Nebraska Breaks Top 25 Recruiting Class

OKC,

No arguement from me on that.

Rob,

That is always the "unspoken" about commits. They ones who never make it to campus. I dont see Nu's ranking falling too far. Nebraska has a decent avg ranking per player. But others who have more scholarships to give will pass NU again. If I am correct in my thinking NU is about done. Maybe what, 1 or 2 more guys? I know Mu has 8 or 9 left to give, with a couple of big names in the mix.

But none of that matters until they sign and, as rob said, more importantly qualify.

I know this has been brought up in the past, but I just dont get how players are ranked sometimes.

Rivals has Sheldon Richardson as the #4 player in the US. A 5 star DT (position he plays now. Also plays TE)

Scout has him as a 4 star, the 9th ranked OT and the #53 player in the US

Quite a difference. All I know is he is one big motha...:)

I know this has been brought up in the past, but I just dont get how players are ranked sometimes.

Rivals has Sheldon Richardson as the #4 player in the US. A 5 star DT (position he plays now. Also plays TE)

Scout has him as a 4 star, the 9th ranked OT and the #53 player in the US

Quite a difference. All I know is he is one big motha...:)

He should be a handfull either way..

Scout has C green a 5 star I believe the 5th best player. Rivals has him a low 4 star 11th dual threat qb...

Quite a gap..

I suggest you tell the past 8-9 National Championship teams that recruiting quality athletes does not matter.

It is not the end to end all, but you have to have the talent to succeed. Even our coach made a comment or two about it recently.

But again most of BC's classes were not that high on stars, they were high because he took large classes. Total points not average.

I agree you have to have talent there is no doubt about that, but I think that when you have coaches that can take players with lesser star ratings and make them play to their potential that is the key. The problem the last few years wasn't the fact that we didn't have talent it just wasn't used in the right ways like they are now. I think overall looking at the recruits red shirted and the incoming recruits I think we will be just fine. :thumbs

im with stupid :hellloooo:corndance:thumbs

I suggest you tell the past 8-9 National Championship teams that recruiting quality athletes does not matter.

It is not the end to end all, but you have to have the talent to succeed. Even our coach made a comment or two about it recently.

But again most of BC's classes were not that high on stars, they were high because he took large classes. Total points not average.

I suggest you tell the faithful alumn at Notre dumb, Miami, and Florida State how they got screwed because they're not in the NC game. These schools have been in the top 10 in recruiting for a while, and what do they have to show for it?

Here's some research for someone with more time than me. What was the final recruiting ranking for Nebraska in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992? How many top 5 or 10 recruiting classes did TO have in those respective years?

EXACTLY what i was trying to say. and i would have to say/agree, dont bother with taking your time figuring out your query. someone somewhere is going to be able to skew the numbers, find the right rankings, etc., to refute your statement no matter how much sense it makes. and im with you, i think you make heaps of it. sense, that is. of the common type :horns2

well our NC team in 95 (it's either 95 or 96) had 5 walk ons starting...... i like to believe its no the most highly ranked kid in the class that's gunna win the big games but the one with the biggest heart and desire to dominate. i mean heck Carriker was a 3 star but went 13th in the draft..... so as far as I'm concerned sign as many 3 and 4 stars or wat ever stars want Bo cuz when it comes down to it takes a good coach to mold and develop that talent and i think we are safe there. :)

I just got back from the California championship game and our 3 star recruit from Corona Centenial , Martinez was a stud at QB, this against a very highly rated, and fast Concord De LaSalle team - how this guy is only a 3 star is a puzzle- I know he's not going to be a QB at Nebraska, but the guy has some wheels and a strong arm- needs to fill out, but again, he's the QB at the number one or two, high school team in the country, and he's only rated a 3 star recruit.

I just got back from the California championship game and our 3 star recruit from Corona Centenial , Martinez was a stud at QB, this against a very highly rated, and fast Concord De LaSalle team - how this guy is only a 3 star is a puzzle- I know he's not going to be a QB at Nebraska, but the guy has some wheels and a strong arm- needs to fill out, but again, he's the QB at the number one or two, high school team in the country, and he's only rated a 3 star recruit.

Yeah I think that he is a very underated prospect espically because of his speed

• 3 weeks later...

It appears to me that our class is falling apart a bit ... and here at the end of the recruiting cycle the players are not falling our way.

Any more surprize losses of players or any late additions comin' our way?

Personally, this recruiting class seems to have peaked with not much out there. Is this view pessimism or a realist view.

Love the experts and non-alike's opinions.

SheepdogMark

It appears to me that our class is falling apart a bit ... and here at the end of the recruiting cycle the players are not falling our way.

Any more surprize losses of players or any late additions comin' our way?

Personally, this recruiting class seems to have peaked with not much out there. Is this view pessimism or a realist view.

Love the experts and non-alike's opinions.

SheepdogMark

I think this is more pessimistic than realistic. When you look at the recruiting class as a whole, it is still very, very solid. If Burkhead and Green can live up to our expectations for them, they could be the focal points of the offense in the coming years. We reeled in four massive lineman who will only fill out more as they hit the weight room/training table. They are all at least 6'4 and 280 lbs. Defensively, we're also very tight. We brought in Pensick, Thad Randle, and Ankrah. Ankrah has all the tools to be an absolute beast, and Thad was 1st team all Texas (with Burkhead), over the likes of the next coming of Warren Sapp, Jamarkus McFarland. Pensick could surprise, and will have the Nebraska work ethic. LB's very good (esp. if you count last years class; from what I've heard, Alonzo Whaley, 2* and probably least decorated recruit, has garnered the most attention). Chris Williams should be a stud (5A Def. Player of Yr. in TX as Junior), can't really place Bodtmann but he should be good. Secondary is focal point of this year's class... Bo is targeting big, fast athletes that he can coach up just like he did to this year's guys. Sky's the limit IMO. Martinez is said to be an absolute playmaker and has garnered many awards this year (best player in CA...!). Would love for Dijon Washington to make it but he's iffy from the world on the street. Hope to finish with probably Eric Martin and Bennie Logan. Possibly Lester White as a Washington replacement, but he seems headed to UCLA.