Who did you play with/against back in the day?

Most of the people have already been mentioned...

Gregg List in district baseball

Dave Volk 2 years in Football (Should have beat them, missed a pat in OT)

Russ Hochstein football and basketball (That dude could play basketball!)

A few other notable things...

Was a press photographer for the 100 yard dash at the state track meet to watch Ahman Green breeze to the finish. That's the fastest I've ever had something coming at me and I wasn't moving.

I got dunked on by Markowski about 12 times my junior year in high school. I think we lost by 70 or so.

A couple of guys from my high school played for NU. Darren and Damon Schmadaeke (watch Fraziers amazing run against Florida and he's one of the guys on the field yelling and watching the play) Jason Olnes also walked on and played a couple of years.

I dunked on former Husker basketball player Andy Markowski, he was 6'10". He was an assistant coach at USD when I went on a recruiting visit there and he was late in help defense rotation. Played against Seppo Evwaraye (sp?) in football and got owned by Kirk Hinrich in summer league games in high school. He was really good.

Fixed it for you. He went to my high school, along with Matt Schroeder. Graduated the year behind me and they won both state football and basketball that year. I didn't play against anyone, though, I was way too small in high school to be playing football...

I played against him in 88 and 89 and Erik Strickland was the best football player I think I've ever seen at the high school level. He would have been awesome in FB in college if he'd went that way instead of FB.

Calvin Jones- Fast as all get out.

Clester Johnson was a freak of nature physically. One of my friends went to BW and said that the wrestling coach asked Clester to wrestle for them in districts after their guy got hurt and couldn't go. They had no one else with a chance of doing very good so Clester stepped in and qualified for state and eventually took like 4th or something. Not sure if that story is true or not but it was told to me by an offensive lineman for BW.

Also played dodgeball against Terrence Badgett in gym class in high school. He could vaporize you from all the way across the gym!

As a freshman in college I laid out Mark Boericter from Hastings College and later of KC Chiefs fame. It was a blatent cheap shot away from the play but I felt huge in that one moment. His backside cut block a little later probably made us even.

And as a freshman in high school John Howell of Mullen knocked me silly on a kick return. He went on to start at Colorado State and then backed up John Lynch with the Bucs.

Did Mark Boerichter go to Centura High? If so I put his d**k in the dirt a couple of times on tackling drills, He was a BIG mutha!!!

played bball with Eric Piatkowski, and against Jacques Vaughn, Toby Bailey, and Charles O'Bannon.

Piatkowski grew up in Rapid City, SD and went to Stevens before he played at NU. I played a couple games against him when I was a sophmore, and he was a senior. I was tallest kid on our team, so I played center, and got the honor of being abused by him.

A few years ago, i was going into the ESPN zone in NYC, and I opened the door for Keyshawn Johnson, and i was trying not too laugh at the fact I was taller than he was...

As a freshman in college I laid out Mark Boericter from Hastings College and later of KC Chiefs fame. It was a blatent cheap shot away from the play but I felt huge in that one moment. His backside cut block a little later probably made us even.

And as a freshman in high school John Howell of Mullen knocked me silly on a kick return. He went on to start at Colorado State and then backed up John Lynch with the Bucs.

Did Mark Boerichter go to Centura High? If so I put his d**k in the dirt a couple of times on tackling drills, He was a BIG mutha!!!

Boerigter played at Hastings High

I played against him in 88 and 89 and Erik Strickland was the best football player I think I've ever seen at the high school level. He would have been awesome in FB in college if he'd went that way instead of FB.

Calvin Jones- Fast as all get out.

Clester Johnson was a freak of nature physically. One of my friends went to BW and said that the wrestling coach asked Clester to wrestle for them in districts after their guy got hurt and couldn't go. They had no one else with a chance of doing very good so Clester stepped in and qualified for state and eventually took like 4th or something. Not sure if that story is true or not but it was told to me by an offensive lineman for BW.

Also played dodgeball against Terrence Badgett in gym class in high school. He could vaporize you from all the way across the gym!

Eric was a geat all around athlete. I think he was a better baseball player than BB but that was just my opinion,

Yes it was true that Clester walked right into wrestling and did a hell of a job. I am curious as to the OL at Bellevue you talkd to. Chances are, I played along side him. I am still amazed that after all of these years, Coach Faiman is still there. He is a great guy!