Future Defense

Washington and Byrd will not be a Huskers. Ankrah is questionable.

I we got a good shot at Eric Martin and Jason Pierre Paul though. Probably another DT will be taken (likely not Latu)

Is this because of grades or defections?

Ankrah, Byrd and Washington are three of our top 6 recruits --- losing all three --- which is more likely than not --- well our top 25 class plummets to #40-45.

So... we are a long way from anything solid in this class as grades will chew up many of our best people. Expect that D. Robinson and LB Norman to fail to qualify as well --- that makes 5 of the top 9 or so as academic casualities.

if most of our "stud" recruits are more likely to not be eligable, then y offer schalorships to them and turn other who are making the grades away? just a question. hope they all get their grades up

The thing people are missing is that they can retake thier ACT and SAT if they got an awful score on them. Plus most of the recruits have a whole semester to get their grades up

2 words- Baker Steinkhuler...........remember him? 5*....#6 on Rivals100...no one mentioned him...he is in the same class as J. Williams, Compton, Fisher, Smith.....he is the one that should be the best of the bunch...i want to see Baker lined up beside J. Ankrah.....nasty...

yeah but they rated him as a OT mostly not a DT

Untrue, Baker played at DT in Army All American game and dominated. It was his play at DT that got him the late jump in his ranking.

I we got a good shot at Eric Martin and Jason Pierre Paul though. Probably another DT will be taken (likely not Latu)

Ankrah, Byrd and Washington are three of our top 6 recruits --- losing all three --- which is more likely than not --- well our top 25 class plummets to #40-45.

So... we are a long way from anything solid in this class as grades will chew up many of our best people. Expect that D. Robinson and LB Norman to fail to qualify as well --- that makes 5 of the top 9 or so as academic casualities.

Robsker,

Man, this post was a major deflator ... I hope to holy hell you are wrong. But with so much optimism on the board ... I suppose this balances things out.

SheepdogMark

Robsker,

Man, this post was a major deflator ... I hope to holy hell you are wrong. But with so much optimism on the board ... I suppose this balances things out.

SheepdogMark

It's a risk when you recruit any kid. I truly believe that our coaching staff is smart enough to believe that these kids are going to make the grades. I don't seem them being that naive and over looking the most important factor in getting into Nebraska, grades. We'll be fine Sheep!

Robsker,

SheepdogMark

I hope I am wrong too! What we know is that none of them are eligible now. Others have pointed out that there are further chances to make the grade. Lets hope they make it. Some will (you'd think) and some will not (more than likely). It is just a function of how many make it and who.

So... the optimism is fine so long as we realize that well,... it may not be so rosy when the thing is done --- unless some guys get their academic act together.

2 words- Baker Steinkhuler...........remember him? 5*....#6 on Rivals100...no one mentioned him...he is in the same class as J. Williams, Compton, Fisher, Smith.....he is the one that should be the best of the bunch...i want to see Baker lined up beside J. Ankrah.....nasty...

Untrue, Baker played at DT in Army All American game and dominated. It was his play at DT that got him the late jump in his ranking.

on his rivals page it says OT

I hope I am wrong too! What we know is that none of them are eligible now. Others have pointed out that there are further chances to make the grade. Lets hope they make it. Some will (you'd think) and some will not (more than likely). It is just a function of how many make it and who.

So... the optimism is fine so long as we realize that well,... it may not be so rosy when the thing is done --- unless some guys get their academic act together.

This happens in most recruiting classes. When I was looking for info on Bennie Logan on a LSU site a ran across a post talking about how many of Alabama's recruits from their highly touted class last year have not make it on campus, yet. Anyway, at least 5 :star :star :star :star have not (though one of those will enroll in January). Four others are grey shirts, etc. Meaning as many as 9 players from that class did not contribute in any way (not scout team, not practice, nothing) this year.

Unfortunately, Nebraska at this point needs to take a chance on some of these riskier guys since these are athletes needed to compete in the Big 12 and the athletes with grades have already been snapped up by Texas.

Thanks I know how to read. While you are on his rivals profile why don't read all the articles about him dominating at DT at US All American against some of the best players in the country. He jumped from like #18 to #8 after solely playing DT in the Bowl. The kid will excel at either side but have feeling based on depth he will stay at DT.

Thanks I know how to read. While you are on his rivals profile why don't read all the articles about him dominating at DT at US All American against some of the best players in the country. He jumped from like #18 to #8 after solely playing DT in the Bowl. The kid will excel at either side but have feeling based on depth he will stay at DT.

i dont have a subscription, so i just said what i saw...