Nebraska Breaks Top 25 Recruiting Class

Well Gents, a few weeks ago I wrote a post complaining that Nebraska was only #41 in recruiting so far. I'm pleased to (apparently) be the first on the board to announce we are now at #25, ahead of missouri, texas tech, and some other big names. Still behind 25 other schools though, so keep up the good work Bo and Crew.

GO BIG RED!!!!

and look what all those top tier recruits got them....to the hawaii bowl?...come on, Notre Dame will recruit well becuz of the tradition and the academics and the fact that its Notre Dame..

i was trying to say that the ranking are overrated...obviously. sure, some will hit right one the head, but other than that, its like a preseason poll. i know this years preseason poll had some real dandys in it. im sick of the 4 star this, 5 star that. the media just found another way to make money off of us desperate, bored in the winter/summer months football fans. i choose to use my time to rant about it, instead of hypin up a bunch of 18 year old kids and setting most of them up for failure. :rant

Well Gents, a few weeks ago I wrote a post complaining that Nebraska was only #41 in recruiting so far. I'm pleased to (apparently) be the first on the board to announce we are now at #25, ahead of missouri, texas tech, and some other big names. Still behind 25 other schools though, so keep up the good work Bo and Crew.

Ahem:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=395259

In addition to posting in the right forum, you can also read topics in the right forum. dedhoarse

The problem with the recruiting rankings stems from the emphasis they put maybe on one player. I believe our ranking so high a few years ago stemmed from just 2 players in Lucky and Beck. When one of the players that got us so high in the recruiting rankings goes tits up, then everyone starts ragging on how recruiting rankings don't matter.

I suggest you tell the past 8-9 National Championship teams that recruiting quality athletes does not matter.

It is not the end to end all, but you have to have the talent to succeed. Even our coach made a comment or two about it recently.

But again most of BC's classes were not that high on stars, they were high because he took large classes. Total points not average.

I suggest you tell the past 8-9 National Championship teams that recruiting quality athletes does not matter.

It is not the end to end all, but you have to have the talent to succeed. Even our coach made a comment or two about it recently.

But again most of BC's classes were not that high on stars, they were high because he took large classes. Total points not average.

I agree you have to have talent there is no doubt about that, but I think that when you have coaches that can take players with lesser star ratings and make them play to their potential that is the key. The problem the last few years wasn't the fact that we didn't have talent it just wasn't used in the right ways like they are now. I think overall looking at the recruits red shirted and the incoming recruits I think we will be just fine. :thumbs

GO BIG RED!!!!

I don't know why a post like this always brings the "faithful" to a debate about "stars" and "rankings" ...

I'm just glad that areyouserious can finally rest at night ... cause I know this has kept him up at nights.

I like our class ... but I won't be surprized to see us finish in the top 40, rather than the top 25, but I like the "gets" thus far, regardless of how the "experts" rank it.

SheepdogMark

I suggest you tell the faithful alumn at Notre dumb, Miami, and Florida State how they got screwed because they're not in the NC game. These schools have been in the top 10 in recruiting for a while, and what do they have to show for it?

Here's some research for someone with more time than me. What was the final recruiting ranking for Nebraska in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992? How many top 5 or 10 recruiting classes did TO have in those respective years?

just another thing to remember is we are still a little bit out from signing day and teams ranking have as much to do with the number of verbals as it does the quality of those players.

Not that a ranking guarentee any success anyway, just as others have hinted at. Just stating that you should wait until the LOI's are signed to judge a class. Alot of things can change from now until then and a lot of names are yet to drop

just another thing to remember is we are still a little bit out from signing day and teams ranking have as much to do with the number of verbals as it does the quality of those players.

Not that a ranking guarentee any success anyway, just as others have hinted at. Just stating that you should wait until the LOI's are signed to judge a class. Alot of things can change from now until then and a lot of names are yet to drop

Your right.. Alot can happen between now and February. I have to admit that the over all landscape is changing for us. We are showing momentum and the label ,"A team on the rise" has got us much attention from some kids that would have not looked our way last season after that debacle.

I like where we are going. I will state again that we have some very talented young men in this class with some key members that early enrollies.

Your right.. Alot can happen between now and February. I have to admit that the over all landscape is changing for us. We are showing momentum and the label ,"A team on the rise" has got us much attention from some kids that would have not looked our way last season after that debacle.

I like where we are going. I will state again that we have some very talented young men in this class with some key members that early enrollies.

One thing that can happen is 4-5 non-qualifiers --- and those "on the bubble" now are all among our top 10 recruits. If we lose most (or worst still, all) of them then the recruiting rankings will plummet. Of course, some of them might make it. But I too would guess that NU ends nearer to #40 than to #25.