Way to Get Crowd Loud

C N Red

I know everyone bitches about how the crowd doesn't get loud enough and won't stand up etc. I agree with you. The "oldies" continually give the "down in front". I know, I hear it EVERY game where I sit in the North endzone.

I will say that I stood more at the Kansas game than I have at the rest of the games combined. I don't know why this was, but it was nice to see. It really has alot to do with the fans in the first rows. So if you are a fan in the front row or two, please stand up and yell, therefore everyone behind you has to stand and then everyone is standing.

Now, to get noise I don't believe you necessarily have to be standing to be loud. I was thinking about a way to get the place loud, and loud all the time.

I don't think it would be possible to ACTUALLY measure this and list it, but really all you would have to do is just throw up a fake meter with fluctuations. What you have up on the boards is a Noise meter divided into N,S,E,W stadiums. You have the meter reading each stadiums noise level and rising and lowering.

If the stadiums level is high they will feel the need to keep it there, if it's low they will feel the need to get louder to be the loudest. I think one thing you can take advantage of with Nebraska fans is their competitive spirit. They all want to be a better fan than the person sitting next to them.

Anyways, just an idea to get some noise and energy in the stadium, especially when we're on defense. It's like when they pump through, "Stand up and Shout," the stadium is then loud. I think with the older crowd at Memorial, they just need someone to tell them or show them with huskervision how and when to be loud.

A Good "HUSKER" "POWER" Chant seems to get the crowd pretty loud......urgh...remember when they changed it to "HUSKER" "NATION".........that was awful...

But in my own experiences....... nothing gets a crowd more pumped than a fumble/interception taken back for six baby!

Usually followed by why the hell did Ganz throw that comment. <_< Maybe thats just me. chuckleshuffle

You want some noise?

Launch Lil Red like a freakin rocket from the 50 yard line and have him explode in an awesome display of pyrotechnics 500 feet over Memorial Stadium...

The roar of approval would be deafening....

not to mention cry's of horror from all the little kids..... memorial stadium would be rockin!!! i love it.

did anyone watch the OU-TT game, the whole entire time that stadium was rockin!! That is what we need to get back to, fans standing and cheering the whole time, you can't tell the players don't feed off stuff like that, that is why they call it home field advantage. That is something memorial stadium has lacked for awhile.

whenever i go to the games...2 or 3 a year we hardly ever get told to sit down. (north endzone) in fact..there is an old guy who wont stand or even yell...but he has this beeper on his keychain that sounds like a siren..and its deafening..he just lets that thing go when everyone else is yelling theyre hearts out..its annoying as hell...but im definately not going to complain. rock on old man!

did anyone watch the OU-TT game, the whole entire time that stadium was rockin!! That is what we need to get back to, fans standing and cheering the whole time, you can't tell the players don't feed off stuff like that, that is why they call it home field advantage. That is something memorial stadium has lacked for awhile.

I noticed that during the OU-TT game as well. That stadium was absolutely crazy and the players just fed off of it.

I like this idea. The "loud meter" doesn't really even need to be true, just somebody pushing a button to make it go up or down. Either way, if it's loud or soft (the meter), seeing it will probably subjectively make people more prone to yell.

Yep, this is exactly what I was thinking. I know this shouldn't have to be done, but until all the "old school" fans are "gone," this may be a good way to get some competitive spirit between fans going.

I bet there is a phyc study somewhere that would prove your meter idea will work. For the same reasons the OU-TT game was loud, fans trying to be louder than the other teams fans. We just have to challange our own fans! Pretty sad but such is the state of the sea of red.

Someone get with Dr. Tom on this, pronto!!!