Future Defense

As long as we get Suh back next year's D will be a considerable improvement.

The D-line should be even better Turner, Suh, Baker, Allen should be one of the top units out there. Meredith and Williams will proved good depth. Ankrah could play early. If we get him JPP could really impact.

In the secondary Blue should step in for Murillo nicely with Hagg, West and Akamura showing improvement from '09. Maybe West moves to safety. Otherwise Smith, Levorson, and Osborne could give the incuumbants a run for their money.

At LB we shouldn't have to field inexperienced walk-ons anymore. Dillard should hopefully be healthier. We'll have Lawrence, Washington(provided he doesn't move to DE), Stafford(assuming he stick), Koehler, May, and Holt(though hopefully he shirts) back. Whaley, Compton, and Fisher should make an immediate impact taking one or both of the Will and Sam spots.

I don't think we'll be worldbeaters but we won't be seeing any games like the VT, Mizzou, or OU games again.

As far as this class goes Byrd is in trouble from what I understand. Washington and Norman are iffy. But Ankrah has his grades together, if he can pull up his score he's done. I'd say we probably get two out of the four.

As long as we get Suh back next year's D will be a considerable improvement.

The D-line should be even better Turner, Suh, Baker, Allen should be one of the top units out there. Meredith and Williams will proved good depth. Ankrah could play early. If we get him JPP could really impact.

In the secondary Blue should step in for Murillo nicely with Hagg, West and Akamura showing improvement from '09. Maybe West moves to safety moves to waterboy. Otherwise Smith, Levorson, and Osborne could give the incuumbants a run for their money.

At LB we shouldn't have to field inexperienced walk-ons anymore. Dillard should hopefully be healthier. We'll have Lawrence, Washington(provided he doesn't move to DE), Stafford(assuming he stick), Koehler, May, and Holt(though hopefully he shirts) back. Whaley, Compton, and Fisher should make an immediate impact taking one or both of the Will and Sam spots.

I don't think we'll be worldbeaters but we won't be seeing any games like the VT, Mizzou, or OU games again.

As far as this class goes Byrd is in trouble from what I understand. Washington and Norman are iffy. But Ankrah has his grades together, if he can pull up his score he's done. I'd say we probably get two out of the four.

Fixed it for ya! :thumbs

All I can say is NU has the "potential" to be great. Hopefully everything works out, but I am not making any million dollar bets for a national championship

O and about Baker being a DT, I think it was Jeremy Crabtree who said that he would probably be a high four star, or low five star as a DT to go along with his O line skills

U can hype up Baker all u want, which is great. Moore was a steal, I live in Louisiana and he had better stats than a 5 star that signed with LSwho! he had Hurricane issues and we lucked out, they noticed him at the last second and by that time he all HUSKER. The real question is what happened to Shukree Barfield this year? He came in last couple and to great!

you can say what you want about baker and his stars or stats but i played high school football with him and the best thing i can tell you about him is his work ethic and his personality he is going to bust his butt to be the very best he can for his team and i think he will have a huge impact in the future no matter which side of the ball he plays on

I think the guy who will have the biggest impact next year (besides Suh) will be Barry Turner. Dudes gonna be a beast. I'm liking whats going on @ LB too. If Whaley, Compton, Lawrence, & Fisher are all as good as we think they can be, its gonna be a fun group to watch. Oh yeah, & hopefully a healthy Phillip Dillard. The athleticism in the secondary looks good too. Gonna be interesting to see who steps up next year @ CB.