No intrastate rival

ClemBert

I am abit suprised we dont play Iowa more.

Iowa doesn't want to play us. Byrne, and Pederson have tried getting an annual lined up agaist Iowa but they want nothing to do with playing us. Why? I don't know.

Curious where you heard this. Is it documented? I live in Iowa and was never aware of this.

I am abit suprised we dont play Iowa more.

Iowa doesn't want to play us. Byrne, and Pederson have tried getting an annual lined up agaist Iowa but they want nothing to do with playing us. Why? I don't know.

yearly beatdowns at the hands of huskers, for one thing. iowa wants nothing to do with nebraska.

another thing is that they probably feel that a game against nebraska doesn't help their recruiting, but i'm just guessing on that one. it could be that they feel it's too regional.

as far as not having an instate rival, all i got to say to that is 'meh.' outside of the kansas/missouri rivalry, all the big xii north teams are quick to point out that they're nebraska's 'rival'. (example: colorado)

no.

the powers that be try to make it this big deal in basketball with creighton, and it actually makes me want to pay less attention to it.

and from what ive seen with what you deal with the coot fans, i dont want any of that bidness. all for one and one for all, thats how we roll.

A Husker voluntarily referring to UsuC as the "coots" has made my life complete- I must amend Maslow's Hierarchy of Need accordingly! He would if he were still alive.

You guys are turning out to be THE best!

Go Huskers!

no.

the powers that be try to make it this big deal in basketball with creighton, and it actually makes me want to pay less attention to it.

and from what ive seen with what you deal with the coot fans, i dont want any of that bidness. all for one and one for all, thats how we roll.

A Husker voluntarily referring to UsuC as the "coots" has made my life complete- I must amend Maslow's Hierarchy of Need accordingly! He would if he were still alive.

You guys are turning out to be THE best!

Go Huskers!

coots, coots, coots!

Hey, where's the chicken emoticon? :o

yearly beatdowns at the hands of huskers, for one thing.

iowa wants nothing to do with nebraska.

uh... they've only played five or six times over the last sixty years.

I'd like to see some sort of documentation of that statement.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

yearly beatdowns??

MAYBE in the husker heydays.

these days... not so much. ;)

I'd love to see an annual matchup. :)

as far as an INTRASTATE rival-- the huskers would never want that.

What if a "neb st" was actually good? AND won sometimes??

neb wants no part of that,

that would never do...