Why does everyone hate on A. West?

huskerguy

I wonder this too, I thought he was a great Batman, being the original & all. Christian Bale is also good, but those in between were terrible.

Wrong. Anthony West rides the ZX-RR for Kawasaki in motogp. We hate him because he crashes too much and only does well in the rain. He isn't a great corner, but that is because he's an Aussie.

I wonder this too, I thought he was a great Batman, being the original & all. Christian Bale is also good, but those in between were terrible.

Um, thats Adam West, not Anthony West.

My bad, the title of the thread is 'Why does everyone hate on A. West?'

I thought it was in the wrong forum, but went with it anyway...

:dumdum

I actually thought it was about America West...

I havent flown with them since they were bought out by U.S. Airways..I still have trouble remembering the Suns now play at U.S. Airways Center rather than America West Arena..Guess I haven't been there since the Page/Plant concert.

I think I still have $300-400 worth of expired coupons that I bought shortly after I moved here to help bail them out.

I'm sorry, I thought Michael Keaton played the best Batman to date. He started it all...

Oh, A. West...well, I don't think it's much of a hate on him solely as a hate on the secondary as a whole.

The only problem I have with West is that he never turns his head to look for the ball. I've seen in many games this season that if he turns is head he would have an easy INT. Thats the only problem i have with him, and other than that he is a pretty good DB.

Don't know exactly why..But I'm suddenly reminded of this..

w2X3vVMdh-s

Watch the KU game again. He kept KU's offense moving. I realize he was covering Briscoe (who is damn good), but he looked so clueless at times.

Briscoe is dang hard to cover, had 270+ rcving yds, himself, against OU. Didn't burn us too badly, well, 170 or so. He's a guy who's gonna get his yds. Briscoe was really their only threat in that game(NU game).

West is no Keyou Craver, but I think West is going to be alright. Next year he's going to have to show something.

We need somebody like Macho Harris or another Zac Bowman(healthy).

The only problem I have with West is that he never turns his head to look for the ball. I've seen in many games this season that if he turns is head he would have an easy INT. Thats the only problem i have with him, and other than that he is a pretty good DB.

Why is this? I am sure that other team's corners at times do not turn to look at the ball, but it seems that many Nebraska corners don't, and this is going back many years.

Why is this? I am sure that other team's corners at times do not turn to look at the ball, but it seems that many Nebraska corners don't, and this is going back many years.

When you get beat early by being sucked in on a Play Action fake, you can't turn your head. You are too busy sprinting to catch up, you are taught to keep your eye on the receiver during this time. They have no reason to know the QB underthrew the receiver (which generally happens because if the corner is on an island like that there is pressure on the QB). Without knowing that, you don't know the ball is within your reach because if you don't catch that receiver he scores and that is all your are concerned with.

It happens with every team that doesn't have elite speed or excellent play recognition at the CB position. Great shut down corners like Al Harris or Champ Bailey don't have this problem because they are fantastic at play recognition and don't generally get beat on the play action. (they also aren't fantastic in run support)

West is great in run support, and this defense is built on zone defense with help from the safety. If you'll notice, Asante has been helping on Murillo's side mostly where the free safety has been helping West. I understand most people love him, but Ricky Thenarse has a lot of work to do in pass coverage.

Everyone has a job, sometimes the person that looks terrible really did make the mistake. Sometimes he is trying to cover for someone else's mistake. Use your DVR next time to watch the play a couple times, watch the replay. Did a safety get out of position? A LB not cover his area or go on a blitz to cause the safety to rotate? These are the little things that we have gotten progressively better at all year.

Nebraska is going to have one hell of a defense, maybe not next year, but soon. I for one cannot wait for it.

I'm sorry, I thought Michael Keaton played the best Batman to date. He started it all...

Oh, A. West...well, I don't think it's much of a hate on him solely as a hate on the secondary as a whole.

I agree the secondary wasn't that good this year, but considering they had to unlearn techniques taught by the former staff, they progressed quite a bit over last year. Playing in the secondary is tough because it's only 4 guys, and they have to be on the same page every play. One breakdown in coverage costs pretty big against a pass proficient team.

BTW, I thought George Clooney sucked as Batman.

Agree to disagree. I hated Michael Keaton as Batman.

I agree the secondary wasn't that good this year, but considering they had to unlearn techniques taught by the former staff, they progressed quite a bit over last year. Playing in the secondary is tough because it's only 4 guys, and they have to be on the same page every play. One breakdown in coverage costs pretty big against a pass proficient team.

BTW, I thought George Clooney sucked as Batman.

George Clooney just plain sucks. However his level of suckatude wasn't too bad in Ocean's 11, and 12.