Article on who will replace Ganz

IDK about you guys but I'm really concerned about our QB situation next year. Whoever plays will have slim to no real game experience and I think that could really hurt us. We are really going to need a strong OL and backfield along with a good D-Line and hopefully the secondary will become respectable. I think we're going to be at about the same position next year just because of that and our schedule.

I am not as concerned as I was earlier this year. I have come to the realization that we must break in a new QB and the two that look to have the inside track have been in the system a couple years. Granted they dont have extensive game experience but they do know the offense. Remember last year Ganz came in with just about no experience as well and started chucking the ball around pretty well. I think the first few games of next season will be enough to get whoever it may be settled in and comfortable.

IDK about you guys but I'm really concerned about our QB situation next year. Whoever plays will have slim to no real game experience and I think that could really hurt us. We are really going to need a strong OL and backfield along with a good D-Line and hopefully the secondary will become respectable. I think we're going to be at about the same position next year just because of that and our schedule.

I am not as concerned as I was earlier this year. I have come to the realization that we must break in a new QB and the two that look to have the inside track have been in the system a couple years. Granted they dont have extensive game experience but they do know the offense. Remember last year Ganz came in with just about no experience as well and started chucking the ball around pretty well. I think the first few games of next season will be enough to get whoever it may be settled in and comfortable.

Yes Ganz was good when he first started and he had been the back up for 3 years in Billy C's system, I think him and Zac Taylor were the only players that ever really understood how the offense worked. I am saying that we are going to have an inexperienced quarterback and they make inexperienced plays sometimes. Hopefully whoever starts will turn out to be a good QB.

I have a question about all this. I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but if Green redshirts next year, what do we do with the 09 starter? If he plays well, I suppose he should keep playing, but then Green gets less time, and he might be a great qb too. I'm sure this happens all the time with other teams, but I just haven't been around that long.

"...Green, who is committed to NU but not officially a Husker until he signs a letter of intent in February, has passed for 2,765 yards this year and rushed for 1,457. He’s shown the ability to take over games. See the state quarterfinal against Brenham: Brenham took away the pass so he beat them with the run, picking up 270 yards on the ground in a 42-21 win..."

Sick numbers!

Wow, all the QB candidates look very good.

I think the real problem will be in 2010 when Green is theoretically ready to go. Would kind of suck for the '09 starter if CG beat him out.

Something's gotta give!

yeah, but being a redshirt freshman by no means indicates that he's ready to go, or else all redshirt freshmen would have reached their full potential at QB.

Well, if all the hype pans out with Green I figure he will be ready.

I wouldnt bank on the hype panning out, it rarely does. At this rate he is allegedly going to be better than Tommy Frazier and Vince Young combined. Oh and did I mention he $hits golden footballs. <_<

yeah, but being a redshirt freshman by no means indicates that he's ready to go, or else all redshirt freshmen would have reached their full potential at QB.

Well, if all the hype pans out with Green I figure he will be ready.

I wouldnt bank on the hype panning out, it rarely does. At this rate he is allegedly going to be better than Tommy Frazier and Vince Young combined. Oh and did I mention he $hits golden footballs. <_<

I'm thinkin' Terelle Pryor, but a better passer...

I think it'll be Z. Lee. But you cant overlook all the reps Spano got this year on the scout team with all the same guys that are gonna be the future WR's. If theyve built some chemistry this year, watch out for Spano in the spring. JMHO

I think that Spano has really been overlooked. It really will be interesting to see who will be the starter next year. At this point as far as I see it, it is a toss up and should be interesting to see who folds and who will make it through the competition. All in all it should make them all better.