Gilmore to interview for HC job at Wyoming

HuskerRob

that's not necessarily true...money talks. it might be a dream job for him, but there are other things for him to consider. maybe his family likes it here and doesn't want to move again unless it's for something better than wyoming. but as much as he's moved around as a coordinator and assistant, i'd say that he'd probably be as good as gone if he got the offer.

Money means jack when you are getting an offer to be a D1 head coach. Especially being a WRs coach getting an opportunity to be a head guy. Even more when you are an African American getting the chance when the opportunities are few and far between for them. And lets be real -- how many head coaching gigs will Gilmore get an offer at in his career? This is a real chance for him.

Put all that together with this being his alma mater and I would be stunned if he stayed if he was presented the opportunity.

hey...i understand everything you're saying. but don't assume.

that's not necessarily true...money talks. it might be a dream job for him, but there are other things for him to consider. maybe his family likes it here and doesn't want to move again unless it's for something better than wyoming. but as much as he's moved around as a coordinator and assistant, i'd say that he'd probably be as good as gone if he got the offer.

Money means jack when you are getting an offer to be a D1 head coach. Especially being a WRs coach getting an opportunity to be a head guy. Even more when you are an African American getting the chance when the opportunities are few and far between for them. And lets be real -- how many head coaching gigs will Gilmore get an offer at in his career? This is a real chance for him.

Put all that together with this being his alma mater and I would be stunned if he stayed if he was presented the opportunity.

hey...i understand everything you're saying. but don't assume.

Are you not assuming as well? :)

What's with this hate? Gilmore's a good coach, isn't he? you hope he leaves? come on, man.

It sounds like he's a goner though, if they offer him the job. I wonder how this will affect our recruiting.

Who is hating?

With some people it's almost like if you don't bow down at the feet of a coach or player you are 'hating'.

Good for Gilmore. Any time your team's assistants become head coaches, it does nothing but good for the program. Bob Stoops has a number of assistants now head men. It makes getting the best assistants easier too.

Most of the coaches who are considered great, have huge lists of head coaches off their staffs.

What's with this hate? Gilmore's a good coach, isn't he? you hope he leaves? come on, man.

It sounds like he's a goner though, if they offer him the job. I wonder how this will affect our recruiting.

There's no hate here, and I don't think it affects recruiting at all since he's not actively recruiting anyone. From an active/sales recruiting stand point he was a poor recruiter at CU and at NU. You didn't hear the buff fans cry when he was let go on the recruiting front.

He may do very well as a HC in Wyomming with his ties to the Kansas jucos as long as he hires a staff that can recruit.

If the REAL Cowboys take him as the HC, I honestly think Bo needs to hire a stud ace recruiter from the Tennesse staff, like their RB coach for example. Or someone similar that knows what it takes to get the blue chippers.

Just remember two other coaches on this staff have wr coaching experience Ron Brown and Beck. If he leaves will this team be worse off?

yeah...they could just switch over and we could get an ace recruiter to fill the other spot

is there a list online that lists the top cfb recruiters?

Stan Drayton was almost hired by Bo last season when Beck was brought in. With Fulmer retiring at Tennessee, and if Gilmore is hired at Wyoming, I would love to see Bo hire S. Drayton. That guy had recruited many of Tennesses' star commitment and J. Giles was going to UT because of him. Giles is visiting NU this week, maybe they get reunited-one can hope. Drayton is a great recruiter.

Stan Drayton RB Coach at UT

2146408.jpeg

I'm just worried about any negative effects, due to his position as recruiting coordinator.

I think he's a pretty good coach, but would more than understand him leaving to take the job as the HC at Wyoming. Best of luck to him :thumbs

If he does decide to leave, let's go get Mr. Stan Drayton :cheers