Gilmore to interview for HC job at Wyoming

HuskerRob

Just remember two other coaches on this staff have wr coaching experience Ron Brown and Beck. If he leaves will this team be worse off?

yeah...they could just switch over and we could get an ace recruiter to fill the other spot

is there a list online that lists the top cfb recruiters?

Stan Drayton was almost hired by Bo last season when Beck was brought in. With Fulmer retiring at Tennessee, and if Gilmore is hired at Wyoming, I would love to see Bo hire S. Drayton. That guy had recruited many of Tennesses' star commitment and J. Giles was going to UT because of him. Giles is visiting NU this week, maybe they get reunited-one can hope. Drayton is a great recruiter.

Stan Drayton RB Coach at UT

2146408.jpeg

that would be orgasmic. wasn't drayton at florida before tenn?

Stan Drayton was almost hired by Bo last season when Beck was brought in. With Fulmer retiring at Tennessee, and if Gilmore is hired at Wyoming, I would love to see Bo hire S. Drayton. That guy had recruited many of Tennesses' star commitment and J. Giles was going to UT because of him. Giles is visiting NU this week, maybe they get reunited-one can hope. Drayton is a great recruiter.

2146408.jpeg

Excellent Thinking. Beck may not be quite ready yet for WR, maybe shuffle Brown back to WR, Beck to TE, Drayton at RB. I like the sounds of that........

Report: Wyoming plans to interview Gilmore

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Within hours of Sunday’s announcement that Lincoln native Joe Glenn had been fired as Wyoming football coach, Husker wide receivers coach Ted Gilmore’s name surfaced as a possible candidate to fill the vacancy at his alma mater.

Rivals.com reported that Gilmore, who played receiver for Wyoming in 1988-89 and later coached there, will interview with the school’s president and athletic director Tuesday.

Gilmore could not be reached for comment Sunday. The Huskers were scheduled to practice, but there was no media availability.

The 41-year-old Gilmore got his coaching start as a graduate assistant at Wyoming from 1994-96, then was a full-time assistant the next two years.

He joined Bill Callahan’s NU staff in 2005 after stints at Kansas, Houston, Purdue and Colorado. He was one of two coaches — offensive coordinator Shawn Watson being the other — retained by Bo Pelini when he took over at Nebraska in December.

Aside from his duties as a receivers coach, Gilmore also is assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator for the Huskers.

2146408.jpeg

Excellent Thinking. Beck may not be quite ready yet for WR, maybe shuffle Brown back to WR, Beck to TE, Drayton at RB. I like the sounds of that........

Now now now.

YOu guys are trying to fix something that's not broken.

2146408.jpeg

Now now now.

YOu guys are trying to fix something that's not broken.

I agree. People don’t give this guy enough credit for the job he has done with the WR’s. Take Todd Peterson walk-on and you can just see how he has gotten better every single year he has been here. Swift has improved every year with Gilmore and so has Holt. The guy can coach.

People are so easy to praise some coaches on this staff for the job they have done with kids but totally shove Gilmore to the side like he does nothing. Once again I think this has to do with the fact that he was brought in by Billy C. so even if they won’t admit it they still hold that against him.

I personally hope he leaves. And maybe it's for selfish reasons. The earlier post, "is he interviewing because he is black" is a moronic statement. But I digress.

I have always felt we needed to get some coaches who wanted to be here. Not use this program as a stepping stone. I have always felt with the previous staff, that they would all bolt to bigger and better things. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not nebraska. How many times did you hear of Ozzy's assistants, or even Solich's going for greener pastures? My thought is, you have to have stability in College football right now and it starts with the coaching staff. Stoops has done a helluva job coaching even though his assistants leave year after year. I just think having coaches around for a long time solidified our program amongst the elite. Anyways, Coach Brown has done a damn good job coaching receivers over the years. He can handle it.

Just my thoughts.

One last thing.....if you think Watson is going to stay around much longer....think again.