Score by quarters this season

papersun87

Found this on USAToday.com:

Q1	Q2   Q3   Q4
Nebraska:  84   113   58   139
Opponent:  99	83   79   52

4th quarter looking good . . . 1st quarter skewed by that 35-point meltdown against Oklahoma, of course.

Edit: Oh, yeah, the totals: NU 394, Opp 319

Wow....our 3rd quarter production numbers are ugly. Remember in 2006 when we couldn't seem to get any points at all in the 3rd quarter for like 5 or 6 straight games??

We've routinely come out flat to start the 2nd half this season, expecially at home. This has been a long trend, and I'm wondering if the tunnelwalk has something to do with it? The team gets all fired up for the tunnelwalk to start the game but isn't as fired up the second time around.. maybe we need to do the Tunnelwalk twice each home game. :)

Something else that needs to be accounted for is how many of those 4th quarter scores and defensive stops were effectively meaningless?

7-0 against OU

7-0 against MU

3-7 against Western Michigan

21-3 against San Jose St. (though some of that was knock out points, not meaningless)

3-7 against New Mexico St.

14-0 against Iowa St.

21-7 against Kansas St.

I do agree it's good to see them putting up some nice 4th quarter numbers, but just keep it in perspective guys.

Something else that needs to be accounted for is how many of those 4th quarter scores and defensive stops were effectively meaningless?

7-0 against OU

7-0 against MU

21-3 against San Jose St. (though some of that was knock out points, not meaningless)

14-0 against Iowa St.

21-7 against Kansas St.

I do agree it's good to see them putting up some nice 4th quarter numbers, but just keep it in perspective guys.

How many of those 4th quarter points were by our 2nd string...might add a different perspective?

7-0 against OU

NU - Patrick Witt 16 run (Henery kick), 0:21

21-7 against Kansas St.

NU - Marcus Mendoza 31 run (Henery kick), 3:05

7-0 against MU

14-0 against Iowa St.

That's the only backup points that I see in those games.

7-0 against OU

21-7 against Kansas St.

7-0 against MU

14-0 against Iowa St.

How about VA Tech and Texas Tech...formidable opponents and we made some strides in the fourth quarters of those games to claw our way back into those games to make it interesting at the end?

Maybe our weight room/conditioning changes under Bo are making a difference this year too in addition to the coaching during the game?

7-0 against OU

21-7 against Kansas St.

7-0 against MU

14-0 against Iowa St.

How about VA Tech and Texas Tech...formidable opponents and we made some strides in the fourth quarters of those games to claw our way back into those games to make it interesting at the end?

Maybe our weight room/conditioning changes under Bo are making a difference this year too in addition to the coaching during the game?

I am actually more intrigued by the drop in points against as the game goes on. The big drop from 2nd to 3rd quarter is really nice to see. As I think about most of the wins this year, it seems that the D is on the field a lot in the 3rd and early 4th quarters because the O sputters. Nice to see that the extra time on the field doesn't translate to more points, but actually less. If the offense doesn't come out so flat in the 3rd, I think NU has more blow out games and more time for 2nd stringers. ISU and KSU games come to mind first in this category.

7-0 against OU

21-7 against Kansas St.

7-0 against MU

14-0 against Iowa St.

Since I didn't get an answer to my question as to why the 'stats guy' didn't include Va Tech and Texas Tech

in his research (for whatever argument he was trying to make...) FYI this fills in the blanks!

Va Tech 21-7

TX Tech 13-7

According to my math this skews the stats previously published by needing to include this differential by 34-14 in the fourth quarter by the good guys playing on the field.

Don't take for granted everything you read on an internet message board. This thread just didn't 'smell right' and I wanted to fill in the blanks previously omitted.

I was in Memorial for the VA Tech game and sensed a change in attitude (both on the field and in the stands) after halftime. And guess what? VT didn't start substituting their 'scrubs' after halftime either.