Article on who will replace Ganz

Link

It is going to be an exciting off season. I like Lee, but all I want is the best player to get the job. My gut tells me Witt will more than likely be the starter but it will be close. With both Lee and Witt being in the system for 2 years now, I am comfortable with one of them taking the reigns. Ganz had been in the system for a few years and his knowledge of it is what makes him so good IMO. I think Green has a ton of athletic ability but it wont be enough to overtake Witt or Lees knowledge of the system and he will redshirt.

Redshirting Green would be the best thing probably. I like Lee, he has been the good soldier. Witt was recruited and supposedly has so much talent, but nobody has really seen it at this level so far, and he has not gotten a chance to show it.

I think Bo will have some decisions to make for next season. What I don't want to see is where we have more than 1 starting QB. Hopefully someone will come into Spring and dominate it...so there is no question or controversy over who should be the starter. Leadership is a huge part of the equation, but you can't be throwing picks either, or dropping the ball on the turf. We need to get more turnovers and quit giving them.

Green and Spano may have a battle for starter in the coming seasons. I like what I have seen from both, but it is too early to judge Spano at the college level, as it is Green for that matter really. What happens when they see full speed at the NCAA level will determine who is the QB of the future.

Too early to tell.

I'm officialy jumping on the Kody Spano train. Seems no one else feels he has a shoot, but have you seen his tapes? Very verastile player. Will be a tough road ahead to start, but this guy is GIFTED. If Spano doesn't start it will be Lee, he has the wheels and the arm, but does he have command and accuracy? I personally don't know, but we'll soon find out.

As for Witt, I haven't seen anything out of him that makes me say WOW, may be that I'm not real big on pocket passers. But personel prefrence aside his 16yrd scramble was a bit over analyzed IMO, hell Zac Taylor could have run for that TD!

Should make for an interesting battle, GO SPANO!!

I agree with what most of you are saying on here. I think Witt is going to get the starting shot, but the best thing for Green to do is redshirt, build his strength and conditioning, and learn the playbook. That way, when it comes time for Green to really compete for the starting job, he can ease right in.

Who knows? Maybe his second season here (following his redshirt season) he'll come in during the middle of the season and take over for the starting quarterback. Then he will play 3 more years and win us a Heisman like in '01 :w00t

I agree with Spano. I think i said this awhile back that something just gives me the feeling that since the backup QBs are seeing such little playing time it would kind of make sense that maybe even the coaches are leaning towards Spano.. then again, they really shouldn't be looking that far forward so maybe not... The kid just looks good and is decently intelligent. We'll see how it turns out but it'll be an interesting spring for sure.

IDK about you guys but I'm really concerned about our QB situation next year. Whoever plays will have slim to no real game experience and I think that could really hurt us. We are really going to need a strong OL and backfield along with a good D-Line and hopefully the secondary will become respectable. I think we're going to be at about the same position next year just because of that and our schedule.

I agree with Spano. I think i said this awhile back that something just gives me the feeling that since the backup QBs are seeing such little playing time it would kind of make sense that maybe even the coaches are leaning towards Spano.. then again, they really shouldn't be looking that far forward so maybe not... The kid just looks good and is decently intelligent. We'll see how it turns out but it'll be an interesting spring for sure.

I have read from multiple people on this board that claim that Spano has been less than impressive thus far. I know he is only a Freshman, plus I have no way to verify this since I have never seen him play at all. I know he is getting a lot of reps with the scout team. Has anyone been around practices enough to give an opinion on him on here? I would love to know what reality is on him, guess that is what will make this spring so much fun!

IDK about you guys but I'm really concerned about our QB situation next year. Whoever plays will have slim to no real game experience and I think that could really hurt us. We are really going to need a strong OL and backfield along with a good D-Line and hopefully the secondary will become respectable. I think we're going to be at about the same position next year just because of that and our schedule.

no doubt, will all depend on which one steps up and makes it his team and becomes a leader. regardless there will be a lot expected whoever gets the top spot, but the guys have been in the system (which helps) and should expect this, they did come here to play QB.

Ok, I'll bite. What do you mean by decently intelligent? Is that slightly more intelligent than (dumber than a box of rocks) Jamal Lord? Or is it slightly less intelligent than (I scored a 33 on my ACT) Frost?