at recruiting coordinator for a reason, hint, hint-nudge-nudge (he's not very good at recruiting, at NU or CU)...............I'm like others here with the staff continuity, but it would be great for him and NU if he got the job at his alma mater, more black head coaches in CFB is a good thing. With saying that, and IF he gets the job, would love to see Bo go out and hire a recruiting ACE like a K. Steele or Boo Blake. We need one bad on this staff. Eckler and Watson are the closest things we have, but we need another.

He's not a bad coach, but he isn't the type of coach you would bust your nuts to save either. He isn't the same as Watson was last year when we had to do the right things to make sure he didn't go anywhere.

It doesn't really matter anyway if we did pony up. With the lack of African-American head coaches, him getting an opportunity to be a HC and it being at his alma mater will likely pull him away if he gets the job offer.

that's not necessarily true...money talks. it might be a dream job for him, but there are other things for him to consider. maybe his family likes it here and doesn't want to move again unless it's for something better than wyoming. but as much as he's moved around as a coordinator and assistant, i'd say that he'd probably be as good as gone if he got the offer.

that's not necessarily true...money talks. it might be a dream job for him, but there are other things for him to consider. maybe his family likes it here and doesn't want to move again unless it's for something better than wyoming. but as much as he's moved around as a coordinator and assistant, i'd say that he'd probably be as good as gone if he got the offer.

Money means jack when you are getting an offer to be a D1 head coach. Especially being a WRs coach getting an opportunity to be a head guy. Even more when you are an African American getting the chance when the opportunities are few and far between for them. And lets be real -- how many head coaching gigs will Gilmore get an offer at in his career? This is a real chance for him.

Put all that together with this being his alma mater and I would be stunned if he stayed if he was presented the opportunity.