5 of 12

sthusker

it looks like 5 of the big 12 teams will get a Trophy :o

No. One team should get one trophy and another gets 2. None of this Co-North/South Championship crap. The B12 is already being heavily scrutinized about it's tiebreaking methods.

I have no problem with the tiebreaking methods. Mizzou gets the nod over us because they won the head to head. Down in the South, what would be a fairer tiebreaking method than using the final BCS standings? If you choose a common opponent they all 3 played, that could be skewed by the team they pick. I think it's fair the way it is now. I also believe that OU is the best team in the South much to the dismay of Texass fans. I bet the biggest Mizzou fans right now can be found within the borders of Texas.

What are the odds if OU wins the NC game that we have a co-NC with Texas being the other?

I thought that there was no such thing as a co-NC anymore :dunno

Didn't they restructure the BCS for that reason or am I wrong. Either way it didn't work. The playoff system is looking better all of the time.

Down in the South, what would be a fairer tiebreaking method than using the final BCS standings? If you choose a common opponent they all 3 played, that could be skewed by the team they pick. I think it's fair the way it is now.

Actually, they do go to common opponent before BCS standings, but in this case they all have the same record against common opponents (3-0 against all other B12 South teams).

I agree that the BCS is the best last method. What other possibilities are there? Total margin of victory? Coin flip? At least the BCS standings take strength of schedule into account through the computer rankings.

it looks like 5 of the big 12 teams will get a Trophy :o

No. One team should get one trophy and another gets 2. None of this Co-North/South Championship crap. The B12 is already being heavily scrutinized about it's tiebreaking methods.

I have no problem with the tiebreaking methods. Mizzou gets the nod over us because they won the head to head. Down in the South, what would be a fairer tiebreaking method than using the final BCS standings? If you choose a common opponent they all 3 played, that could be skewed by the team they pick. I think it's fair the way it is now. I also believe that OU is the best team in the South much to the dismay of Texass fans. I bet the biggest Mizzou fans right now can be found within the borders of Texas.

What are the odds if OU wins the NC game that we have a co-NC with Texas being the other?

I thought that there was no such thing as a co-NC anymore :dunno

Didn't they restructure the BCS for that reason or am I wrong. Either way it didn't work. The playoff system is looking better all of the time.

there is a BCS National Champion and an Associated Press National Champion... if they disagree, then there can be a co-NC

Heard on PTI that in the SEC in case of a 3 way tie team with the lowest BCS is tossed out, then the winner of the head to head of the remaining two goes.

It sounds like field day at the elementary schools where everyone gets a ribbon for participating.

<_< Yeah...hey Cy, even the Cyclones will get a participation sticker to put on their shopping cart for their Spring Game in the Walmart parking lot!!

Rumor: Cyclones are getting new turf on their practice field...er..pavement in the parking lot. (Donation coming from the Federal Economic Stimulus Program to keep Iowans employed)