Dirty/Illegal hits?

BigBL87

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Yes, it was a stupid play. However, it wasn't even remotely close to being officiated correctly. I can't believe the call wasn't overturned because the kicker was obviously out of the kickers box. It might not be quite as bad as the 5 downs CU got over Mizzou years back, but it's close.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Yes, it was a stupid play. However, it wasn't even remotely close to being officiated correctly. I can't believe the call wasn't overturned because the kicker was obviously out of the kickers box. It might not be quite as bad as the 5 downs CU got over Mizzou years back, but it's close.

I am not asking this to put you on the spot, but If we would have made that play do you think they would have over turned it or the refs catch it the first time. I think they would have. IMO

Wow, I'm impressed. Everyone seems to be pissed about no calls on two different occasions. No one is even talking about the biggest screw up of the game. The fake field goal that CU took in for 6 should have been spotted down where the placeholders knee was because the kicker took off too soon and was out of the kicker's box therefore making him a receiver. The placeholder was then considered the QB, but he had his knee on the ground which means he should have been down and CU take over on downs where his knee was down.

Well, we can't have our cake and eat it too. The play worked vs KU and technically Wesch shoulda been called down on that one too.

I am not asking this to put you on the spot, but If we would have made that play do you think they would have over turned it or the refs catch it the first time. I think they would have. IMO

Yeah, I think the booth would have buzzed the ref. and the play would have been overturned. I don't think the ref's would have caught it the first time, but I do think the booth would have wanted to review it and somebody would have at least gotten the manual out and made sure the right call was eventually enforced.

Wow, I'm impressed. Everyone seems to be pissed about no calls on two different occasions. No one is even talking about the biggest screw up of the game. The fake field goal that CU took in for 6 should have been spotted down where the placeholders knee was because the kicker took off too soon and was out of the kicker's box therefore making him a receiver. The placeholder was then considered the QB, but he had his knee on the ground which means he should have been down and CU take over on downs where his knee was down.

Well, we can't have our cake and eat it too. The play worked vs KU and technically Wesch shoulda been called down on that one too.

I don't think the kicker was outside the box in the KU game. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

I was at the KU game so I don't know what they said during the game, but I thought in the post-game they said that his knee was up off of the ground in time.

I was at the KU game so I don't know what they said during the game, but I thought in the post-game they said that his knee was up off of the ground in time.

K, well that's different. I'm pretty certain Henery was out of his kicker's box(vs KU) though, he nearly had to dive to catch that thing.

Either way, the real theme of that game was missed opportunies by Big Red: too many red zone screw ups.

K, well that's different. I'm pretty certain Henery was out of his kicker's box though, he nearly had to dive to catch that thing.

You are right he was outside the box and it should have been called in the CU game, but oh well I guess it kind of just blends in to the rest of the season. All I can say is that at least we won it was kind of ugly which a lot of th CU vs. NU games are but we did get the win!! GBR

K, well that's different. I'm pretty certain Henery was out of his kicker's box(vs KU) though, he nearly had to dive to catch that thing.

You are right he was outside the box and it should have been called in the CU game, but oh well I guess it kind of just blends in to the rest of the season. All I can say is that at least we won it was kind of ugly which a lot of th CU vs. NU games are but we did get the win!! GBR

K, well that's different. I'm pretty certain Henery was out of his kicker's box though, he nearly had to dive to catch that thing.

Bo did still have his coaches challenge after the Fage FG debacle. I know it was his play, but I wonder if he thought about questioning it? Supposedly he was told by Big XII after KU game that if he ran that play again, they would call the holder down. If Bo knew that, I wonder........

Bo did still have his coaches challenge after the Fage FG debacle. I know it was his play, but I wonder if he thought about questioning it? Supposedly he was told by Big XII after KU game that if he ran that play again, they would call the holder down. If Bo knew that, I wonder........

It was not an incorrect call....they discussed it during the telecast. There is an exception in the rule book about the 'knee down'.

The reason is because of Rule 4-1-3(b, exception)

This rule creates the exception to the ball being declared dead when a player's knee is down touching the ground. The exception applies only to the HOLDER when an offensive player kicks or simulates kicking the ball for a place kick (Field Goal). By rule the ball may be advanced, kicked or passed.

In college football the holder may place his knee on the ground and the ball is not declared dead

The Test: Is there a player in position to kick or simulate a kick at the snap. The holder may rise to gain possession of the muffed snap and return to the ground

From the rulebook:

When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot, touches

the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses

possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his

body, except his hand or foot. (Exception: The ball remains alive when

an offensive player has simulated a kick or is in position to kick the ball

held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or

advanced by rule) (A.R. 4-1-3-I)

Yes, but the kicker was outside the kicker's box therefore eliminating the exception. There was no offensive player there to kick or simulate the kick while the placeholders knee was on the ground because the offensive player was outside of the kicker's box. Therefore, the play should have been blown dead with CU taking over on downs where the placeholders knee was down. With the kicker out of the box, there was no player back there to kick or simulate a kick.

Yes, but the kicker was outside the kicker's box therefore eliminating the exception. There was no offensive player there to kick or simulate the kick while the placeholders knee was on the ground because the offensive player was outside of the kicker's box. Therefore, the play should have been blown dead with CU taking over on downs where the placeholders knee was down. With the kicker out of the box, there was no player back there to kick or simulate a kick.

:yeah Which was supposedly what the Big XII told Bo also pre-game. Kicker moved early and was out of the Kicker's box, position, whatever making the holder now just the same as a QB with his knee on the ground.

:yeah Which was supposedly what the Big XII told Bo also pre-game. Kicker moved early and was out of the Kicker's box, position, whatever making the holder now just the same as a QB with his knee on the ground.

K, so what if the holder botches handling the snap, the kicker takes off running, the holder secures the ball still with his knee on the ground: is he down or can he get up and run?

K, so what if the holder botches handling the snap, the kicker takes off running, the holder secures the ball still with his knee on the ground: is he down or can he get up and run?

That depends if the kicker runs out of the box like he is going to make a play other than kicking the ball. I f he is running forward to kick the ball then he is not down. If he is running to the side like on a sweep or something than yes he would be down.